No announcement yet.

Matt Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Only" 6 innings today, but 6 K's and 2 hits allowed over shutout ball...

Did they pull him early because they're worried about his back still, or was he honestly that high up in terms of his pitch count after 6?
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
      "Only" 6 innings today, but 6 K's and 2 hits allowed over shutout ball...

Did they pull him early because they're worried about his back still, or was he honestly that high up in terms of his pitch count after 6?
      It rained rather heavily.
      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        Ok I admit it.....your a baseball genius.
        Please don't say that. Fili's a numbers' genious - to a level I can't comprehend. But numbers, now matter how maleable they may be in situations, simply don't tell the whole story. That's just my 2 cents - and I get a penny back for my thoughts - thank you Steven Wright.
        "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

• Harvey is simply amazing.
          unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
          unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
          unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

• Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
            Harvey is simply amazing.
            Yes. He's flat out awesome. This should be a really good time for Mets fans when talking about the future.

Comment

• No one involved with stats believes that we can quantify everything.
              You'll not find a single post by me saying that we can quantify everything.
              Here? Maybe?

Comment

• Harvey looks great. At least through his first 26 MLB starts.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
                  Here? Maybe?
                  Yeah, thought I remember something like this being said.
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                  unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                  unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Here? Maybe?
                    Nope. Not at all.

Here's the item in question for those who don't want to click through
                    Originally posted by filihok View Post
                    Ever think maybe there is no "true" "estimated" or "adjusted" statistical measure of the game of baseball?

Maybe?
                    No. Because there absolutely is.
                    A true measure certainly exists. We most certainly cannot quantify it.

Just as we can look at a thermometer and see that it says 95 degrees fahrenheit. The temperature isn't exactly 95. It's 95.1 or 95.01 or 95.00001.

We can get more and more precise measurements, but we'll never get a perfect measurement.

Comment

• Originally posted by filihok View Post
                      Just as we can look at a thermometer and see that it says 95 degrees fahrenheit. The temperature isn't exactly 95. It's 95.1 or 95.01 or 95.00001.
                      So, the temperature can be exactly 95.1, but it can't be exactly 95?

Comment

• Originally posted by ipitch View Post
                        So, the temperature can be exactly 95.1, but it can't be exactly 95?
                        Of course the temperature can be exactly 95. That's extremely unlikely though.

The point was that our measuring tools do not have infinite accuracy.

Comment

Harvey looks great. At least through his first 26 MLB starts.
                          Originally posted by theAmazingMet View Post
                          Yeah, thought I remember something like this being said.
                          Yes it was said. Sometimes you just have to let a disagreement go because there is no end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                            Yes it was said. Sometimes you just have to let a disagreement go because there is no end.
                            Indeed. And, no matter what the disagreement is about, it should not focus on the poster. Where have I heard that before?
                            Put it in the books.

Comment

• However, I would say That theRe are sOme instances, partiucLarLy on internet message boards, when the focus should be put on the poster.

Comment

However, I would say That theRe are sOme instances, partiucLarLy on internet message boards, when the focus should be put on the poster.
                                Maybe - but that isn't the case here.
                                1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                                The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X