Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2011/2012 Mets Off-Season Thread.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2011/2012 Mets Off-Season Thread.

Well, here we go.

At the very least I suspect this thread will be interesting.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

I was thinking...if the Mets can't re-sign Reyes, why not go after Rollins?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
      I was thinking...if the Mets can't re-sign Reyes, why not go after Rollins?
      Rollins is going to ask for a lot of money.

Comment

Not nearly as much as Reyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
          Not nearly as much as Reyes.
          Yeah, but an over-payed, aging (plus declining) shortstop would drop us down a few notches. Unless he takes less money and signs for one year, I doubt we sign him.

Comment

Have you seen Rollins' numbers?
            "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

He's better than what we have within the organization right now.

Comment

At least what we have is cheaper.
                "I'm happy for [Edwin Encarnacion] because this guy bleeds internally, big-time" -Dusty Baker

"If on-base percentage is so important, then why don't they put it on the scoreboard?" -Jeff Francoeur

"At the end of the day, the sun comes up and I still have a job" -Joba Chamberlain

Comment

Sometimes you have to spend money to create a winner.

Comment

You have to sign Reyes or be M. Donald Grant II, in my view - unless, say, Arte Moreno goes 10 years or something crazy. Let's hope Alderson gets it done.
                    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

I'm most concerned about the pitching. This team needs better pitching, particularly the bullpen. But it's not going to be easy finding the right guy.

Also, if I had my way, I would shut down Santana from pitching until sometime next year. Let him spend the next two or three months off to recover.
                      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                        You have to sign Reyes or be M. Donald Grant II, in my view - unless, say, Arte Moreno goes 10 years or something crazy. Let's hope Alderson gets it done.
                        Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                        I'm most concerned about the pitching. This team needs better pitching, particularly the bullpen. But it's not going to be easy finding the right guy.

Also, if I had my way, I would shut down Santana from pitching until sometime next year. Let him spend the next two or three months off to recover.
                        I agree with both of these posts.
                        Put it in the books.

Comment

This team needs to build for the long run, not make stop gap measure with players that really are mediocre despite what their reputation may be. That goes for all positions.

Comment

Right now, nearly half the team payroll is tied up in Santana and Bay. If there is any possibility of dumping either, I would do it ASAP. Santana at 24 mil and Bay at over 18 mil are way out of line at this point in their careers.

If Reyes signs here, it will keep fans happy. It at least keeps the team at the same level, but does not improve them.

He is not a first ballot HOFer like Tom Seaver, so if he leaves it is NOT the same as trading away Seaver.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                              Right now, nearly half the team payroll is tied up in Santana and Bay. If there is any possibility of dumping either, I would do it ASAP. Santana at 24 mil and Bay at over 18 mil are way out of line at this point in their careers.

If Reyes signs here, it will keep fans happy. It at least keeps the team at the same level, but does not improve them.

He is not a first ballot HOFer like Tom Seaver, so if he leaves it is NOT the same as trading away Seaver.
                              Nothing will be that bad, but Jose like him or not is our best player, and will have an impact on the on field product, as well as the fannies in the stands.
                              unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                              unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                              unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X