X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mandrake
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    Great NLDS for the Maverick. The only thing that stopped him from being beaten single-handedly by the guy he non-tendered was the guy he wanted to trade for Jonathan Villar.
    I think we are on the same page as far as Murphy. And ironic that the one Mets player who has a habit of bonehead base running makes the base running play of the year.

Sign Murphy...let Cespedes leave.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    Great NLDS for the Maverick. The only thing that stopped him from being beaten single-handedly by the guy he non-tendered was the guy he wanted to trade for Jonathan Villar.
    24 year old Villar who stole a base and scored a run against the Yankees in their WC win? Interesting trade talk but to characterize it as wanted to trade Murphy instead of being responsible and listening to offers? If he wanted to trade Murphy he would be gone.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    My gosh.... Justin Turner is doing his best to DESECRATE Aldy's jugment. As the radio guys have said; he has just assaulted the Mets in this series.

Leave a comment:

• rjsallstars
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post
    I like R A Dickey and really want Toronto to win the AL pennant, but I have to admit that the trade for Syndergaard and d'Arnaud may be one of the best deals ever in Mets history.

It is at least up there with the Keith Hernandez deal, or the Jerry Grote heist, or the Ron Darling/Walt Terrell swindle.

I have posted more than a few things calling Sandy on the carpet, but it's either Sandy or Theo Epstein for MLB executive of the year. Gotta give the man his due.
    I would like nothing more than to see RA pitching at Citifield in a World Series game.

A quick story; Me and my son were watching BP in RF before a game while he was playing for the Mets. The stadium was empty in typical early Citifield fashion. He was behind the screen catching throws from the OFers and seemed to be staring at us. After about a minute he raised his hand and waved to us! I would like to think he waved because he appreciated the fact that a father and son were enjoying time at the ballpark together. I later read his book and that only helps to confirm my belief.

RA is one of baseballs good guys.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    I like R A Dickey and really want Toronto to win the AL pennant, but I have to admit that the trade for Syndergaard and d'Arnaud may be one of the best deals ever in Mets history.

It is at least up there with the Keith Hernandez deal, or the Jerry Grote heist, or the Ron Darling/Walt Terrell swindle.

I have posted more than a few things calling Sandy on the carpet, but it's either Sandy or Theo Epstein for MLB executive of the year. Gotta give the man his due.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Harvey is as good as gone. The Mets are not signing him, and Boras isnt having him sign here. Apparently the Dark Knight gets led around by his employee - Scott Boras.

Harvey will be trade bait at some point.

As far as someone saying b.s. well lets just say I am aghast at such profanity.

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    http://m.nydailynews.com/sports/base...icle-1.2350197

Aldy has every right to be pissed off at the way that imbecile walking pariah Scott Boras is handling this. But to go out in the press and throw curse words out is a little below what I would expect from an MLB GM.... Highly uncouth from a man of his age and stature to be handling himself in a public forum. Besides the fact, and most importantly, the idea here is to build bridges not burn them down as eventually we would want to keep Harvey, not lose him to resentment and $$ when he hits free agency.

A little more class in the face of adversity Aldy.....

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by trepye View Post
    All those insults, ha-ha-ha.... did I hit a nerve Pauly??? Aww...

Just because you may (or may not) have picked up a bat does not give you any more capacity to process and understand the game of baseball. Although the insults are a rather telling indication of the indignities you have suffered as I called you out on your abundance of mistaken presumptions and preconceptions of what you know about baseball, I do not appreciate made up statements; thusly, let me (once again) correct you Paulypal and make clear that I never said Aldy invented Hunting Strikes, he is a proponent of it and the financial compensation is highly objectionable to me because when you have true hitting talent (hence Cespedes) you reap the benefits without silly accounting tricks and think you are going to make Mayberry Jr a hitting superstar worthy of hitting cleanup.

But what are you so angry about, lol? The team is well ahead in first place, with one of the easiest schedules in Sept. I for one am glad that Jeff W. pushed on getting Cespedes and Aldy though better of it and went against his intuition before letting another year go by wasting this awesome pitching staff.

I am done with you for the time being, thus feel free to hurl some more names, sticks and stones or what have you, I will read them and just keep laughing at your primitive reactions. Just, if you can help it, don't make stuff up.....
    First of all if you think its possible for you to get me angry...please reconsider. I do not think because I have done anything (or havent) that I have more capacity to understand baseball than you do. That actually has nothing to do with it.

You obviously have a difficult time grasping quite a few concepts and because of that you beat to death the items you just cant understand assuming that they are wrong because the concepts are out of your grasp. Sorry. The term "Rome is burning and Nero is fiddling" rings true in this instance. Your inability to grasp the even the most mundane has put you in a position to constantly go back and criticize the same things, regardelss of how minute.

I was actually hoping you were just doing it to cause a debate....I still hope that is/was the case because the alternative just isnt very good.

At the end of the day, like you said we should be glad the Mets are winning and should win the division. Lets move on from here.
    Last edited by Paulypal; 09-01-2015, 11:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
    Excuse me Clueless Joe Jackson - the term "Hunting Strikes" was not invented or made up by Alderson.
    You keep harping on the same crap over and over again like an old lady chasing kids away from the front of her house.The term has been around for years by players and hitting coaches. Like I said its another term for get a good pitch to hit and crush it. This is on Page 1 on Ted Williams' The Science of hitting. The book was released in 1971. I guess Alderson gave Williams the idea about getting a good pitch to hit. BPO is another story, but you dont have sense enough to separate the two. It just all falls under the umbrella of something you can criticize. One of fifty things.

You dont have a clue what you talk about when you talk about baseball. Just no clue. Have you ever held a bat in your hand? Your posts are absurd. They all include knocking Alderson, knocking outfield walls, or just knocking anything you cant or wont understand. For example - The Fence Drill that the Mets were working on early this year. You had no clue nor did you have the ambition to actually read about the fence drill and what it does. So like so many of the clueless on the planet when you dont have the first clue about something your initial reaction is to criticize it and knock it to death.

Truly a disgrace is what you are. The Mets are playing great ball, and they winning games in every which way possible and you dont have the sense to enjoy it. Your goal is to try to make your criticisms correct, and again its just a clueless approach.

Your the child in the room that dont like the way his team has been winning because its been with power instead of the 1911 sliding dusty triples. They also have been winning at home so even your ridiculous signature is irrelevant as your opinions.

By the way that $10M waste as you put it...is on fire right now and as I type this put the team ahead. Maybe you should start posting on the Phillie forum...plenty to criticize there. You will fit right in. Ruben Amaro seems like he is right up your alley.
    All those insults, ha-ha-ha.... did I hit a nerve Pauly??? Aww...

Just because you may (or may not) have picked up a bat does not give you any more capacity to process and understand the game of baseball. Although the insults are a rather telling indication of the indignities you have suffered as I called you out on your abundance of mistaken presumptions and preconceptions of what you know about baseball, I do not appreciate made up statements; thusly, let me (once again) correct you Paulypal and make clear that I never said Aldy invented Hunting Strikes, he is a proponent of it and the financial compensation is highly objectionable to me because when you have true hitting talent (hence Cespedes) you reap the benefits without silly accounting tricks and think you are going to make Mayberry Jr a hitting superstar worthy of hitting cleanup.

But what are you so angry about, lol? The team is well ahead in first place, with one of the easiest schedules in Sept. I for one am glad that Jeff W. pushed on getting Cespedes and Aldy though better of it and went against his intuition before letting another year go by wasting this awesome pitching staff.

I am done with you for the time being, thus feel free to hurl some more names, sticks and stones or what have you, I will read them and just keep laughing at your primitive reactions. Just, if you can help it, don't make stuff up.....

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by trepye View Post
    Ok, now I know you don't know what you are talking about Paulypal....

The moniker "Hunting Strikes" is a little beyond the absurdly obvious explanation you give above. In Aldy's term it is compensating hitters $100-$200 bucks at a time to give them a monetary incentive to be more selective:http://www.baseball-fever.com/archiv.../t-118557.html . Thusly my point is that when you are truly talented you don't need these silly little gimmicks to be a good hitter, you just are, whether you get $200, $1000 or nothing. This is Aldy's idea of spending 10M/yr on an average hitter that somehow is imbued through a "hitting system" instead of just paying 15-20M/yr for true hitting talent that has the hand-eye coordination completely separated from their wallet.
    Excuse me Clueless Joe Jackson - the term "Hunting Strikes" was not invented or made up by Alderson. The term has been around for years by players and hitting coaches. Like I said its another term for get a good pitch to hit and crush it. This is on Page 1 on Ted Williams' The Science of hitting. The book was released in 1971. I guess Alderson gave Williams the idea about getting a good pitch to hit. BPO is another story, but you dont have sense enough to separate the two. It just all falls under the umbrella of something you can criticize. One of fifty things.

You keep harping on the same crap over and over again like an old lady chasing kids away from the front of her house.

You dont have a clue what you talk about when you talk about baseball. Just no clue. Have you ever held a bat in your hand? Your posts are absurd. They all include knocking Alderson, knocking outfield walls, or just knocking anything you cant or wont understand. For example - The Fence Drill that the Mets were working on early this year. You had no clue nor did you have the ambition to actually read about the fence drill and what it does. So like so many of the clueless on the planet when you dont have the first clue about something your initial reaction is to criticize it and knock it to death.

Truly a disgrace is what you are. The Mets are playing great ball, and they winning games in every which way possible and you dont have the sense to enjoy it. Your goal is to try to make your criticisms correct, and again its just a clueless approach.

Your the child in the room that dont like the way his team has been winning because its been with power instead of the 1911 sliding dusty triples. They also have been winning at home so even your ridiculous signature is irrelevant as your opinions.

By the way that $10M waste as you put it...is on fire right now and as I type this put the team ahead. Maybe you should start posting on the Phillie forum...plenty to criticize there. You will fit right in. Ruben Amaro seems like he is right up your alley.
    Last edited by Paulypal; 08-30-2015, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
    Yes when you talk baseball it goes waaaay over my head.

Top of the food chain hitters talk about "hunting strikes". Somehow that became the term for "getting a good pitch to hit". Sandy didnt invent it or make up the term, but thats what it evolved into.

What it actually means is - Dont let good pitches go by if its the pitch you want - Hunt the strikes you can hammer.

Someone that doesnt get it calles it a "gimmick". For others its just instilling a mind-set of doing damage when you get your pitch. Its a cue to the hitter .

This is something Hank Aaron spoke about, Willie Mays, Mickey Mantle...etc etc. Those guys were just so gimmicky.

Alderson didnt need to explain it to me. I actually follow baseball, and knew what it meant when I heard it.
    Ok, now I know you don't know what you are talking about Paulypal....

The moniker "Hunting Strikes" is a little beyond the absurdly obvious explanation you give above. In Aldy's term it is compensating hitters $100-$200 bucks at a time to give them a monetary incentive to be more selective:http://www.baseball-fever.com/archiv.../t-118557.html . Thusly my point is that when you are truly talented you don't need these silly little gimmicks to be a good hitter, you just are, whether you get $200, $1000 or nothing. This is Aldy's idea of spending 10M/yr on an average hitter that somehow is imbued through a "hitting system" instead of just paying 15-20M/yr for true hitting talent that has the hand-eye coordination completely separated from their wallet.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    Is there any chance that Sandy doesn't win MLB Executive of the Year this year?
    If somehow the Chicago Cubs win the World Series THEO EPSTEIN not only wins GM of the year, but GM of the century and they induct him into Cooperstown without a 5 year waiting period.

IF, and it is a huge IF, the Cubs win the world series, the same Theo Epstein ended the Boston Red Sox 86 year drought....as a warm up act for the really big one...ending the Cubs 107 year drought.

Epstein turned an 86 year drought into a three time (over 7 years) World Series winner. If he wins this year with the Cubs, he can run for president, Pontiff, or anything he so desires.

Leave a comment:

• PVNICK
    replied
    My vibe is practically giddy. Admittedly the last two series have had almost little league levels of PBs, WP, questionable baserunning moves and such by the opposition.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
    My Met fan friends are mostly waiting for the other shoe to drop. They still have 2007 and 2008 in the back of their minds.
    I think if 2007/2008 didnt happen Met fans would be talking about the playoffs already, but 2007 especially is the back of a lot of fans minds. Although besides David Wright it is a completely different roster it doesnt matter.

On the other hand the 2007/2008 teams didnt have the pitching this team does and that type of pitching usually eliminates pro longed stints of losing. Right now if I had to describe the vibe it would be "cautiously optimistic"..........for me anyway.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X