X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawman
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
    Strawman your obsession with Alderson is off the charts ridiculous.
    Nah, Alderson is a real and visible symptom of the overall disease. I loved this comment on the Daily News story:

Surely, Sandy, you jest. What the heck are you going to do to him? Trade him? Release him? You may be doing him a favor. Why don't you be a real GM and do something to improve this team enough so the Wilcraps can sell the team and get a real owner in NYC.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by Strawman View Post
    Alderson is totally humorless:

Dickey ain't listening to old Sandy.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...nt-kilimanjaro
    Strawman your obsession with Alderson is off the charts ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    I would let Dickey climb the mountain but only to throw the Wilpons off the top.

Leave a comment:

• CokeMachineGlow
    replied
    So you're badgering Alderson for what every other GM would do?

Leave a comment:

• Strawman
    replied
    Alderson is totally humorless:

The New York Mets have asked R.A. Dickey not to make his charity climb of Mount Kilimanjaro. However, Dickey still plans on going, according to the Wall Street Journal.

Though trips up Kilimanjaro almost never result in death or are even that dangerous, the Mets have sent Dickey a letter saying they can void his contract if anything bad happens.

"If we thought it was a good idea, we wouldn't have sent the letter," Mets general manager Sandy Alderson told the Journal. "Beyond that, have we tried to dissuade him from going? It seems to me that the letter is enough of an effort to dissuade him, and he intends to go on nonetheless."
    Dickey ain't listening to old Sandy.
    http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...nt-kilimanjaro

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post
    I was thinking about this earlier when I was at work...I knew I put the wrong date in my post !. Maybe it was a flashback to the Gooden HR at game 4 in 1988...I was there. Or maybe I wanted to forget the 2000 Timo incident.
    I would love to forget both, but the Timo incident made me insane. I am just glad I was posting on here back then because I am sure Timo would have been a fan favorite on here and some would have defended him.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Your right 4 but its 2000 not 88. Going to 3 WS is a pretty good feat I would say regardless of the outcome. Yes he is lying but dont let that detract from your perception of his ability if given an even playing field.......or you can...its your call.
    I was thinking about this earlier when I was at work...I knew I put the wrong date in my post !. Maybe it was a flashback to the Gooden HR at game 4 in 1988...I was there. Or maybe I wanted to forget the 2000 Timo incident.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Not to be picky, but the Mets have been to 4 WS...'69, '73, '86, '88.

The 3 WS that The hatchet man sent his team to ('88, '89, '90) were favored all 3 times and in '88 and '90 they lost 8 of 9 games. After 1990, what did Sandy do?

Sandy said that Reyes was a priority.....he was right, a priority for Miami.
    Sandy speaks with forked tongue.
    Your right 4 but its 2000 not 88. Going to 3 WS is a pretty good feat I would say regardless of the outcome. Yes he is lying but dont let that detract from your perception of his ability if given an even playing field.......or you can...its your call.

Leave a comment:

• CokeMachineGlow
    replied
    Seriously, this is lunacy - you almost have to wonder what's going through their heads. I don't necessarily think Niese is the second coming of Jerry Koosman, but a young lefty starter under control for four years with an upside and you're looking to deal him for a journeyman 4th outfielder who is newly eligible for arbitration!!?? That's pure malpractice....I simply don't get it.

http://www.metsblog.com/2011/12/16/m...for-seth-smith
    Other than the fact this deal was completely shut down by Alderson, I agree with the sentiments of this post.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    So Mr Wonderful only went to 3 WS and won one? Wow thats terrible. Horrible. Three WS visits in one GM tenure....The Mets have 3 WS visits in 50 years.
    Not to be picky, but the Mets have been to 4 WS...'69, '73, '86, '88.

The 3 WS that The hatchet man sent his team to ('88, '89, '90) were favored all 3 times and in '88 and '90 they lost 8 of 9 games. After 1990, what did Sandy do?

Sandy said that Reyes was a priority.....he was right, a priority for Miami.
    Sandy speaks with forked tongue.

Leave a comment:

• Strawman
    replied
    Seriously, this is lunacy - you almost have to wonder what's going through their heads. I don't necessarily think Niese is the second coming of Jerry Koosman, but a young lefty starter under control for four years with an upside and you're looking to deal him for a journeyman 4th outfielder who is newly eligible for arbitration!!?? That's pure malpractice....I simply don't get it.

“Mets lefty Jonathon Niese is believed to be available in a package built around OF Seth Smith,” writes Tracy Ringolsby of FOX Sports.

In 147 games for the Rockies in 2011, Smith, 29, hit .284 with a .347 on-base percentage, 15 home runs and 59 RBI in 476 at-bats. He hit .285 with nine home runs and 38 RBI at Coors Field, and .282 with six home runs and 21 RBI on the road. He is eligible for arbitration for the first time this winter, and Tim Dierkes of MLB Trade Rumors believes Smith could earn around $2.6 million through the process.
    http://www.metsblog.com/2011/12/16/m...for-seth-smith

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Your man Sandy was on Fox Business this afternoon. Said Wright would be a Met for a long time. When asked about the Mets in 2012....well

And the GM does not know when the $40 million loan was done? (as most people know, the A's only won one WS when Mr Wonderful ran the show. they were favored in 2 other series but got smoked)

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/13259...team-finances/
    So Mr Wonderful only went to 3 WS and won one? Wow thats terrible. Horrible. Three WS visits in one GM tenure....The Mets have 3 WS visits in 50 years.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Your daggers, they burn!

Hey I'm Strawman fellas, it comes with the territory. And may I gently point out, you're in this thread ergo the tree did fall in the forest.
    Your man Sandy was on Fox Business this afternoon. Said Wright would be a Met for a long time. When asked about the Mets in 2012....well

And the GM does not know when the $40 million loan was done? (as most people know, the A's only won one WS when Mr Wonderful ran the show. they were favored in 2 other series but got smoked)

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/13259...team-finances/

Leave a comment:

• Strawman
    replied
    Originally posted by ribant
    Closing the thread just means Straw goes all over the place and drags other threads off topic.
    Your daggers, they burn!

Hey I'm Strawman fellas, it comes with the territory. And may I gently point out, you're in this thread ergo the tree did fall in the forest.

Leave a comment:

• milladrive
    replied
    It's time, well past time. We need a change in leadership.

Source: Mets pick Terry Collins
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...ory?id=5835780

I just think is a horrible mistake by a franchise prone to poor decisions. Terry Collins has never had the respect of modern-day players, he's prickly with the press, and this will resonate as a crucial - and terrible - point in franchise history. They'll actually achieve less under Collins than Jerry.

Sandy Alderson just got caught lookin' - his very own Beltran moment.
    Originally posted by PVNICK
    This was how we opened this thread, my how far it has come since then. At the very least Collins has not turned out (so far) like page one thought he would, nor is anyone clamoring for Backman.
    Looks as if we've come full circle. Can this horse be beaten to death with another 11 pages?

I think I'd like to see how the community as a whole feels about it.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X