X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawman
    started a topic The Sandy Alderson Thread

The Sandy Alderson Thread

It's time, well past time. We need a change in leadership.

Source: Mets pick Terry Collins
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/m...ory?id=5835780

I just think is a horrible mistake by a franchise prone to poor decisions. Terry Collins has never had the respect of modern-day players, he's prickly with the press, and this will resonate as a crucial - and terrible - point in franchise history. They'll actually achieve less under Collins than Jerry.

Sandy Alderson just got caught lookin' - his very own Beltran moment.

• mandrake
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

I despise Jeffy as much as you. I've been critical of this team and ownership and front office, I don't know why you want to pick a fight with me.
    I am not picking a fight, sorry that it came across as that. I should not have called you Jeff, I apologize for that .

I do think anything to do with Thor or Hammer, or Harvey and the Dark Knight......well that is another story

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post

You can't have it both ways. Drafting Michael Fulmer. Acquiring Cespedes? How did he acquire Cespedes? By trading Fulmer. I would love to redo the Fulmer trade.
    I am sure Sandy is happy you gave him double credit, Jeff.

"Thor's Hammer".....really???
    I despise Jeffy as much as you. I've been critical of this team and ownership and front office, I don't know why you want to pick a fight with me.

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    Originally posted by Paulypal View Post

To be fair -- when he traded RA Dickey for Noah/TDA all the Minaya;s Minions gave credit to Minaya for getting RA Dickey to begin with...saying it was Minaya's trade.

So Fulmer isn't far fetched.
    It's a stretch....

Aldy did not waste an asset in drafting Fulmer; Minaya made an asset out of nothing by getting Dickey off the scrap heap. Big, BIG difference between how Dickey and Fulmer were acquired by a Mets GM.

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied

You can't have it both ways. Drafting Michael Fulmer. Acquiring Cespedes? How did he acquire Cespedes? By trading Fulmer. I would love to redo the Fulmer trade.

To be fair -- when he traded RA Dickey for Noah/TDA all the Minaya;s Minions gave credit to Minaya for getting RA Dickey to begin with...saying it was Minaya's trade.

So Fulmer isn't far fetched.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

Drafting Michael Fulmer, acquiring Jerry Blevins for Matt den Dekker, acquiring Yoenis Cespedes.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Alderson made ONE great move: getting Syndergaard from Toronto. Other than that , meh.
    Drafting Michael Fulmer, acquiring Jerry Blevins for Matt den Dekker, acquiring Yoenis Cespedes.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Alderson made ONE great move: getting Syndergaard from Toronto. Other than that , meh.

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    I do not get why is it that Collins is on the hot seat and not Aldy. Many of the players that led to the playoff appearances were inherited and the ones he actually acquired he was forced to.... He is a crap baseball executive who's has been more lucky than good. I don't think playing out his luck is worth finding out how LOUSY Alderson's baseball acumen is.

Keeping Terry Collins, eviscerating Sandy Alderson will at worst be a net neutral.... at best we can get someone who has some class and has an idea or two about how to run a NL team.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    The Sunday NY Times Metropolitan section page 2 always does a profile of a local notable, usually in the arts or entertainment field. Tomorrow's "Sunday Routine" notable is Sandy Alderson.

Makes me miss Manhattan living and still so close to Citi Field.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Unexplained feinting could be a very serious issue, for anyone. I really hope he is OK. Somethings are bigger than sports.
    I usually don't quote myself, it can come across as rather boorish, but on November 10th I posted this. Unexplained feinting is never a good thing.

Debating things on a message board is fun (at times). What Sandy is facing now is real. All of us are on his side.

Leave a comment:

• rjsallstars
    replied
    Originally posted by trepye View Post
    Godspeed Sandy...
    Let's hope the Drs are right. Best of luck Sandy.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14...agnosed-cancer

Mets GM Sandy Alderson diagnosed with 'very treatable' cancer

Adam Rubin, ESPN Staff Writer

NEW YORK -- New York Mets general manager Sandy Alderson has been diagnosed with a 'very treatable' form of cancer and is due to begin chemotherapy this week, chief operating officer Jeff Wilpon said Friday.

The cancer was discovered when Alderson underwent a medical procedure three weeks ago.

"Surgery was performed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in New York and as a result of that procedure, the doctors confirmed that Sandy has cancer," Wilpon said. "The doctors believe and have told Sandy that the cancer is very treatable and are optimistic about a full recovery."...

The lack of specificity and minimization of the illness in Rubin's report reminds me of Ike's ankle, Wright's "hamstring", etc.

"Sandy will continue with his GM responsibilities throughout the treatments, although of course, there will be days he may not be in the office," Wilpon said. "In the meantime, Sandy's team and I will be coordinating closely with him and keeping him up to date on all baseball matters."

Uh oh.

Get well soon.
    Last edited by Mongoose; 12-04-2015, 02:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• trepye
    replied
    Godspeed Sandy...

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Well now we now. He'll have a rough winter with chemo.

Get well, please.
    My sentiments exactly. Baseball is B.S. when compared to these issues. I hope he gets well soon.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X