The Sandy Alderson Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
    More or less, people come to this thread because it's like a bad car wreck. You don't want to look, but you have to. It's...an experience...for normal people to read the nonsensical ramblings of an individual so filled with irrational hatred for a single individual. People don't come here because what is being said is of any worth or substance, it is because it gives them something to laugh at. The whole, laughing at you, not with you sort of thing.
    Yes....what he said

Comment

Yeah, Scott Schoeneweis, Mike DeJean, Jorge Julio, Manny Aybar, Danny Graves, Jorge Sosa, Guillermo Mota, Aaron Sele, Luis Ayala, Sean Greenn JJ Putz, Raul Valdes, Fernando Nieve and Ryota Igarashi were all real winners for Minaya.
      Under Minayas watch Putz was not given a physical and they bought damaged goods. Still amazes me.

Comment

More or less, people come to this thread because it's like a bad car wreck. You don't want to look, but you have to. It's...an experience...for normal people to read the nonsensical ramblings of an individual so filled with irrational hatred for a single individual. People don't come here because what is being said is of any worth or substance, it is because it gives them something to laugh at. The whole, laughing at you, not with you sort of thing.
        This.

We're not actually annoyed, but it's amusing to see someone grasp at straws day by day.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
          Your going to talk to me about "rooting for laundry". Your going up the wrong tree. I have been this teams biggest critic on this board for the past 4 years. Check every thread.....dude.

Your going to thread responses as validation. This thread has been borderline stupid since day one and it's stupidity has kept it alive. Sort of like The National Enquirer. It's so stupid you have to read the train wreck.

You call everyone in the outer boroughs a bunch of gap tooth morons and then have the lack of brains to say your not trying to insult anyone. You really are the Strawman....from the Wizard of Oz....you know what he was missing.....right? I am not sure if I am insulted as I lived the first 27 years of my life in Brooklyn. Then I guess I became a gap tooth moron.

Other than that not your not fooling anyone with your happy about the teams record. Your man cave must be lonely with your Jose Reyes Fat Head, and your Sandy Alderson dart board.
          Obviously, I'm somehow fooling you Pauly - because I'm watching the team every night, yet cannot convince you that it's thus. Also, you may want to read a bit more carefully - my satiric comment on the rubes referred to those "far beyond the outer boroughs." Everyone from the city and the suburbs is excluded. But remember, it's merely satire.

Further, you may consider that Richard "Sandy" Alderson is actually the GM of the Mets - and his performance, his moves, his strategy for the team is the fairest of fair game on a board dedicated to the New York Mets. The previous stalwart in that position - who also had his ups and downs in the job - was subject to pages and pages of analysis and critique. It comes with the job. Second-guessing management is what New York baseball fans do.
          Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
            Under Minayas watch Putz was not given a physical and they bought damaged goods. Still amazes me.
            Nothing tops this guy;

New+York+Mets+Photo+Day+JyuSsWO0j7Tl.jpgKelvim Escobar, probably the worst signing ever in history.
            unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
            unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
            unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

• Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
              Nothing tops this guy;

Kelvim Escobar, probably the worst signing ever in history.
              No question - Minaya certainly had his share of clunkers. There's no debate about that.
              Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• This is my first post in this thread. I never felt the thread necessary. I feel the Wilpons are responsible for choking off funds to run the team properly; putting the best team possible on the field is not an objective. I also feel Alderson's their ally in this. He's mainly here to create a cloud of deception over the obvious goal: for the Wilpons to pocket as much Mets revenue as possible and not reinvest it in the team.

That said, everyone's being too hard on Strawman. He's only doing what most other Mets fans have been doing for years: blaming bad management on the GM. During the Wilpon era most fans seem to have blamed the GM du jour for everything. Why knock Strawman for doing something most of you have done yourselves for years?

Either the GM runs the team and deserves the blame or not. If Alderson is blameless, so was the parade of GMs that preceded him.

It takes 5 years to remake an organization. The Wilpons were opening a new stadium and wanted a winner. Omar signed some good free agents and the team won right away, but it wasn't a good team beyond those free agents. It took another 5 or so years to build the depth needed for a genuine good team. By that time the Wilpons had thrown Omar under the bus and quit spending.

Alderson hasn't had time to do much with the farm system. The jury's still out on him there. He's stripped a ton of talent from the big league team, so thus far his legacy is not a good one. At the end of the day, though, he's only implementing the policy his horrible bosses want. We'll know eventually if his moves worked, but right now he's added virtually nothing to the big league roster. His personal importance is being vastly overstated by both Strawman and Alderson's supporters.

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                As had been reported numerous times, there was no real chain of command at that time. Jeff Wilpon was stomping around with plenipotentiary power and the organization was in chaos. The almighty Jeff gave his O.K. and the deal moved forward. I'm not sure Omar can be blamed for any procedural lapses.

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
                Nothing tops this guy; Kelvim Escobar, probably the worst signing ever in history.
                I don't know.

Kelvim Escobar=Chris Young - 4 starts.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                  I don't know.

At least he found the mound!

Comment

• Hey Chris Young is supposed to be coming back soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                      This is my first post in this thread. I never felt the thread necessary. I feel the Wilpons are responsible for choking off funds to run the team properly; putting the best team possible on the field is not an objective. I also feel Alderson's their ally in this. He's mainly here to create a cloud of deception over the obvious goal: for the Wilpons to pocket as much Mets revenue as possible and not reinvest it in the team.

That said, everyone's being too hard on Strawman. He's only doing what most other Mets fans have been doing for years: blaming bad management on the GM. During the Wilpon era most fans seem to have blamed the GM du jour for everything. Why knock Strawman for doing something most of you have done yourselves for years?

Either the GM runs the team and deserves the blame or not. If Alderson is blameless, so was the parade of GMs that preceded him.

It takes 5 years to remake an organization. The Wilpons were opening a new stadium and wanted a winner. Omar signed some good free agents and the team won right away, but it wasn't a good team beyond those free agents. It took another 5 or so years to build the depth needed for a genuine good team. By that time the Wilpons had thrown Omar under the bus and quit spending.

Alderson hasn't had time to do much with the farm system. The jury's still out on him there. He's stripped a ton of talent from the big league team, so thus far his legacy is not a good one. At the end of the day, though, he's only implementing the policy his horrible bosses want. We'll know eventually if his moves worked, but right now he's added virtually nothing to the big league roster. His personal importance is being vastly overstated by both Strawman and Alderson's supporters.

As had been reported numerous times, there was no real chain of command at that time. Jeff Wilpon was stomping around with plenipotentiary power and the organization was in chaos. The almighty Jeff gave his O.K. and the deal moved forward. I'm not sure Omar can be blamed for any procedural lapses.

I don't know.

If you have been following you know I blame ownership. As much as Minaya was an embarrassment I still blamed Fred/Jeff. To make comparisons between Minaya/Alderson is ridiculous. Minaya was handed the keys to the kingdom with 140 million dollar payroll. Alderson was here to pick up the dead bodies.

As far as Strawman goes…if you read along you will see that everything has been blamed on Alderson. From Reyes not signing here to the Met bullpen and a million things in between. It should be obvious to you - if it’s not – that Strawman has an agenda in every one of his posts. The agenda is to somehow blame Alderson. This blame has carried over to other threads. It’s a constant, and it’s obvious.
                      Yes we have all blamed management for something during the course of time, but this is a rare case of the owners being involved on some level in the biggest scam in human history. This scam destroyed the team’s financial ability to compete. Besides that Fred & Jeff are despicable human beings. This supersedes blaming the GM in my opinion.

Under normal circumstances then yes you can point at the GM and say “he didn’t this or that”, but not in this case. He is hanging Alderson and talking Minaya up when they worked under two completely different sets of circumstances. The funny thing is I believe he knows this, but just likes doing what he does. Which is fine because I don’t think anyone takes what he says serious. This forum is a past time.

I think everyone and their mother knew that the Mets were in no way going to sign Reyes. It was obvious because of the financial constraints by the two criminals that own the team. Very obvious. If you read this thread it was somehow Alderson’s fault that Reyes wasn’t signed because he didn’t advise them to sign him. Never mind there was no money to be had, Alderson was suppose to find it and give tot Reyes regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                        Hey Chris Young is supposed to be coming back soon.
                        tonight as a matter of fact

Comment

• I'm not a Mets fan (though I don't dislike them either) but I am strongly rooting for the Mets to win the World Series this year, or at least make it to the postseason, just to see if Strawman will give any credit to Alderson. I'm not holding my breath.
                          My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                          2. Barry Bonds
                          3. Ty Cobb
                          4. Ted Williams
                          5. Willie Mays
                          6. Alex Rodriguez
                          7. Hank Aaron
                          8. Honus Wagner
                          9. Lou Gehrig
                          10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

• Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                            I'm not a Mets fan (though I don't dislike them either) but I am strongly rooting for the Mets to win the World Series this year, or at least make it to the postseason, just to see if Strawman will give any credit to Alderson. I'm not holding my breath.
                            What I am rooting for is this: Alderson goes to Fred and says..."we just might sneak in this year. It's between us and the Nats, and maybe we have a shot at the wild card too. We reduced payroll 50 million, the largest cut in mlb history over the past 2 years. Let's go looking for another # 4 starter and some bullpen help...say we spend $15 million to give something back to the fans"

That is what I want to see for 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                              What I am rooting for is this: Alderson goes to Fred and says..."we just might sneak in this year. It's between us and the Nats, and maybe we have a shot at the wild card too. We reduced payroll 50 million, the largest cut in mlb history over the past 2 years. Let's go looking for another # 4 starter and some bullpen help...say we spend $15 million to give something back to the fans"

That is what I want to see for 2012.
                              Heck, even the PITTSBURGH PIRATES were buyers at the trade deadline last year. If the Mets don't make at least one significant move to improve the team for the stretch run, that would be an embarrassment
                              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                              2. Barry Bonds
                              3. Ty Cobb
                              4. Ted Williams
                              5. Willie Mays
                              6. Alex Rodriguez
                              7. Hank Aaron
                              8. Honus Wagner
                              9. Lou Gehrig
                              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

• Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                                Heck, even the PITTSBURGH PIRATES were buyers at the trade deadline last year. If the Mets don't make at least one significant move to improve the team for the stretch run, that would be an embarrassment
                                Yep exactly - especially to change over the one significant piece of this team that Alderson personally constructed: the disastrous bullpen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X