The Sandy Alderson Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
    Hey great phone call today then on WFAN. I call them ignorant and stupid because thats what they are. Its not a secret. You would be sick to your stomach if any ex Yankee got an interview, and obviously you wouldnt want them as manager. Ok goody. What if they would make your team better? How would you feel if that manager was going to make the Mets better? Still no? When then let me tell you ....you are a great fan. Really you are.

Maybe because I dont carry this infantile hatred for other teams because they are good around with me that I dont understand that thinking. To me its stupid and ignorant. I may hate them so to speak while the game is being played and want to knock them on their ass. I really worry about my team being good. If my team is good, a team that shows heart, and the desire to win then I dont care how good the Phillies are or the Braves..I actually want them to be good so if/when we win its just that much better.

The "I hate you because your good" and you kick my ass attitude is had by losers. Rivalries are great and having intense games with another is what its all about. I want to see a game in September that means the division against the Phils.

Yes i would be sick to my stomach if any ex-Yankee got the job. We don't need their charity and sloppy seconds, let us forge our own path and be different. Don't give a sh*t if they could possibly make us better.......do not want any Yankees.

And if I'm an infant for hating and not wanting any Yankee playing for or coaching the Mets, then so be it. A lot of people feel the same way as I do. I would have been annoyed beyond belief if that clown Torre even got phone call from Alderson. Can't stand that jerk. Hated him the first time he was here, and now that he managed the Yankees and Cardinals, my hatred for Torre is off the charts.

Never said I had a problem with the Phillies or Braves. I actually like and respect both franchises and hope they're great every season. Makes our rivalry with them much better. But I hate the Yankees and Cardinals. hate hate hate But I would take Pujols and Molina. Just no Yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by majorleads View Post
      Yes i would be sick to my stomach if any ex-Yankee got the job. We don't need their charity and sloppy seconds, let us forge our own path and be different. Don't give a sh*t if they could possibly make us better.......do not want any Yankees.

And if I'm an infant for hating and not wanting any Yankee playing for or coaching the Mets, then so be it. A lot of people feel the same way as I do. I would have been annoyed beyond belief if that clown Torre even got phone call from Alderson. Can't stand that jerk. Hated him the first time he was here, and now that he managed the Yankees and Cardinals, my hatred for Torre is off the charts.

Never said I had a problem with the Phillies or Braves. I actually like and respect both franchises and hope they're great every season. Makes our rivalry with them much better. But I hate the Yankees and Cardinals. hate hate hate But I would take Pujols and Molina. Just no Yankees.
      Technically the Yankees got sloppy seconds from the Mets with Torre, but yeah thats right...the Yankees actually gave Torre a team.

Believe me I am not big fan of Torre. I never thought he was a great manager and after he wrote the book he was useless in my opinion. With that said, maybe because I root for the Yankees but that animosity just isnt there.

I guess when you walk around feeling second rate in baseball terms that can happen.

Comment

Originally posted by majorleads View Post

Well now I better understand the Randolph treatment by much of the fan base. Oh and I notice that the Yankees didn't mind taking on ex-Mets, in particular late '80s Mets, to get their "dynasty" jump staerted (Torre, Cone, Gooden, Strawberry). Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
          Well now I better understand the Randolph treatment by much of the fan base. Oh and I notice that the Yankees didn't mind taking on ex-Mets, in particular late '80s Mets, to get their "dynasty" jump staerted (Torre, Cone, Gooden, Strawberry). Just sayin'.
          In general I will say that most Yankee fans dont hate the Mets as much as Met fans hate the Yankees. I am not saying there are no Yankee fans that hate the Mets, but this is a very one sided rivalry. For the most part the Mets are not on the Yankees radar. They are too worried about winning the WS. They dont need to worry about any other team but theirs.

I remember when the Mets signed Randolph. All you heard was "he is a Yankee". If you hear Met fans talk about Randolph now without knowing you would think they were 70-92 every year under Randolph. The Mets winning % is .544 under Willie - 2nd only to Davey Johnson. Now I dont give much credit to managers for winning %. Davey was given a great roster with awesome pitching. Willie also had an excellent roster, but Willie did win.

Comment

Originally posted by m8644 View Post
            I think Sandy should sign Jeter to a 5 year, 100 million dollar contract.....it guarantees' us 5 years of the best intangible % in the national league. Gotta be worth something.
            Yeah I agree - he'd be worth the dough and would change the vibe in Queens. As a fan who buys entertainment from the Mets, I don't really care about their fiscal sanity at all.
            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
              Yeah I agree - he'd be worth the dough and would change the vibe in Queens. As a fan who buys entertainment from the Mets, I don't really care about their fiscal sanity at all.
              Really? I'm serious. I cant tell if your joking or serious about Jeter. Being that you wanted to fire Alderson jokingly -- I cant tell. I think Mets fans would throw themselves in front of the 7 train by the thousands if Jeter ever moved across town.

Comment

In general I will say that most Yankee fans dont hate the Mets as much as Met fans hate the Yankees. I am not saying there are no Yankee fans that hate the Mets, but this is a very one sided rivalry. For the most part the Mets are not on the Yankees radar. They are too worried about winning the WS. They dont need to worry about any other team but theirs.
                Far too many of those Yankees fans are too busy pumping up their self-worth with the "27 rings" or 28 or whatever it is, as if that really makes up for the inadequate hand the gene pool dealt them. At any rate the Mets outdrew them pretty consistently until the late 90s or so .... so I think beneath many a Yankee fan is a repressed Met fan.

Comment

Really? I'm serious. I cant tell if your joking or serious about Jeter. Being that you wanted to fire Alderson jokingly -- I cant tell. I think Mets fans would throw themselves in front of the 7 train by the thousands if Jeter ever moved across town.
                  I disagree - I think they'd love it. It's fantasyland of course, but Francesa was pushing it yesterday all afternoon....
                  Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                    I disagree - I think they'd love it. It's fantasyland of course, but Francesa was pushing it yesterday all afternoon....
                    Well it cant happen and personally I dont want it. Obviously it would have nothing to do with Jeter being a Yankee. Reyes is the much better player right now, and where would Jeter go? Second base? Also Jeter would only lock up cash that another player couldnt get.

Comment

• Why would or should the Mets tie up that much cash in an aging player. It would be a complete mistake.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                        Well it cant happen and personally I dont want it. Obviously it would have nothing to do with Jeter being a Yankee. Reyes is the much better player right now, and where would Jeter go? Second base? Also Jeter would only lock up cash that another player couldnt get.
                        It would be pretty comical if they did and Reyes "A-Rodded" Jeter and made him play LF. Of course I have a better chance of winning the lottery and I don't buy tickets.

Comment

• the fact that Francesa was pushing for the idea should be a clue to everyone that it's a bad one, considering Francesa is a moron who knows very little about baseball.
                          "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

• Originally posted by m8644 View Post
                            the fact that Francesa was pushing for the idea should be a clue to everyone that it's a bad one, considering Francesa is a moron who knows very little about baseball.
                            Well, he's not a Mets fan let's put it that way - but he's also not stupid. His point was about the Mets needing to selling tickets, and Jeter might well help. Reyes - not that this will ever happen - could go back to 2B. (BTW, Reyes is my favorite Met - never want to see him leave).

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                              Well, he's not a Mets fan let's put it that way - but he's also not stupid. His point was about the Mets needing to selling tickets, and Jeter might well help. Reyes - not that this will ever happen - could go back to 2B. (BTW, Reyes is my favorite Met - never want to see him leave).
                              I agree on Francessa. Although this may not be saying much he is far and away more knowledgeable than any of the others on that station. Now I think he is arrogant and comes off as a know it all (Which he doesnt), but a lot of the stuff he says is made to create interest and phone calls. He is no way a Met or a Jet fan and will needle them at every opportunity he gets. On the other hand the Mets need to sell tickets so his point is well taken although Jeter is not the answer. There is no answer for 2011 on the field. The Mets made several excellent moves at the top and that will take some time to see on the field. I am sure we will read on the board in the very near future from the posters how this team has a shot if this happens, and if that happens but this team is not there yet. I think for now we need to be happy, really happy about our front office.

Comment

• Who would come out to Citi Field just because Jeter is on the Mets????

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X