Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RA Dickey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • God forbid the Mets trade Dickey, but if they send him to Toronto at least we can have the hope that he might throw a no-hitter against the Yankees. Might even be worth a trip to the fake phony fraud counterfeit artificial Yankee Stadium to see him do it in person.
    X
    What's THAT guy doing?
    - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
      God forbid the Mets trade Dickey, but if they send him to Toronto at least we can have the hope that he might throw a no-hitter against the Yankees. Might even be worth a trip to the fake phony fraud counterfeit artificial Yankee Stadium to see him do it in person.
      He probably will throw one in Yankee Stadium being that he pitched so well in a truly fake and fabricated waste of space in Queens.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
        Who will take up Dickey's 200+ innings?
        Whats the difference who takes them up? I am serious. Right now the Mets without Dickey are a 65 win team. So does it really matter?

        You keep talking about the Mets as if they are going to compete. They are not going to. They may have a revolving door of pitchers that eat up his 200 innings.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CokeMachineGlow View Post
          Dickey would be critical for our team if we had a playoff-worthy ball club. We're bottom-feeders at this point, and we had to trade him while his value was at it's highest. I don't see the problem.
          I agree except for the fact that they gave Wright all that money. In my opinion you sign both or trade both and bolster the youth movement. I think trading Wright would have brought back some very high level OF'ers.

          Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
          I just can't fathom trading a reigning Cy Young pitcher for just a couple of young prospects...even for the METS that seems an awful deal...!

          Unless D'Arnaud is the second coming of Mike Piazza (with an added ability to actually THROW, I mean, Piazza's my boyhood baseball hero and all, but I'll be the first to admit he didn't exactly have a cannon for an arm as far as catchers go) and they get some amazing, and I mean AMAZING, Bryce Harper/Stephen Strasburg-type prospects...

          Not the reigning Cy Young champ, I don't CARE if this is the best time ever to deal him, dealing the best pitcher in the league for just some prospects...??? No.
          I agree with you on one hand, but on the other.....The Mets stunk with Dickey and they have done nothing to make the team better this off season, so basically they are in the same boat.

          Originally posted by milladrive View Post
          I fully agree, rj.



          I too would like the Mets to acquire d'Arnaud. However, I'd still like to see the Mets extend Dickey's contract this offseason -- I think after four extremely respectable seasons he most certainly deserves the respect and unwavering confidence in his talent and intelligence -- and see if the Mets can acquire d'Arnaud in another way. I truly don't think Dickey must be part of a deal to get him.
          Everyone likes RA and wants him to be here, but he is expendable on this team. Having a Cy Young Award winner on this team is like putting lipstick on a pig.

          Comment


          • The latest trade rumor;

            The New York Post reported Saturday night that the two teams are discussing a seven-player deal that would send Dickey, catcher Josh Thole and a non-elite prospect to the Jays for d'Arnaud, catcher John Buck, right-hander Noah Syndergaard and another non-elite prospect.
            unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
            unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
            unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

            Comment


            • Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
              The latest trade rumor;

              The New York Post reported Saturday night that the two teams are discussing a seven-player deal that would send Dickey, catcher Josh Thole and a non-elite prospect to the Jays for d'Arnaud, catcher John Buck, right-hander Noah Syndergaard and another non-elite prospect.
              Sadly for the 2013-15 seasons, that deal appears to be done.
              Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                Sadly for the 2013-15 seasons, that deal appears to be done.
                2013, 2014 and 2015? Wow.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                  2013, 2014 and 2015? Wow.
                  You heard it here first, fellas. Dickey is the x-factor that would've kept this team a float for three years.

                  Comment


                  • I hate the Wilpons.
                    I hate the Wilpons.
                    I hate the Wilpons.
                    I hate the Wilpons.
                    I hate...
                    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

                    Comment


                    • Why is everyone so aghast at trading Dickey. Most of you have hear ad nauseum the Ralph Kiner story about contract negotiations with Branch Rickey. Also, keep in mind that the '86 Mets were built in part by trading popolar key veterans. Koosman became Orosco, and maybe some other players, Mazzilli - the Mets on legit quasi all-star was traded for Darling and Terrell, who himself was traded for Hojo. (OTOH we have Seaver and Kingman). Teams trading with the Mets gave up their aging stars for Ryan and Otis to use the most famous examples. I just don't see any cause for handwringing over a team that has been sub .500 and eliminated by Labor Day the last few seasons.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                        Why is everyone so aghast at trading Dickey. Most of you have hear ad nauseum the Ralph Kiner story about contract negotiations with Branch Rickey. Also, keep in mind that the '86 Mets were built in part by trading popolar key veterans. Koosman became Orosco, and maybe some other players, Mazzilli - the Mets on legit quasi all-star was traded for Darling and Terrell, who himself was traded for Hojo. (OTOH we have Seaver and Kingman). Teams trading with the Mets gave up their aging stars for Ryan and Otis to use the most famous examples. I just don't see any cause for handwringing over a team that has been sub .500 and eliminated by Labor Day the last few seasons.
                        It's not just the trading of Dickey per se - it's the pure lack of any strategy or plan involved, the strange Jekyll & Hyde nature of how this team operates:

                        - Why sign a veteran 3B to a massive deal and then trade your best starter for youngsters who may mature several years down the road?

                        - Why the slimy character assassination of Dickey on the way out the door?

                        - Why the talk of needing outfielders who are ready now and then trade for absolutely nothing that can help you in 2013?

                        - Why the weird push-pull of exiling Reyes, signing Wright, and exiling Dickey? Shouldn't you either sign all three or trade all three?

                        It's just more mismanagement from a team with a long history of it under this ownership.
                        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                          It's not just the trading of Dickey per se - it's the pure lack of any strategy or plan involved, the strange Jekyll & Hyde nature of how this team operates:

                          - Why sign a veteran 3B to a massive deal and then trade your best starter for youngsters who may mature several years down the road?

                          - Why the slimy character assassination of Dickey on the way out the door?

                          - Why the talk of needing outfielders who are ready now and then trade for absolutely nothing that can help you in 2013?

                          - Why the weird push-pull of exiling Reyes, signing Wright, and exiling Dickey? Shouldn't you either sign all three or trade all three?

                          It's just more mismanagement from a team with a long history of it under this ownership.
                          I agree. It seems so random..so "marketing" driven (keep Wright as the 'face' of the franchise for a ton of cash and then trade Dickey over what amounts to 6 million over 2 years, thereby diminishing chances for winning)....saying you need major league outfielders and getting none. It appears scatter brained in a baseball sense in that Wright will be 35 before the Mets have a chance to compete, if then. I liked RA, liked his story, liked than he was unorthodox, liked that he was well spoken and well read, liked that he could win and dominate in NYC on this crappy team, and if the Mets were going to suck for years, and they are no doubt, then I would have preferred him on the Mets.

                          I wish Dickey, Jose and the Blue Jays much success.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LostMet View Post
                            I agree. It seems so random..so "marketing" driven (keep Wright as the 'face' of the franchise for a ton of cash and then trade Dickey over what amounts to 6 million over 2 years, thereby diminishing chances for winning)....saying you need major league outfielders and getting none. It appears scatter brained in a baseball sense in that Wright will be 35 before the Mets have a chance to compete, if then. I liked RA, liked his story, liked than he was unorthodox, liked that he was well spoken and well read, liked that he could win and dominate in NYC on this crappy team, and if the Mets were going to suck for years, and they are no doubt, then I would have preferred him on the Mets.

                            I wish Dickey, Jose and the Blue Jays much success.
                            Excellent post. Sad... but excellent.
                            Put it in the books.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                              It's not just the trading of Dickey per se - it's the pure lack of any strategy or plan involved, the strange Jekyll & Hyde nature of how this team operates:

                              - Why sign a veteran 3B to a massive deal and then trade your best starter for youngsters who may mature several years down the road?

                              - Why the slimy character assassination of Dickey on the way out the door?

                              - Why the talk of needing outfielders who are ready now and then trade for absolutely nothing that can help you in 2013?

                              - Why the weird push-pull of exiling Reyes, signing Wright, and exiling Dickey? Shouldn't you either sign all three or trade all three?

                              It's just more mismanagement from a team with a long history of it under this ownership.
                              Spot on with every single point you make. You cannot believe how disgruntled I am with the direction this team has taken and its ownership.
                              Last edited by 7instretch; 12-17-2012, 09:21 AM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                                It's not just the trading of Dickey per se - it's the pure lack of any strategy or plan involved, the strange Jekyll & Hyde nature of how this team operates:

                                - Why sign a veteran 3B to a massive deal and then trade your best starter for youngsters who may mature several years down the road?

                                - Why the slimy character assassination of Dickey on the way out the door?

                                - Why the talk of needing outfielders who are ready now and then trade for absolutely nothing that can help you in 2013?

                                - Why the weird push-pull of exiling Reyes, signing Wright, and exiling Dickey? Shouldn't you either sign all three or trade all three?

                                It's just more mismanagement from a team with a long history of it under this ownership.
                                Was that just one article or more than one that tried to portray Dickey as an attention hound that was not popular in the clubhouse?

                                In retrospect Wright is the outlier. Otherwise they have been dumping for years: cut Castillo, trade: Beltran, K-Rod and Dickey, not even bother to negotiate with Reyes.

                                As far as OF, hopefully Nimmo and i think there is one other, pans out. However, it is a foolish strategy to have two OF in the system and need 100% of them to come through.

                                I still do not for the life of me get the woe is me attitude here. The team wasn't going anywhere. Maybe they could have signed Hamilton, Bourne and someone else but that wasn't happening. This team was going to at best be what the last few were, @500 in late July then out of it before school is back in session. Wouldn't it be better to take back three or four players, at least one of whom is highly thought of at a position of need.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X