No announcement yet.

The Sandy Alderson Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore feature works well. No quoting him please.

Comment

• Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
      Ignore feature works well. No quoting him please.
      Well quite seriously, Alderson seems to be a small market mentality guy. Are the Mets giving up on a full season? Should we be in the Cliff Lee sweepstakes, landing a true number one in a pitcher's park?
      Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
        Well quite seriously, Alderson seems to be a small market mentality guy. Are the Mets giving up on a full season? Should we be in the Cliff Lee sweepstakes, landing a true number one in a pitcher's park?
        Again, now listen this time. YES the Mets are done with 2011. They are not increasing payroll from the wasted 130 million per year. Do you understand? Comprende? Capish? No they should not throw 100 million at Cliff Lee.

I am concerned that your not kidding and you really are just lacking.

Comment

The Wilpons........the ones that own the team and pay the bills.......are saying that they do not and will not be spending money this offseason. Whether you agree or disagree with their decision, it is what it is.

So how exactly does the decision to not spend money make Alderson bad in your eyes?......please explain honestly.
          "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

Well, since Omar is still under contract it may be time to bring him back after the crippling, depressing, and frankly incompetent performance of Sandy Alderson thus far. From hiring Collins to dangling Reyes as trade bait to allowing the bullpen to walk away to being active in zero important trade or free agent talks, this overly-hyped front office is overstayed its welcome.
            Alderson's only moves have been hiring front office people and Collins. The only people who hated the Collins hire are the ones who were whining about Backman even though his comments after show he isn't ready to be a major league manager. The only reason fans even want him is out of '86 nostalgia that the organization is sometimes stupid enough to buy into as well.
            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

• Originally posted by m8644 View Post
              The Wilpons........the ones that own the team and pay the bills.......are saying that they do not and will not be spending money this offseason. Whether you agree or disagree with their decision, it is what it is.
              Sign point to the possibility of the Wilpons being sued over Bernie Madoff's Ponzi scheme.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/06/sp...html?src=twrhp

Comment

• Originally posted by NYMets523 View Post
                Alderson's only moves have been hiring front office people and Collins. The only people who hated the Collins hire are the ones who were whining about Backman even though his comments after show he isn't ready to be a major league manager. The only reason fans even want him is out of '86 nostalgia that the organization is sometimes stupid enough to buy into as well.
                I havent seen any post Collins comments from Backman. What were they? Your 100% right about fans wanting Backman because of 1986.

Comment

• Wally Backman says he can't believe Mets didn't choose him as next ...

Boy do I hope the link works if not you get the point.

Comment

• Hopefully the dimensions will change. Jayson Werth for 7 years and 136 million? Makes Carlos Beltran look a lot better. At least Beltran doesn't
                    strike out as much, and he hits .300. He can steal too, if his knee is healthy enough. One thing though.. please drop the switch-hitting act. You can't hit from both sides that effectively. Nor can Reyes. Reyes can really hit home runs lefty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                      I havent seen any post Collins comments from Backman. What were they? Your 100% right about fans wanting Backman because of 1986.
                      This is the article. I just think he came off as whiney and bitter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...s+%28Sports%29
                      "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

This is the article. I just think he came off as whiney and bitter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...s+%28Sports%29
                        The main thing I would dispute with what Backman said is that "managing is managing it doesnt matter if its the majors or the minors". Is he kidding? Other than that I didnt have much of a problem with what he said. He will manage one day, I just dont think now was the time for it to be with the Mets.

Comment

• Don't forget about him saying playing in New York is enough to manage in it. That certainly worked out well for Willie...

Comment

Don't forget about him saying playing in New York is enough to manage in it. That certainly worked out well for Willie...
                            True one has nothing to do with the other. On Willie..I think he got a real unfair shake here. Was he great? No, but I think he was made the scapegoat for the failure of the franchise. My biggest problem with Willie was that he didnt put his foot on Reyes' throat when Reyes pulled his dancing crap. I will not forget anytime soon Reyes & Milledge on the day before the last day of the season in 2007. Other than that I dont blame either collapse on Willie. The players stopped playing, the pitchers stopped pitching. We have all seen good teams collapse and just not play well. All the yelling in world from the manager doesnt change that.

Comment

• I definitely give Willie blame for the 2007 collapse. He let the team become complacent. Don't you remember him saying "This will only make the champagne taste sweeter" when they were in a horrible stretch? When a manager says that, something is very wrong. I don't want to get into an argument on 2007 though. It's over with and barely any personnel from that season are still here.

Comment

I definitely give Willie blame for the 2007 collapse. He let the team become complacent. Don't you remember him saying "This will only make the champagne taste sweeter" when they were in a horrible stretch? When a manager says that, something is very wrong. I don't want to get into an argument on 2007 though. It's over with and barely any personnel from that season are still here.
                                No argument and I understand what your saying. He wasnt the best manager for sure. I just choose to blame the players for losing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X