Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yankees lose! Ttthhhhaaaaaa yankees lose!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

other teams draft good players too

they end up signing with the yankees

the yankees can afford to keep the players they signed, other teams cant

it is not a difficult concept

Originally posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
    I discussed this issue on another forum and here is what I basically said:

"America is a capitalist society. The Yankees can do anything they want to build their team as long as it is in the rule books of baseball. The Yankees win because they drafted good players like Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Petite, and Cano, and surrounded them with the great free agents like A-Rod, CC, Tex and company to put them over the top. The Yankees win because they take the revenue they get and put it back into the franchise. The Pirates and teams like them are bad because their owners spend little to no money on the team, pocket revenue sharing money, and finally and most importantly, do a horrific job when it comes to drafting talent. The Pirates have not in the last several years had ONE great player that has come out their farm system. Not only are they cheap when it comes to building a team, they are also unintelligent when it comes to drafting talent. The Cardinals and the Twins are textbook examples of the point that you do not have to be a big market team to get the best players. The Cardinals and the Twins build great homegrown teams, and acquire the final pieces like a Matt Holiday to put them on top. The Cardinals and Twins are clearly better evaluators of talent than the Pirates. In the last fifteen years, the Cardinals drafted Pujols, Garcia, and other great and serviceable players. In the last fifteen last years, the Twins drafted Mauer, Morneau, Valencia and other great players. In the last fifteen years, the Pirates have drafted no one of substance like the guys I mentioned."
    1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
    2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise
    3. My table top gaming blog: http://cary333.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
      other teams draft good players too

they end up signing with the yankees

the yankees can afford to keep the players they signed, other teams cant

it is not a difficult concept
      Then why where the Twins able to sign Joe Mauer to one of the biggest contracts in baseball history? Because they realize what an important part of that team he is and decided to give him a $184 Million dollar raise, like any logical team would do with their investment. And by the way, to squash your point, not all the big players go to the Yankees. Barry Bonds went to the Giants. Roy Halladay went to the Phillies. Carlos Beltran went to the Houston Astros before signing with the Mets. Ken Griffey Jr. went to the Reds. The Braves were able to keep Chipper Jones all these years. Randy Johnson was on the Diamondbacks and won the WS with them before the Yankees in rare move of stupidity signed him when he was past his prime. Johnny Damon was traded to the Athletics before joining the Red Sox and then the Yankees. Manny Ramirez went to the Red Sox after leaving Cleveland. The point I am making is that not all the big hitters and pitchers go to the Yankees.
      Last edited by AJbaseball00024; 10-26-2010, 07:35 PM.
      Just call me a sports fan.

Comment

^

if you are arguing the yankees and all other teams are on a level PAYING oops I meant playing field then we have no need for further discussion

and I get tired of the we produced jeter and posada cliches

all teams produce players, the yankees keep theirs

other teams lose players

there are exception to the rule sure

but it is NOT a level playing field
        period
        Last edited by 9RoyHobbsRF; 10-26-2010, 06:15 PM.
        1. The more I learn, the more convinced I am that many players are over-rated due to inflated stats from offensive home parks (and eras)
        2. Strat-O-Matic Baseball Player, Collector and Hobbyist since 1969, visit my strat site: http://forums.delphiforums.com/GamersParadise

Comment

How would you fix this unfair advantage, Roy?

Comment

The other teams lose their players because they do not want to invest in their product. The Pirates did not invest in their product (Barry Bonds) and he went to the Giants. The Pirates and other teams get tons of Revenue Sharing Money to make themselves better and they pocket it. The Twins had no problem paying Mauer $184 Million. Also, to attack the claim of lack of baseball fairness, the Phillies won it all in 2008 with a $98.3 million payroll, 12th in all of baseball. The Cardinals in 2006 one it all with a payroll of $88.9 Million, 11th in Baseball. The White Sox won it all in 2005 with a payroll of $75.2 million, 13th in baseball. The Marlins in 2003 won it all with a payroll of $48.7 million, 25th in all of baseball. Right there are several examples of teams that won with small payrolls. You just need to draft good talent and pay your good talent. Simple as that.

Comment

the yankees fnished with the second best w-l record

they were last in wins per million dollars spent

tells you all you need to know

if they went 162-0 they would have finised 23rd of 30 teams in wins per million dollars spent

wise investing and putting money into the team my a** they over spend

period

Originally posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
              The other teams lose their players because they do not want to invest in their product. The Pirates did not invest in their product (Barry Bonds) and he went to the Giants. The Pirates and other teams get tons of Revenue Sharing Money to make themselves better and they pocket it. The Twins had no problem paying Mauer $184 Million. Also, to attack the claim of lack of baseball fairness, the Phillies won it all in 2008 with a $98.3 million payroll, 12th in all of baseball. The Cardinals in 2006 one it all with a payroll of $88.9 Million, 11th in Baseball. The White Sox won it all in 2005 with a payroll of $75.2 million, 13th in baseball. The Marlins in 2003 won it all with a payroll of $48.7 million, 25th in all of baseball. Right there are several examples of teams that won with small payrolls. You just need to draft good talent and pay your good talent. Simple as that.

Comment

That's their prerogative.

Comment

Roy: how would you fix this problem?

Comment

Everyone whines about the Yankees buying this and that, but other teams also spend a lot of money with not nearly the results. So dont say they win because of the money. How about the Cubs, the Mets,,etc etc.

1. New York Yankees $206,333,389
                    2. Boston Red Sox $162,747,333
                    3. Chicago Cubs $146,859,000
                    4. Philadelphia Phillies $141,927,381
                    5. New York Mets $132,701,445

These are the top 5 teams salary wise - 3 didnt make the playoffs. Why? Apparently its not all about the money. They spent enough to make the playoffs but didnt........why? This is where the organization comes into play. Scouting, player development etc. So while the whine bags whine about it...they have no clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                      Everyone whines about the Yankees buying this and that, but other teams also spend a lot of money with not nearly the results. So dont say they win because of the money. How about the Cubs, the Mets,,etc etc.

1. New York Yankees $206,333,389
                      2. Boston Red Sox $162,747,333
                      3. Chicago Cubs $146,859,000
                      4. Philadelphia Phillies $141,927,381
                      5. New York Mets $132,701,445

These are the top 5 teams salary wise - 3 didnt make the playoffs. Why? Apparently its not all about the money. They spent enough to make the playoffs but didnt........why? This is where the organization comes into play. Scouting, player development etc. So while the whine bags whine about it...they have no clue.
                      Which was the exact point I was making in my post about the Yankees doing everything in the rule book in baseball to win. I cannot think of ONE franchise player that has come out of the Pirates system since 1992. That team, like any team that loses, always sucks when it comes to scouting and player development. Meanwhile, for all the crap the Yankees have gotten for spending on free agents, one of baseball's best Second Basemen (Robinson Cano) is a product of the Yankee farm system.
                      Last edited by AJbaseball00024; 10-26-2010, 07:44 PM.

Comment

I agree as well. If it was all about the money; all the teams in the playoffs would have the largest payrolls.
                        Lots of money is nice to have for a major-league club, but HOW you spend can matter as much.

Comment

the yankees have made the playoffs like 15 times in 16 years

what small market team has accomplished that?

Comment

And why is that bad, Roy? Are all the other teams making the playoffs the last 16 years the biggest spenders?
                            If all this horrible spending is so bad, how would you fix it, Roy?

Comment

Originally posted by 9RoyHobbsRF View Post
                              the yankees have made the playoffs like 15 times in 16 years

what small market team has accomplished that?
                              The Mets have been amongst the highest paid teams also. They have made the playoffs 3 times in 16 years......your point is what?

Comment

Originally posted by Iowanic View Post
                                And why is that bad, Roy? Are all the other teams making the playoffs the last 16 years the biggest spenders?
                                If all this horrible spending is so bad, how would you fix it, Roy?
                                Although he hasnt answered your question the three times you asked it...I am going to assume like many other people that whine about salaries he will say baseball needs a cap.

I say baseball does not need a cap....baseball needs a "floor". Every team must spend XX million or go home. Many teams dont even make an effort although they make a profit.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X