Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt Harvey

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by dominik View Post
    trade ike davis? his value right now is about zero after last season. maybe you get a washed up reliever for him if you are lucky.

    just hope that he bounces back and then maybe trade him after a good start.
    I'll ask the silly question--

    If he comes back and plays well, do we still want to trade him?

    I could take or leave Satin at first, I thin Ike has far more upside if he can just hit for average consistently...and his power would be welcome.

    I'd much rather trade Duda, and while the market for him's probably more shallow, how big of an Ike Davis market can their be after two straight years of starting ice cold and then catching fire only to even out?
    "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
      I'd also say it strikes me as a tad hypocritical of the Mets front office to market Harvey (#HarveyDay and similar hype and promotions, anyone?) so vociferously and then double back on that and take a bit of umbridge when the guy you've been touting as the next great ace of the team *gasp!* grows a bit of an ego in response to that.
      Thank you!







      X

      Comment


      • Last night MLB network did their 30 teams in 30 days segment on the Metsies. Among the interviewed was Harvey. Asked what he expected for 2015? Having a big ring on his finger.

        As far as 2014- their experts think the Nats will run away with the division and any of the other four can all finish 2-5.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          Thank you!







          No doubt the team has over hyped him in an attempt to make a buck. But this is not about the Mets, the Wilpon's or anything else except Harvey giving himself the best opportunity to rehab properly so he can go back to being the dominant pitcher he has shown he can be. His best chance of doing that is in a controlled, boring, baseball is all I am worried about atmosphere, I.E., Port St. Lucie. We can all feel bad for him that he cannot be with the big team but when he rehabs successfully he will be in the big leagues for a real long time.

          Comment


          • I can not believe some of what I am reading.

            Some of you...not mentioning any names -- you can read the thread....want Harvey to have treatment that no other player gets. Why? Because the Mets made a t-shirt to make some money off of? So now Harvey gets to do what he wants -- whatever he want in some Met fans eyes because he can pitch.

            Let me throw this in...Harvey has the potential to be a great pitcher. I am not questioning that.

            That doesn't give him the right to dictate where he rehabs. He is still an employee. Like many other young people today....his sense of entitlement is off the charts. He happens to be one that throws 98mph.

            Are we as Met fans so hard up for a star player that we just allow him to tell his bosses where he is working? I am not personally.

            And if my first post on this wasn't clear let me spell this out the way I see it:

            Matt Harvey is full of $%it with his request to be near his teammates. It is absolute garbage he is spewing. He wants to be close to d'Arnaud. Don't you find that laughable? He wants to be in NY because he wants his social life.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
              I can not believe some of what I am reading.

              Some of you...not mentioning any names -- you can read the thread....want Harvey to have treatment that no other player gets. Why? Because the Mets made a t-shirt to make some money off of? So now Harvey gets to do what he wants -- whatever he want in some Met fans eyes because he can pitch.

              Let me throw this in...Harvey has the potential to be a great pitcher. I am not questioning that.

              That doesn't give him the right to dictate where he rehabs. He is still an employee. Like many other young people today....his sense of entitlement is off the charts. He happens to be one that throws 98mph.

              Are we as Met fans so hard up for a star player that we just allow him to tell his bosses where he is working? I am not personally.

              And if my first post on this wasn't clear let me spell this out the way I see it:

              Matt Harvey is full of $%it with his request to be near his teammates. It is absolute garbage he is spewing. He wants to be close to d'Arnaud. Don't you find that laughable? He wants to be in NY because he wants his social life.
              We have a winner ! I agree with this. I believe he thinks he will miss page six if he is not in NYC.

              Earlier I compared the NY Rangers and the NY Islanders in the early 1980's. The Isles won cup after cup, but most of them could walk around 100% unnoticed. The Rangers had Beck, and Gresch, and Dugay and Murdoch...all in Studio 54 with Rick Cerrone, John McEnroe, etc.

              For me, I prefer someone who avoids the NYC glare and rehabs where the team tells him to ....(didn't Jeter rehab in Tampa ?)

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyAqMfJHMEo or this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UilzHNm95Qg

              Comment


              • Elite athletes like Harvey have a built-in sense of entitlement, because their every whim has been catered to since they were children. He's used to getting his way, so it's not surprising that he would balk at being told what to do.

                That said, I don't care where he rehabs, as long as he rehabs. I'm not crazy about his plan to pitch later this season.
                Remember, he didn't even want to have the surgery at first. If the Mets want to make a stand, I think that's where they should put their collective foot down. It's not like they'll need him for the stretch drive in September.
                They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                  Elite athletes like Harvey have a built-in sense of entitlement, because their every whim has been catered to since they were children. He's used to getting his way, so it's not surprising that he would balk at being told what to do.

                  That said, I don't care where he rehabs, as long as he rehabs. I'm not crazy about his plan to pitch later this season.
                  Remember, he didn't even want to have the surgery at first. If the Mets want to make a stand, I think that's where they should put their collective foot down. It's not like they'll need him for the stretch drive in September.
                  Honestly I don't care where he rehabs...as long as its where the team tells him where to rehab.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                    Honestly I don't care where he rehabs...as long as its where the team tells him where to rehab.
                    Who cares where the team wants him to rehab? His contract provides for his choice - why this obsession with young players knuckling under to management, especially when it's so obviously incompetent in the first place?
                    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

                    Comment


                    • Were they obviously incompetent when they signed Harvey ?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                        Were they obviously incompetent when they signed Harvey ?
                        No, but that was Omar!

                        Seriously though, I don't get the movement here - even among organization and front office critics - to deny a player his legal rights, negotiated by the players association. Why the desire to see a young guy knuckle under to the same bosses who don't put a competent team on the field, and seem to screw up every injury situation, ever?
                        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

                        Comment


                        • I don't think he'll be denied anything because as you say, the players association would step in. If he wants to rehab in NY he will rehab in NY.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                            No, but that was Omar!

                            Seriously though, I don't get the movement here - even among organization and front office critics - to deny a player his legal rights, negotiated by the players association. Why the desire to see a young guy knuckle under to the same bosses who don't put a competent team on the field, and seem to screw up every injury situation, ever?
                            So lets have anarchy. Let the Met players do whatever they want because they organization sucks.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                              Honestly I don't care where he rehabs...as long as its where the team tells him where to rehab.
                              Why do you think they sent Niese all the way to New York to get his MRIs - first from PSL, then from Las Vegas?

                              Was it necessary for Niese to be inconvenienced by logging all those air miles to get the best MRI or just because the Wilpons get their MRIs free from the Hospital for Special Surgery?


                              "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                                Why do you think they sent Niese all the way to New York to get his MRIs - first from PSL, then from Las Vegas?

                                Was it necessary for Niese to be inconvenienced by logging all those air miles to get the best MRI or just because the Wilpons get their MRIs free from the Hospital for Special Surgery?
                                Free MRI's in NY makes sense if Niese also gets free airfare and free car service to and from the airport.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X