Pelfrey is making an idiot out of me.....thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelfrey is making an idiot out of me.....thank you

I kicked Pelfrey around pretty good on this board but he is making me look like an idiot (its not the first time).

I would like to thank Pelfrey for doing so.

He is just pitching lights out right now. Very very impressive stuff

As Ralph Kramden once said, "Did you have to put the whammy on it?" If he falls apart in the first inning of his next start, I'm blaming you.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

Pauly you beat me to it. I had high hopes coming into last season for Pelrey and close to nil coming into this one. Let's hope he has turned the corner. By the way if he keeps it up at the bat 128 OPS+ .333 avg .500 OBP maybe he could bat cleanup when he starts. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
        Pauly you beat me to it. I had high hopes coming into last season for Pelrey and close to nil coming into this one. Let's hope he has turned the corner. By the way if he keeps it up at the bat 128 OPS+ .333 avg .500 OBP maybe he could bat cleanup when he starts. :-)
        Maybe this is asking too much.......can we do the same thing for Maine? Or is he really a lost cause? It's great to see Pelf have a fantastic start, but I have kinda sorta given up on Maine.

Comment

I agree Mandrake. It is agony to watch Maine pitch - he seems lost and he seems to have lost something.

Comment

I am hoping, deluding myself, that with Maine it's just a slow process of recovery, sort of like with knee surgery in a running back reportedly you don't come back until the second season.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
              As Ralph Kramden once said, "Did you have to put the whammy on it?" If he falls apart in the first inning of his next start, I'm blaming you.
              Ok I'll take the blame, but he is just off the charts right now so I think I am safe.

By the way one thing I learned in 45 years........anytime you can quote Ralph Kramden or Ed Norton you must do it, and it should be a law.

Comment

Paulpay, if you jinxed him... !

But yeah, I thought he'd be good, but I thought ut'd be Maine finally returning to old form and pitching this well...

Santana's been superb (of course) Pelf here, Niese has pitched well for a youngster and a #3 man, he'll grow into it, Ollie's always hit-or-miss, but that's not bad for a #4 guy when the "hits" are the gems he had like the first game in the STL series...

Then Maine.

I'm really starting to think the guy needs to go to the bullpen, he pitched great 2 or 3 innings in sunday, watching him, he was fantastic, and then he just ran out of gas...

He'd make a great long relief guy... but if we move him to the bullpen, who'd we move to the rotation/get to replace him?
                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X