The Sandy Alderson Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by majorleads View Post
    Why do they have to be "white?" They could be black, or they could be someone like Pujols who went to high school and college here in the US.

Sorry but I don't want 25 foreigners playing for the Mets who can't even speak English.

It's a poor reflection on the Dominican Republic where the only chance their younger generation has in life is to play baseball. Then it becomes OUR problem when these players don't make it, stay here illegally and can't even read or write. Did you read that article???
    I think the point is, and the hope of the fans is to put resources out everywhere- In the US and everywhere else as well.

I believe your feelings of 25 guys that dont speak english is probably a lot more common than people are willing to admit. Although for such a small island the Dominican Republic has the most baseball talent in the world per capita. So obviously the DR is a great source of talent. Add in the fact that its coming cheaper and you have possibly an "overdrafting"???? from the DR. I dont know. Personally I just want them to win. If the players are green with yellow polka dots and can get to the playoffs I am good with that.

You have to admit the list of Dominican Players that are stars is staggering considering how small the island is. http://www.baseball-almanac.com/play...?loc=Dominican

On a side note - I play a lot of fast pitch softball on Long Island. There are a lot of Dominican teams/players. I must say they are tremendous players as a whole. I have become friendly with many of the players and they tell me "when we were in the DR playing ball is all we did". Its almost a religion on the island.
    Last edited by Paulypal; 01-04-2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      I think the point is, and the hope of the fans is to put resources out everywhere- In the US and everywhere else as well.

...Personally I just want them to win. If the players are green with yellow polka dots and can get to the playoffs I am good with that.
      They would clash horribly with the orange and blue unis.

Comment

• Anna Benson has the IQ of a grapefruit. However, she managed to get her husband traded for Jorge Julio (how long was he a Met?) and John Maine, who did quite a bit for two years. So technically speaking, Anna Benson's stupidity helped the Mets in the long run.

Comment

• well international signings dont affect the acquiration of american talent. You don't have to give up draft picks for international players. so what's the discussion about? I'm sure the mets use all their draft picks. It's not that they draft less because of the international signings.

A good team should do both. drafting and international signing.
          I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Originally posted by dominik View Post
            well international signings dont affect the acquiration of american talent. You don't have to give up draft picks for international players. so what's the discussion about? I'm sure the mets use all their draft picks. It's not that they draft less because of the international signings.

A good team should do both. drafting and international signing.
            Drafting is one thing signing is another thing. It is cheaper to sign players from the DR.

You said it best "a good team should do both". The Mets are not a good organization.......well at least they havent been. Hoepfully it turns around.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
              Anna Benson was (is?) an idiot.
              But she was so hot..............

Just call me a sports fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
                But she was so hot..............

Hot yes, but can you imagine living with that pain in the ass? That hotness would get old quick. The old saying is "show me a beautiful woman and I will show you a guy tired of ******* her".

Richard Gere divorced Cindy Crawford........................nuff said.
                Last edited by Paulypal; 01-06-2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• http://metsmerizedonline.com/2010/12...ant-to-do.html

Great article/blog which sums up my opinion of the anti-Alderson BS in this thread.
                  Just call me a sports fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by AJbaseball00024 View Post
                    http://metsmerizedonline.com/2010/12...ant-to-do.html

Great article/blog which sums up my opinion of the anti-Alderson BS in this thread.

best article i've ever seen written......post it for all the world to see, newspapers, other sites, train stations, etc
                    "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

• Originally posted by m8644 View Post
                      best article i've ever seen written......post it for all the world to see, newspapers, other sites, train stations, etc
                      It is a very good article, and shows you that fans and media can share the stupidity. Although some media types need something to write about so they make up ^%$% as they go along.

Comment

• Now that Alderson has basically been outed as the Commish's choice to put the Mets in full mid-market mode till the ownership crisis blows over (2-4 years) it's clear he's not going anywhere - very much like the team he oversees. I just wonder if the fan base will stand for it?

His job isn't to "win baby" - it's to keep the lights on and bottom-feed the talent to keep the Mets at or above .500 while driving the payroll down below $100 mil. Good-bye Jose Reyes, one of the great homegrown Mets players. Ignore the free agent market. Lots of minor league invites. Will this fly? I dunno....

But he certainly won't be fired based on team performance.
                        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Now that Alderson has basically been outed as the Commish's choice to put the Mets in full mid-market mode till the ownership crisis blows over (2-4 years) it's clear he's not going anywhere - very much like the team he oversees. I just wonder if the fan base will stand for it?

His job isn't to "win baby" - it's to keep the lights on and bottom-feed the talent to keep the Mets at or above .500 while driving the payroll down below $100 mil. Good-bye Jose Reyes, one of the great homegrown Mets players. Ignore the free agent market. Lots of minor league invites. Will this fly? I dunno....

If there is any truth to that ..then the commish made a great choice.

Alderson is the one that made the mistake, unknowingly but a mistake nontheless by taking a job offered by these disgusting excuses for humanity.

Comment

Now that Alderson has basically been outed as the Commish's choice to put the Mets in full mid-market mode till the ownership crisis blows over (2-4 years) it's clear he's not going anywhere - very much like the team he oversees. I just wonder if the fan base will stand for it?

Back in October when Alderson was hired it was KNOWN that Selig was the one who pushed hard for the mets to give Sandy the job......it's not "coming out now", it's been known for months. And I thank Selig for that....a man with Sandy's talents and the front office staff he brought in can only help this franchise.
                            "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

• If Strawman were a Yankee fan, he would be calling for Cashman's head right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by m8644 View Post
                                Back in October when Alderson was hired it was KNOWN that Selig was the one who pushed hard for the mets to give Sandy the job......it's not "coming out now", it's been known for months. And I thank Selig for that....a man with Sandy's talents and the front office staff he brought in can only help this franchise.
                                Yes but the depth of MLB's involvement and the Wilpons' deep financial and legal troubles (known to Selig) are coming to light - making it as clear as the number on David Wright's back that Alderson is a caretaker of sorts for the Metties.

Actually, I wish we had Cashman or a guy like him...though he does seem to be losing it a bit emotionally working for the Steinbrenner Boys.
                                Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X