Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mets Settle w/K-Rod

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mets Settle w/K-Rod

    Read a news report that Mets settled their grievance with K-Rod. He forfeits the 3.1 million he was owed for last year, and he rejoins the team next year at full salary.

  • #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-sXlwV5xL8
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

    Comment


    • #3
      I wish they had pushed to convert his contract to non guaranteed, this team doesn't need a 15 million dollar head case of a closer (11.5 million for 2011 + 3.5 million buyout for 2012).

      I suppose doing so might have hurt their reputation and/or chances with future free agents, but to be honest I don't think anyone wants to play for the mets right now anyway. Plus they can always just use the "just don't punch out your stepfather in the clubhouse," line.
      "Nobody ever won a World Series drinking milk"
      -Doug Sisk, RP 1986 Mets

      Comment


      • #4
        Get rid of this jerk! I dont want this embarrassment on my team next year. Same for Castillo and Perez. Grow a pair and get rid of these cancers!
        Just call me a sports fan.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
          Get rid of this jerk! I dont want this embarrassment on my team next year. Same for Castillo and Perez. Grow a pair and get rid of these cancers!
          Getting rid of the team cancers would be a huge step in gaining respect. I still think that Ollie being on the team for all of 2010 after refusing to go down to the minors was THEE worst organizational move of 2010.

          I was hoping then could somehow dump KRod also. This team is not in need of a high dollar closer.

          Comment


          • #6
            Looks to me like K-Rod came out smelling like a rose. The Mets management talked tough, but in the end caved.
            Buck O'Neil: The Monarch of Baseball

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by KCGHOST View Post
              Looks to me like K-Rod came out smelling like a rose. The Mets management talked tough, but in the end caved.
              So what else is new?

              Comment


              • #8
                there was absolutely NO way the mets were winning this.......You dont beat the union in cases like this. The best the mets could do was exactly like they got, getting back the money for 2010. The mets coud have "talked tough" all they wanted, they knew they would never have gotten his contract turned into a non-guaranteed one or had his option year removed. The union is just too damm powerful.
                "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

                "Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by m8644 View Post
                  there was absolutely NO way the mets were winning this.......You dont beat the union in cases like this. The best the mets could do was exactly like they got, getting back the money for 2010. The mets coud have "talked tough" all they wanted, they knew they would never have gotten his contract turned into a non-guaranteed one or had his option year removed. The union is just too damm powerful.

                  Sad but true
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                  unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What if he goes too jail? Could they get the contract voided?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Possibly but he'll get a plea bargain and a slap on the wrist like any celebrity/athlete. They're rarely raked through the coals as Plaxico Burress was. It's funny how Bloomberg wanted to make an example out of him to show that athletes can't get away with crimes yet he won't cause a stir over K-Rod.
                      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

                      "If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

                      "At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                        Possibly but he'll get a plea bargain and a slap on the wrist like any celebrity/athlete. They're rarely raked through the coals as Plaxico Burress was. It's funny how Bloomberg wanted to make an example out of him to show that athletes can't get away with crimes yet he won't cause a stir over K-Rod.
                        Thats because Bloomberg is anti-gun. He hates Guns, Smoking, Salt, Transfats, and vehicle traffic. Soon NYC will resemble a set from "Demolition Man". But I digress. He made a strong example of Plax because of his anti-gun zeal, which has been well documented. Smacking around your baby mamas papa is apparently not as bad. Although the trial hasnt even started, so lets see what happens. If it even goes to trial...
                        unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                        unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                        unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                          Possibly but he'll get a plea bargain and a slap on the wrist like any celebrity/athlete. They're rarely raked through the coals as Plaxico Burress was. It's funny how Bloomberg wanted to make an example out of him to show that athletes can't get away with crimes yet he won't cause a stir over K-Rod.
                          Only in America

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by NJMetfan4life View Post
                            Only in America
                            I think there's a big difference between carrying a gun in your sweatpants into a nightclub and on the streets and having an argument with your in law get out of hand. Just sayin'

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                              I think there's a big difference between carrying a gun in your sweatpants into a nightclub and on the streets and having an argument with your in law get out of hand. Just sayin'
                              you are right,

                              K-Rod got into what amounts to a high profile shoving match. No weapons involved or serious injuries incurred. By NYC Saturday night standards its a non issue.

                              If K-Rod does time for misdemeanor assualt you might as well turn Manhatten into a jail like in Escape from New York.

                              However, he can get creamed in a civil suit


                              NB - If he was released who would replace him.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X