2012 Season Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Season Predictions

Before the game is officially over on Opening Day, I thought I would start a thread to gauge the expectations of the season. It will be interesting to see at the end, who is right or wrong.

My prediction is 74-88.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
    Before the game is officially over on Opening Day, I thought I would start a thread to gauge the expectations of the season. It will be interesting to see at the end, who is right or wrong.

My prediction is 74-88.
    72 wins 90 losses. Bill Madden in the Daily News predicted the Tigers will win 109 games??? I predict he's wrong.

Comment

60-102

I am pessimistic because the team lacks depth. I would be much more optimistic if they'd pick up someone like Johnny Damon to give the team a veteran presence on the bench who can still hit and field, but to date this has not been the case. Their bullpen is also very iffy and Jason Bay is a train wreck. BUT, I am actually looking forward to seeing what Ike Davis, Justin Turner, Lucas Duda, Dillon Gee, And John Neise do this year. I have a feeling that at least 3 of these 5 will be the core of the Mets when they begin to rebuild next year.

Some other predictions:

Johann Santana will not be a Met in August, Danny Murphy will be traded to an AL team, and David Wright will have a big year and possibly end up with a nice contract extension. Dickey will be an innings eater again and remain the workhorse he's been since coming to the Mets.
      Last edited by jjpm74; 04-05-2012, 10:41 AM.

Comment

72-90 seems about right - cleaning house by the All Star break. Alderson gone after this season. DePodesta becomes GM. Mets try and build around the young arms in the post-Wright era.
        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

I'm seeing a fight for fourth place. Don't know which team it'll be against, but that's what I envision. As for the W/L record, I agree with Strawman (give or take a couple).

What I don't agree with is this already-resigned acceptance of Wright leaving the team mid-season. Now that the Wilponzis have shown they'd rather pay a mere pittance than open their books, something tells me they have more money now to spend on the franchise. Niese is a good example. Alderson doesn't give Niese that money without "the family"s okay. But I digress. Sorry.
          Put it in the books.

Comment

65-97. Santana, and Wright are gone by August. Bay will be gone if he hits at all with the Mets eating a lot of money on that contract.

Alderson will be gone at seasons end as his purgatory sentence will be over. The next GM ( DePodesta will be named the GM) will have a brain and not a puppet, they dont last long either. I wouldnt be shocked if Omar is back in as GM because the job requires a brain...Omar has none, and thats right up Fred and Jeff's alley.

Comment

77-85

My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
              2. Barry Bonds
              3. Ty Cobb
              4. Ted Williams
              5. Willie Mays
              6. Alex Rodriguez
              7. Hank Aaron
              8. Honus Wagner
              9. Lou Gehrig
              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                65-97. Santana, and Wright are gone by August. Bay will be gone if he hits at all with the Mets eating a lot of money on that contract.

Alderson will be gone at seasons end as his purgatory sentence will be over. The next GM ( DePodesta will be named the GM) will have a brain and not a puppet, they dont last long either. I wouldnt be shocked if Omar is back in as GM because the job requires a brain...Omar has none, and thats right up Fred and Jeff's alley.
                I think Santana is a goner (unfortunately), but they keep Wright. I can see Alderson leaving as well.

Comment

I hate the Mets with a passion and I still think you guys are being too hard on yourselves!
                  Rest in Peace Jose Fernandez (1992-2016)

Comment

Originally posted by Francoeurstein View Post
                    I hate the Mets with a passion and I still think you guys are being too hard on yourselves!
                    Well, my friend, perhaps we'll be pleasantly surprised. I suppose anything's possible in early April.

:gt
                    Put it in the books.

Comment

I agree with the fight for fourth place comment. Although the marlins are expected to do well this season I think it'll be with them. Am mildly optimistic at this stage of the season. LGM

80-82

Comment

I'm predicting a 75-87 season. This team is far from a bad team as people make them out to be, but their lack of depth means that the team must stay relatively healthy to compete in the NL East this season. My wish is that Niewuenhues will Pipp Torres on road to a productive career as a NY Met. There is obviously a ton of expectation on Ruben Tejada and only time will tell if he is ready to answer the challenge.
                        Fan of The NY Mets!

Comment

My prediction is 74-88.
                          Damn I'm Good!!!!!!

Comment

Damn I'm Good!!!!!!

Congrats ! You win. They overperformed at 74-88. I had them 72-90.

No way did I think they could be 44-37 in the 1st half. But, no way did I see them going 30-51 in the second half.

Are they an 88 win team? Or are they closer to a 102 loss team?

Comment

Damn I'm Good!!!!!!
                              Great prediction! I was 72-90 also - only 2 games off on the downside.
                              Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X