Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankees lose! Ttthhhhaaaaaa yankees lose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yankees lose! Ttthhhhaaaaaa yankees lose!

Second-best thing to the Mets winning--the Yankees losing!

Way to go Rangers, you guys dominated Game 6 (especially Colby Lewis, nice pitching!) and you're due, anyway...but best of all:

YANKEES LOSE! TTTTHHHHHAAAAAA YANKEES LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Fake Yankee Stadium Fail?

How about Fake Yankees Fail!

Now all we need is for the New Yor-- er, I mean, the San Francisco Giants to defeat the Phillies.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

I'm a New York guy. If the Mets aren't a factor I'd like to see the Yankees win. The Rangers? Blech. I'm sure MLB and the Networks are thrilled at the prospect of a Rangers-Giants World Series. They're not the two best teams and the region of the country that likes baseball most couldn''t care less about either team. I predict rock-bottom ratings if the Phillies don't beat the Giants, and lousy ratings either way.

Whoop-de-damn-do.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Am I a traitor for saying I hope the Phillies win the World Series?

Mets come first.
        Red Sox come second.
        NL East come third (minus the Braves)
        National League comes fourth.

That's how I "root."

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post

Mets come first.
          Red Sox come second.

That's how I "root."
          Is there something wrong with the Giants?
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Mets come first.
            Red Sox come second.

That's how I "root."
            Yes--yes you are.

@Mongoose:

San Francisco isn't a bad baseball town at all...I agree Giants-Yankees probably would've been better ratings-wise, but it's not like this is Marlins-Rangers.

Go Giants! (Or--*sigh*--Rangers if the Phillies win...oh, oh dear GOD, PLEASE let the Giants win...)

Mets first.
            Whoever's playing the Yankees (minus the Braves, Phillies, or Dodgers) second.
            Phillies, Braves, and Dodgers third.
            Red Sox (if they're in it) and whoever's playing the Dodgers, Braves, or Dodgers foruth.

After that...who knows...
            "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Mets come first.
              Red Sox come second.

That's how I "root."
              What possesses you to root for a division rival? They should be last to all other NL teams.
              "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                What possesses you to root for a division rival? They should be last to all other NL teams.
                Amen to that...though if it's, say, Ddogers-Nats, I might root for Washington, as they'll be twenty games out of first and, if anything, the Dodgers will be a bigger threat to out playoff hopes, ie, the Wild Card (that and the whole LA-NY thing, I hate the Dodgers for my own reasons, and the obvious dodgers-left-NY thing.)

The Phillies and Braves I hate-hate-hate, same, with the Dodgers and Yankees, and I wouldn't have it any other way (well, maybe all of them in last place and the Mets sweeping a Series...)

The Marlins...they helped to break our hearts two years in a row, but they also upset the Braves in 1997 and the Yankees in the 2003 WS, so dislike short of utter hatred, and judging by the games this year and the fact both teams are building, some potential for an interesting rivalry to build.

Actually...

Who agrees that the NL and AL East are the best divisions in baseball?

Braves-Phillies-Mets is a classic rivalry with decades of backing, today it's pretty good, even when the Mets aren't their best they often rise and give the Braves and Phils a good game, so it's still hot and prime-time today...the Marlins are starting to join in on that rivalry with the aforementioned upsets of the Braves and Mets.

Yankees-Red Sox is arguably the best rivalry in the game, perhaps in sports (it's Top 10, anyway), the Rays have now made this a three-way race, the Blue Jays are a darkhorse waiting to burst onto the scene, and the Orioles are pathetic now but had their years of glory way back when.

Comment

I never got into the childish Phillies rivalry. I guess I'm still stuck in the 1990s/early 2000s where we aren't supposed to like the Braves.

Comment

I figured I would read some ridiculous "Yankees Lose" celebration on here. Which is a further embarassment to Mets fans. Maybe I dont belong here at all because I root for the Yankees and I like the Phillies too. Not that I root for the Phils but I much rather see them in WS than the Giants.

I dont dislike other teams because they dont have the very large shortcomings that my team has. I admire teams that are talented and battle. The Phils and Yanks are great organizations and have put together great teams. Why would I hate that? Why anyone hates that I just have no clue. If they were playing my team then well yeah I want to see them go down in flames, but my team would have to be in the playoffs or the WS to being playing the Phils or Yanks this time of year...........and oh yeah my team sucks so they cant be doing that.

I am not surprised because this is a common theme amongst Met fans. I am glad I dont waste my time disliking other teams because they are better than mine.....that would be a lot of disliking.
                    Last edited by Paulypal; 10-23-2010, 08:03 AM.

Comment

So what? I care more about this team winning. I care about this team getting this GM pick RIGHT! I WANT TO WATCH THE METS IN THE PLAYOFFS AND WORLD SERIES FOR ONCE!
                      Just call me a sports fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                        I figured I would read some ridiculous "Yankees Lose" celebration on here. Which is a further embarassment to Mets fans. Maybe I dont belong here at all because I root for the Yankees and I like the Phillies too. Not that I root for the Phils but I much rather see them in WS than the Giants.

I dont dislike other teams because they dont have the very large shortcomings that my team has. I admire teams that are talented and battle. The Phils and Yanks are great organizations and have put together great teams. Why would I hate that? Why anyone hates that I just have no clue. If they were playing my team then well yeah I want to see them go down in flames, but my team would have to be in the playoffs or the WS to being playing the Phils or Yanks this time of year...........and oh yeah my team sucks so they cant be doing that.

I am not surprised because this is a common theme amongst Met fans. I am glad I dont waste my time disliking other teams because they are better than mine.....that would be a lot of disliking.
                        Absoultely. Why do people hate the Yankees? The Yankees dont even directly affect us in the standings. I love how teams like the Yankees and Phillies are run. Unlike our team, they get it right. I want THIS team to be in the World Series. I want to root for THIS team to win, not who faces the effing Yankees or Phillies.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                          I'm a New York guy. If the Mets aren't a factor I'd like to see the Yankees win. The Rangers? Blech. I'm sure MLB and the Networks are thrilled at the prospect of a Rangers-Giants World Series. They're not the two best teams and the region of the country that likes baseball most couldn''t care less about either team. I predict rock-bottom ratings if the Phillies don't beat the Giants, and lousy ratings either way.

Whoop-de-damn-do.
                          Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
                            So what? I care more about this team winning. I care about this team getting this GM pick RIGHT! I WANT TO WATCH THE METS IN THE PLAYOFFS AND WORLD SERIES FOR ONCE!
                            Exactly my point.

I cant imagine putting in order the teams I want to root for based upon how much I hate some teams because they are all better than the one I root for. As a BASEBALL fan I just want to watch great baseball get played by great players and great teams.

I am hoping for the Phils to pull it out against the Giants..although thats a long shot right now. For all of you "haters of everything" through six degrees of seperation of all things Mets......are you really going to root for a team that has Pat Burrell??????????? LOL. Uh oh you may have to recalculate your hate-o-meter because you may have not included the BURRELL FACTOR.

Silly rabbits tricks are for kids.

Comment

I dont hate the yankees.........I hate most of the yankee 'fans". Very big difference. And I personally love to see teams that haven't won in a long time (or in texas and san frans case at all) get a chance to win.
                              "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X