RA Dickey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    24.2 ... Koosman's all-time Mets record of 31.2 was set in 1973. At the risk of putting the whammy on it, Dickey has a chance in his next start.
    I'm so happy for him. What a great story his career has become. I would love to see him become the first Mets pitcher since Viola in 90 win 20 games.
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

^
      As would I.

As long as he doesn't implode like Pelfrey did near the break last year--or two years ago, I forget which was the year Pelf got off to a great start and then just collapsed--he'll be on the All-Star team easy...

If he keeps it up, he may even have a chance to START!

Put it in the books--another great arm to find success with the Mets!

Come on, R.A., let's take it all the way! (I get to see the Mets/Yankees game tomorrow, since it's nationally broadcast on MLB Network, and then Sunday's game's national as well, so excited, 2 Mets games in 3 days for me...if by some miracle I get the Mets/Yanks game and NOT the Dodgers or Angels for FOX Saturday, I could have a full NYM weekend...and I just had one of those, Santana-Dickey-Niese, and we all know how THOSE games went...

LET'S GO METS!)
      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Man does Dickeys Knucklers dance! They're thrown at a high speed too! He's really in the zone this year isn't he?

Comment

With 32.2 consecutive scoreless innings, the Mets record is now all his own. Big congrats to him. :applaud:
          Put it in the books.

Comment

So happy for Dickey!

Comment

Freakin nickeas with the passed balls screws up the scoreless streak. Still great pitching by RA. 10 wins in early June.

Comment

Come on 20............!
                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

A great performance tonight. Dickey sets a record, throws a one-hitter (which could've easily been scored a no-hitter), and now leads the Majors in wins with 10.

Can't say enough good things about this guy!
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

The Mets to appeal official scoring of Wright's first inning flub. Their should have been two perfect games yesterday, this is the baseball gods exacting revenge for Johan's "no-hitter". I doubt they change the ruling on the play.
                    Fan of The NY Mets!

Comment

Great game by Dickey. Of course I had to suffer thru hearing on the radio "the true test will be this weekend (when he faces the Yankees)". Aaargh

Comment

RA Dickey Throws Mets 3rd No Hitter

Yeah I know what the record book says.....that Johan has the only Mets no hitter. Well technically thats true I guess but for anyone that has watched the Mets they know it isnt. There are 3 no no's. Here you go -

1) September 7th 1984 Dwight Gooden vs the Cubs. Ray Knight makes an error in the 5th inning - called a hit -- Doc never gives up another hit.
                        2) June 1st 2012 - Johan vs the Cards
                        3) June 13th 2012 - Dickey vs the Rays. Coincidentally the 3rd basemen actually costs another no hitter. Clearly an error by Wright. Never in a million years did he need to barehand the ball.

Funny thing is the only guy that gave up a hit was credited with a no hitter.

Maybe because I was only 20 at the time, maybe because it was Doc, but whatever the reason Dwight Gooden threw the first no hitter in my heart.

http://www.ultimatemets.com/gamedetail.php?gameno=3664

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck The Mets Fan! View Post
                          The Mets to appeal official scoring of Wright's first inning flub. Their should have been two perfect games yesterday, this is the baseball gods exacting revenge for Johan's "no-hitter". I doubt they change the ruling on the play.
                          Is that true? I too doubt they'll change the scoring, but it's nice to know they're at least appealing. From the minute the ball tripped off his hand, before even thinking of the next 25 outs, I thought that should've been called an error.

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                          Great game by Dickey. Of course I had to suffer thru hearing on the radio "the true test will be this weekend (when he faces the Yankees)". Aaargh
                          I'll bet most of the people saying that were the typical arrogant Yankee fans, who think their team is the Aberdeen Proving Grounds for all other teams to strive to beat. Well, I hope they're aware, Dickey doesn't give a Ray's ass what team he faces. I predict, although he may not hold them scoreless, he'll dominate them like he does virtually every other team.
                          Last edited by milladrive; 06-16-2012, 07:26 AM. Reason: typo
                          Put it in the books.

Comment

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T9oEzLVfEg0

Collins is appealing the ruling, apparently, to see if they can change it to an error, thus giving Dickey the no-no.

How do you feel about this, folks?

Me?

I'm of two minds:

On the one hand, no-hitters shouldn't be given retroactively, what's done is done...we got a bit of a gift with Johan, and Dickey got a bit robbed, that's how the game goes...

On the other, if they do change it, I won't be upset at all, really...if it'd been our FIRST no-no, and we got it that way, I'd say no, you don't want to get your first no-hitter that way, but since we have our first, (mostly) clean no-hitter, pitched at home and all, if Collins wants t take that shot, why not.

In any case, the Santana/Dickey/Niese threesome (Santana/Dickey obviously both pitching well, and I think Niese is really starting to hit his stride as well) has to keep going deep in games like this, with the bullpen the way it is, we CANNOT trust the pen whatsoever...and yet, that could very well bite us if we are, somehow, still in the hunt for WC #1 or 2 in August...

Comment

Milladrive and I and some friends of ours that we graduated high school with are having a celebratory dinner for Santana's no-hitter on Saturday July 28.I heard the Mets are appealing Dickey's one-hitter.
                              Hey milladrive,if the Mets win the appeal should we have two celebratory dinners?(lol).If so,I propose the second
                              celebratory dinner should be on Saturday August 18 when the Mets are on the road.(lol).Just a thought.
                              Last edited by milladrive; 06-14-2012, 11:22 AM.
                              "You don't give up any runs,we'll guarantee you
                              at least a tie." ~ Grote to Koosman

Comment

Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
                                http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T9oEzLVfEg0

Collins is appealing the ruling, apparently, to see if they can change it to an error, thus giving Dickey the no-no.

How do you feel about this, folks?

Me?

I'm of two minds:

On the one hand, no-hitters shouldn't be given retroactively, what's done is done...we got a bit of a gift with Johan, and Dickey got a bit robbed, that's how the game goes...

On the other, if they do change it, I won't be upset at all, really...if it'd been our FIRST no-no, and we got it that way, I'd say no, you don't want to get your first no-hitter that way, but since we have our first, (mostly) clean no-hitter, pitched at home and all, if Collins wants t take that shot, why not.

In any case, the Santana/Dickey/Niese threesome (Santana/Dickey obviously both pitching well, and I think Niese is really starting to hit his stride as well) has to keep going deep in games like this, with the bullpen the way it is, we CANNOT trust the pen whatsoever...and yet, that could very well bite us if we are, somehow, still in the hunt for WC #1 or 2 in August...
                                As much as would like to see RA get credited with a no no - if you get it that way its somehow tainted. You want it on the field, you dont want it via appeal. My opinion.

If they do that they open up a can of worms that probably isnt worth it. What about Galarraga in 2010 - pitched a perfect game and was robbed on a hideous call by the ump?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X