No announcement yet.

Matt Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to my first Mets game since 2011 on Wednesday, specifically to see Harvey pitch. Of course he pitched his worst game of the year, but I still had a good time, even though we lost (we always lose, so whats the difference?) Saw Franco's HOF plaque, it looks nothing like him! Hopefully Harveys last start was a speedbump, really want to see him in the ASG!
    unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
    unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
    unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

• Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
      Went to my first Mets game since 2011 on Wednesday, specifically to see Harvey pitch. Of course he pitched his worst game of the year, but I still had a good time, even though we lost (we always lose, so whats the difference?) Saw Franco's HOF plaque, it looks nothing like him! Hopefully Harveys last start was a speedbump, really want to see him in the ASG!
      He will be in the ASG for sure. Every team has to have one rep....who the hell else is going to go from this slop?

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        He will be in the ASG for sure. Every team has to have one rep....who the hell else is going to go from this slop?
        Besides David "there's one born every minute" Wright?
        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
          Besides David "there's one born every minute" Wright?
          We will see where Wright ends up statistically by the ASG. He actually looks very disinterested to me, and he is trending seriously in the wrong direction.

Comment

We will see where Wright ends up statistically by the ASG. He actually looks very disinterested to me, and he is trending seriously in the wrong direction.
            It was inevitable for this garbage organization to drag him down. Im shocked he signed up for more of this. This starting 9 has to be amongst the worst 3 in baseball. Take Wright away and they are barely AAAA
            unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
            unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
            unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

• Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
              It was inevitable for this garbage organization to drag him down. Im shocked he signed up for more of this. This starting 9 has to be amongst the worst 3 in baseball. Take Wright away and they are barely AAAA
              I had this conversation with a softball teammate this morning. I don't feel sorry for Wright one bit. He brought this on himself. He deserves what he gets from the Wilscums and the rest of the organization.

David had all the cards in his hands and gave up his hand by signing so quick. Wright went for the financial security instead of forcing them to improve the team or lose him. I don't blame him for taking the money, but now he has to live with consequences.

Very good player and seems like a nice guy, but he put his name to paper way too early in my opinion.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...085009319.html

The sun just never seems to set on Matt Harvey this year! xD
                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
                  http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-bi...085009319.html

The sun just never seems to set on Matt Harvey this year! xD
                  She's doing well but I wouldn't call her a supermodel. That's a degree of success on a whole other level.

I don't begrudge Harvey the spoils of success off the diamond, but one of the things I like about paying attention to baseball is it's a way of avoiding the money/celebrity/power mating dance media forces us to look at everywhere else. I've always given Jeter and A-Rod a big demerit for injecting their celebrity hook-ups into my consciousness. I hope Harvey doesn't follow their lead.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                    She's doing well but I wouldn't call her a supermodel. That's a degree of success on a whole other level.

I don't begrudge Harvey the spoils of success off the diamond, but one of the things I like about paying attention to baseball is it's a way of avoiding the money/celebrity/power mating dance media forces us to look at everywhere else. I've always given Jeter and A-Rod a big demerit for injecting their celebrity hook-ups into my consciousness. I hope Harvey doesn't follow their lead.
                    Don't worry, I am sure she will dump him once he has his first slump this year.
                    1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                    The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

• Originally posted by Matthew C. View Post
                      Don't worry, I am sure she will dump him once he has his first slump this year.
                      Celebrities get more action than former celebrities. It's one of the few morally edifying lessons we get from TV, but the lesson is unintentional. We only catch it if we're paying attention.

The less I see of the venal money/power/celebrity mating dance the better. There's lots of down-to-earth girls all over this City that are smoking hot and can be dated without any involvement by publicists.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                        I've always given Jeter and A-Rod a big demerit for injecting their celebrity hook-ups into my consciousness. I hope Harvey doesn't follow their lead.
                        Why?

I mean, leaving A-Rod aside for a moment, as much as I'm anti-Yankee for life...if I could field a team with 9 Derek Jeters starting ever day, on and off the field, I'd be happy...

And other greats like Gretzky enjoyed star success...Nomar met a BIGGER star in Mia Hamm and they're happily married...

What's wrong (in and of itself) with celebrity couples? There's always the loom of a breakup, but that's present in any relationship...more so in higher-octane, higher-profile couples, but still...
                        "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• If nobody cares who is dating who why is it in this thread?

Honestly I don't care who they date. Its obvious why Harvey can get a model...just like its obvious why the model can get Harvey. Again ....who cares?

I don't care when A-Rod cheated on his wife....just I am sure he wife was cheating on him....so who cares? Many more average guys with average jobs cheat on their wife. Its really none of my business. The scummy media feed on people that think its their business of who is with who. Just like I don't care who Jeter dates.

All we really should care about as fans is the on field performance.

Honestly....I have always felt that its none of my business how much money they make either. That's between them and the guy that pays them. As a society we just know too much about everyone else, the media brings it to us and then we think its our right to know....its not.

Comment

If nobody cares who is dating who why is it in this thread?

Honestly I don't care who they date. Its obvious why Harvey can get a model...just like its obvious why the model can get Harvey. Again ....who cares?

I don't care when A-Rod cheated on his wife....just I am sure he wife was cheating on him....so who cares? Many more average guys with average jobs cheat on their wife. Its really none of my business. The scummy media feed on people that think its their business of who is with who. Just like I don't care who Jeter dates.

All we really should care about as fans is the on field performance.

Honestly....I have always felt that its none of my business how much money they make either. That's between them and the guy that pays them. As a society we just know too much about everyone else, the media brings it to us and then we think its our right to know....its not.
                            Exactly - honestly, I don't care (in the slightest) about athletes and their spouses and squeezes. It simply doesn't matter to why I follow sports. The big Tiger Woods 'scandal' - didn't care, at all. That's between him and his family. It's not part of the competition, the team, the game, the event, the course, the field.

You know, Mo Rivera is a big-time family man but Jeter plays the field - who cares? On the recent Mets, Reyes was a major family guy,but Wright ran through a string of models. Willis Reed and Clyde Frazier. Who cares? Etc etc etc. back in time to Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath types vs. your Tom Seaver types.

And this basically is the book end from another thing I don't are about much - athlete interviews. They never say anything these days, they're dull, and don't generally increase my insight into the game. The exceptions are generally very rare.

Now obviously, if a guy has an attitude/personality issue or quality within the confines of the game, yeah, that makes things more interesting.

But super models? In my personal experience, interviewing them is as dull as interviewing certain All Star basemen types - which is pretty dull!
                            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                              Exactly - honestly, I don't care (in the slightest) about athletes and their spouses and squeezes. It simply doesn't matter to why I follow sports. The big Tiger Woods 'scandal' - didn't care, at all. That's between him and his family. It's not part of the competition, the team, the game, the event, the course, the field.

You know, Mo Rivera is a big-time family man but Jeter plays the field - who cares? On the recent Mets, Reyes was a major family guy,but Wright ran through a string of models. Willis Reed and Clyde Frazier. Who cares? Etc etc etc. back in time to Mickey Mantle and Joe Namath types vs. your Tom Seaver types.

And this basically is the book end from another thing I don't are about much - athlete interviews. They never say anything these days, they're dull, and don't generally increase my insight into the game. The exceptions are generally very rare.

Now obviously, if a guy has an attitude/personality issue or quality within the confines of the game, yeah, that makes things more interesting.

But super models? In my personal experience, interviewing them is as dull as interviewing certain All Star basemen types - which is pretty dull!
                              Agreed 100%.

When is the last time an athlete said something interesting? Not because they are not capable of it, but its because they cant, and wont.

Derek Jeter has gotten away with saying nothing for almost 20 years. Its genius how he says nothing and the media stands there and drool as he does.

Whenever an athlete does say anything worthy he is "surly", or some other less than complimentary tag.

Comment

Agreed 100%.

When is the last time an athlete said something interesting? Not because they are not capable of it, but its because they cant, and wont.

Derek Jeter has gotten away with saying nothing for almost 20 years. Its genius how he says nothing and the media stands there and drool as he does.

Whenever an athlete does say anything worthy he is "surly", or some other less than complimentary tag.
                                I always thought R.A. Dickey gave some interesting interviews, as did Chipper Jones. Of course, Dickey was an English major and Chipper was known for being "outspoken."

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X