The Sandy Alderson Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
    Nah 2 of 3 stinks for me, but thats a moot point because I threw a perfecto!
    Well, maybe they won't contend after all. A lot of the young "stars" seem to be coming back down to earth. When you're missing the slow-footed, worst-fielding RF in baseball who's hitting .247 with very occasional power, that's clearly a sign of the overall talent level.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
      Well, maybe they won't contend after all. A lot of the young "stars" seem to be coming back down to earth. When you're missing the slow-footed, worst-fielding RF in baseball who's hitting .247 with very occasional power, that's clearly a sign of the overall talent level.
      Like I have said and we all know..the season is 162 games long. There is no hiding. With very few exceptions the better teams rise to the top. You cant "smoke and mirror" it the whole way. You cant have a statistical anamoly carry you over a season. Its not a knock on anyone..like Duda as you singled out. Its just an observation on the over all talent level.

Comment

Like I have said and we all know..the season is 162 games long. There is no hiding. With very few exceptions the better teams rise to the top. You cant "smoke and mirror" it the whole way. You cant have a statistical anamoly carry you over a season. Its not a knock on anyone..like Duda as you singled out. Its just an observation on the over all talent level.
        Write what you like but losing to a pitcher who had not started in two years is not a good example of the better teams rising to the top. Someone 13-1 was not getting by with smoke and mirrors either when he was widely considered the best pitcher for the first half.

Comment

• Let's just say what a lot of us are thinking - Sandy Alderson kinda, sorta hopes the Mets go about 1-6 in the next week so he can continue to do what he was brought in to do.

I see no movement toward improving this team in an important way this season....
          Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Let's just say what a lot of us are thinking - Sandy Alderson kinda, sorta hopes the Mets go about 1-6 in the next week so he can continue to do what he was brought in to do.

I see no movement toward improving this team in an important way this season....
            He can do what he was brought in to do regardless so it's kind of ridiculous he's wants his team to drop out of contention which is tough to do with another wild card.

The team has a better record that means it's improved.

Comment

Let's just say what a lot of us are thinking - Sandy Alderson kinda, sorta hopes the Mets go about 1-6 in the next week so he can continue to do what he was brought in to do.

Tell me what team is aggressively hunting for players right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CokeMachineGlow View Post
                Tell me what team is aggressively hunting for players right now.
                Dodgers
                Red Sox
                Tigers
                White Sox
                Rangers
                Angels
                Pirates

To name a few teams linked to fair aggressive trade efforts over the last week or so...

Comment

And who exactly is thinking that Alderson hopes the Mets go 1-6. Please name some names

Comment

Dodgers
                    Red Sox
                    Tigers
                    White Sox
                    Rangers
                    Angels
                    Pirates

To name a few teams linked to fair aggressive trade efforts over the last week or so...
                    Six out of the thirty MLB teams? Wow, the other 24 must be terrible general managers who are unwilling to help their team.

Comment

• Originally posted by WEB View Post
                      Write what you like but losing to a pitcher who had not started in two years is not a good example of the better teams rising to the top. Someone 13-1 was not getting by with smoke and mirrors either when he was widely considered the best pitcher for the first half.
                      No its a good example of a team that got by with smoke and mirrors losing to a guy that hasnt pitched in 2 years. I never said anything about Dickey. I said the team as a whole.

Comment

Nobody is thinking Alderson is thinking that but you.

Comment

This is ridiculous. Maybe he doesn't want to pull a Steve Phillips?

Sometimes I wonder if you actually mean these things or if you just say them to rile people up.

Comment

You should feel triumphant as this thread has managed to remain at the top for over a year and half despite its content. I equate this thread to the "Jersey Shore", and the Kardashian of your choice. They are popular despite themselves. Good job.
                            Very funny...and very apt.

Comment

• I'm certainly glad Alderson is starting to mobilize his scouts on the major league level to consider the possible talent that's available in a methodical, leisurely fashion (as per his remarks today). The market "hasn't firmed up yet." And when it does, the Mets will be looking for bargains, according to beat reporters. Which is cool. Clearly, this bullpen can wait.

Comment

• Well, see, here's the funny thing, Strawman:

Exactly zero other people besides you are thinking that just now...

BUT...

Looks like the Mets are poised to go 1-6 anyway, so hey! EVERYBODY loses...that's the Mets' motto, right?
                                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X