X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...About That Bullpen...

...we REALLY need a lot of help there.

I mean a LOT of help.

Byrdak's fine, Bobby's fine--in a rough patch right now, but overall, he's worth keeping--and Francisco seems to finally be warming up...

But the bridge between the 6th-9th innings is in shambles.

Rauch is a disgrace, and must be jettisoned, absolutely must be.

Everyone else...I really could care less, but we NEED help here...who do you think we can get, mid-level, say, a decent-but-not-overpriced middle relief/setup arm for the bullpen?

Because our starting pitching's there...we have enough offense...the defense is up and down, but decent enough for now to hang around...

But our bullpen is ging to sink us if we don't fix it at the break.
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
    But the bridge between the 6th-9th innings is in shambles.
    The bridge has fallen into the river.

If Rauch is hurt, I think he should be put on the DL and replaced by someone else. I would bring back Carson to replace Elvin Ramirez. He would add another lefty to the bullpen since Washington has four lefties. Carson is on the 40-man roster and would also prevent Tim Byrdak's arm from falling off by July. You could probably use Jeremy Hefner if needed.

How about Josh Edgin in Buffalo?
    http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=572831
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

This has been the same complaint for about...I dunno...a decade or so. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time the Mets had a bullpen that fans were satisfied with. Even when the team gets it all together, it's always the bullpen that falls apart.

Comment

Rauch is on the DL. Last night, well let's just say thank God the hours between 10-11 or so also allowed me to watch the Heat lose because if it was just the way the game ended I would be griping about never having that time back. Cowtipper makes a good point. How many teams are overjoyed with their bullpens (and yes I know this one had a league worst ERA as of the weekend).

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
          This has been the same complaint for about...I dunno...a decade or so. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time the Mets had a bullpen that fans were satisfied with. Even when the team gets it all together, it's always the bullpen that falls apart.
          99-00 they had a good pen. Turk Wendell, John Franco, Armando Benitez, Cook, etc.
          unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
          unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
          unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
            99-00 they had a good pen. Turk Wendell, John Franco, Armando Benitez, Cook, etc.
            Fans killed both Franco and Benitez. The pen may have been good but it doesnt matter - people still complain.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal;2021120[B
              ]Fans killed both Franco and Benitez[/B]. The pen may have been good but it doesnt matter - people still complain.

I never agreed with this. Franco is one of my favorite Mets ever, and Benitez was never as bad as people thought. I think most Mets fans would give a nut to have them back.
              unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
              unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
              unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

I'm not sure who may be available at this point but I would try and package Parnell and 'Spin for a sure-fire closer if possible. Neither has a future here though they both have some breakout potential and are controllable for a few years. Or just trade 'Spin for a lessor closer.
                Last edited by Ralf; 06-08-2012, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Matt Capps
                  12:$4.5M, 13:$6M option ($0.25M buyout)

Comment

Brandon League
                    12:$5M - free agent after this year

Comment

Huston Street
                      12:$7.5M, 13:$9M player option (club may decline and pay $0.5M buyout)

Comment

Joel Hanrahan
                        12:$4.1m, 13:arbitration eligble

Comment

Jonathan Broxton
                          12:$4m

Comment

Without a doubt, the Mets currently have the worst bullpen in the Major Leagues. It sickens me to my stomach day after day after day. The bullpen is what will keep them from the postseason.
                            Put it in the books.

Comment

Just to reiterate, on this fantastic occasion of being swept in the Subway Series and losing that last game completely due to a bullpen that blew it not once but TWICE...

We need help...
                              We need Ramirez back down in the minors where he belongs, for now...
                              And we need Rotten Jon Rauch off this team NOW.
                              "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X