Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by trepye View Post
    Godspeed Sandy...
    Let's hope the Drs are right. Best of luck Sandy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post
      Unexplained feinting could be a very serious issue, for anyone. I really hope he is OK. Somethings are bigger than sports.
      I usually don't quote myself, it can come across as rather boorish, but on November 10th I posted this. Unexplained feinting is never a good thing.

Debating things on a message board is fun (at times). What Sandy is facing now is real. All of us are on his side.

Comment

• The Sunday NY Times Metropolitan section page 2 always does a profile of a local notable, usually in the arts or entertainment field. Tomorrow's "Sunday Routine" notable is Sandy Alderson.

Makes me miss Manhattan living and still so close to Citi Field.

Comment

• I do not get why is it that Collins is on the hot seat and not Aldy. Many of the players that led to the playoff appearances were inherited and the ones he actually acquired he was forced to.... He is a crap baseball executive who's has been more lucky than good. I don't think playing out his luck is worth finding out how LOUSY Alderson's baseball acumen is.

Keeping Terry Collins, eviscerating Sandy Alderson will at worst be a net neutral.... at best we can get someone who has some class and has an idea or two about how to run a NL team.
          :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
          Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

• Alderson made ONE great move: getting Syndergaard from Toronto. Other than that , meh.

Comment

Alderson made ONE great move: getting Syndergaard from Toronto. Other than that , meh.
              Drafting Michael Fulmer, acquiring Jerry Blevins for Matt den Dekker, acquiring Yoenis Cespedes.
              The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

Drafting Michael Fulmer, acquiring Jerry Blevins for Matt den Dekker, acquiring Yoenis Cespedes.
                You can't have it both ways. Drafting Michael Fulmer. Acquiring Cespedes? How did he acquire Cespedes? By trading Fulmer. I would love to redo the Fulmer trade.
                I am sure Sandy is happy you gave him double credit, Jeff.

"Thor's Hammer".....really???

Comment

You can't have it both ways. Drafting Michael Fulmer. Acquiring Cespedes? How did he acquire Cespedes? By trading Fulmer. I would love to redo the Fulmer trade.

To be fair -- when he traded RA Dickey for Noah/TDA all the Minaya;s Minions gave credit to Minaya for getting RA Dickey to begin with...saying it was Minaya's trade.

So Fulmer isn't far fetched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

To be fair -- when he traded RA Dickey for Noah/TDA all the Minaya;s Minions gave credit to Minaya for getting RA Dickey to begin with...saying it was Minaya's trade.

So Fulmer isn't far fetched.
                    It's a stretch....

Aldy did not waste an asset in drafting Fulmer; Minaya made an asset out of nothing by getting Dickey off the scrap heap. Big, BIG difference between how Dickey and Fulmer were acquired by a Mets GM.

:lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
                    Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

I despise Jeffy as much as you. I've been critical of this team and ownership and front office, I don't know why you want to pick a fight with me.
                      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

I despise Jeffy as much as you. I've been critical of this team and ownership and front office, I don't know why you want to pick a fight with me.
                        I am not picking a fight, sorry that it came across as that. I should not have called you Jeff, I apologize for that .

I do think anything to do with Thor or Hammer, or Harvey and the Dark Knight......well that is another story

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X