1987 Road Uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1987 Road Uniform

Anyone know why they used the "New York" script for just the 1987 season. Hernandez said he hated it but is that the reason why they ditched it in '88 for the boring block lettering? The players hated it?

Originally posted by mjd13076 View Post
    Anyone know why they used the "New York" script for just the 1987 season. Hernandez said he hated it but is that the reason why they ditched it in '88 for the boring block lettering? The players hated it?

I truly dont know, if Keith hated it that much, maybe that was enough to get rid of them

It IS kind of cool though that whenever I see a random highlight video of old baseball/mets films, whenever I see a met wearing this jersey, you automatically know which year that highlight was from.
    "all the mets road wins against the dodgers this year have occured at Dodger Stadium"---Ralph Kiner

"Blind people came to the park just to listen to him pitch"---Reggie Jackson, talking about Tom Seaver

Comment

Most hideous uni in team history.

Comment

Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
        Most hideous uni in team history.
        Here's a picture:

It could have been worse.
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

It's the worst of all worlds. Horrible script AND the racing stripe sides. All it really needs is black drop shadows too.

Comment

Granted, the script is horrendous, but I kinda miss the racing stripes. ...And what's altogether wrong with a drop shadow? *shrug*
            Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
              Granted, the script is horrendous, but I kinda miss the racing stripes. ...And what's altogether wrong with a drop shadow? *shrug*
              Most of us hate the black in the Mets uniforms. Black was introduced as a gimic, and is not one of our colors. But I agree, the racing stripes were funky, but cool.
              unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
              unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
              unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

This was the reply I was hoping for, sir. In response, I'd have to say a shadow isn't really a color in the uniform, per se. With any good shadow, I tend to notice the highlighted color more than the shadow itself, which is kinda what it's intended to do. As with most Met fans who care, I too wish they would do away once and for all with the black in Met unis, but hey, if it helps either the orange or the blue to stand out more, I'm okay with it.
                Put it in the books.

Comment

Racing stripes were awesome!!! I say bring em back. Mets uniforms used to be vibrant and full of life. Now? Dull, dark, muted, and kinda ugly IMO.
                  New York (N.L.)
                  1888, 1889, 1904, 1905, 1911, 1912, 1913, 1917, 1921, 1922, 1923, 1924, 1933, 1936, 1937, 1951, 1954, 1969, 1973, 1986, 2000

Brooklyn (N.L.)
                  1890, 1899, 1900, 1916, 1920, 1941, 1947, 1949, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956

New York (A.A.) 1884 Brooklyn (A.A.) 1889

Comment

Originally posted by StrawberryField View Post
                    Racing stripes were awesome!!! I say bring em back. Mets uniforms used to be vibrant and full of life. Now? Dull, dark, muted, and kinda ugly IMO.
                    I love the stripe. I usually rock my Hernandez 1986 when I go to a game, rather than a current jersey.
                    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                      It could have been worse.
                      Just as bad, I think...

"Chef Bill"
                      Boynton Beach, Florida

Comment

Originally posted by metfan13 View Post
                        It's the worst of all worlds. Horrible script AND the racing stripe sides. All it really needs is black drop shadows too.
                        The script was/is great and the racing stripes were/are awesome, plus it was a v-neck pullover, the best of all the worlds.

__3-5-1.jpg
                        The Ultimate Baseball Look

Modern Synthetic Baseball Fields

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X