Matt Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Harvey pitched well for 4 innings against the Dodgers. It would be great is this trade was a win win for both teams.
    Agreed. I hope he does well.

He needs a little adjustment in his priorities, but I really hope he finds himself on the mound and off.

Both sides are better off parted.

Comment

• For historic purposes, I made a collection of screen captures of Matt Harvey's last game as a Met and posted it on Flickr (link). Images are from both the SNY and Fox Sports Southeast broadcasts.

Here's one image as a teaser: manager Mickey Callaway gives Harvey a pat on the back as Harvey leaves the mound, having just been taken out of the game...

X

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
        For historic purposes, I made a collection of screen captures of Matt Harvey's last game as a Met and posted it on Flickr (link). Images are from both the SNY and Fox Sports Southeast broadcasts.

Here's one image as a teaser: manager Mickey Callaway gives Harvey a pat on the back as Harvey leaves the mound, having just been taken out of the game...

I'm liking the hot dog roller that has replaced Harvey's locker way better than Harvey.

Comment

• How Keith Hernandez quietly tried to help Matt Harvey
          https://nypost.com/2018/05/16/how-ke...p-matt-harvey/

In an appearance on WFAN’s “Boomer and Gio” Wednesday morning, Mets broadcaster Keith Hernandez recalled a conversation with Scott Boras — Harvey’s agent — in which Hernandez expressed concern for Harvey’s behavior and Boras said there was nothing he could do to stop it.

“I called Scott, I said, ‘Scott, you gotta pull the reins on this guy, because he’s gonna make it tough on himself,’ ” said Hernandez, who had Boras as an agent at the end of his career.

“He goes, ‘Keith, I can’t, he’s gonna do — he’s his own guy — he’s gonna do what he’s gonna do.'”

“He made a lot of enemies,” Hernandez said. “He was confrontational with Sandy — with Sandy Alderson. They had a tough relationship. Matt was arrogant and, you know what, you meet the same people on the way up, you meet ’em on the way down, too.”
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Harvey box score from yesterday- 6 IP, 1 ER, 5K's, 93 pitches. He'll do well in free agency next year if he can keep this up. Maybe build on this and start pitching into the 7th.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
              Harvey box score from yesterday- 6 IP, 1 ER, 5K's, 93 pitches. He'll do well in free agency next year if he can keep this up. Maybe build on this and start pitching into the 7th.
              I'd felt he still had something left to work with. The Reds probably corrected something easily correctable, since he seems to have bumped up his velocity a bit since being traded.

It seemed like the team (Fred and Jeff) had a personal animosity towards him, as they seem to with every player that likes to party. Not saying Harvey's blameless, but everything could have been handled much better, and not just personally. Much of his crummy performance last season was due to pitching with a broken shoulder and withered muscle structure at the rear of his shoulder. Such things don't help rehabs go smoothly.

I think there's still something there, so he'll be interesting to watch moving forward. Either way, he was gone at the end of the season.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

I'd felt he still had something left to work with. The Reds probably corrected something easily correctable, since he seems to have bumped up his velocity a bit since being traded.

It seemed like the team (Fred and Jeff) had a personal animosity towards him, as they seem to with every player that likes to party. Not saying Harvey's blameless, but everything could have been handled much better, and not just personally. Much of his crummy performance last season was due to pitching with a broken shoulder and withered muscle structure at the rear of his shoulder. Such things don't help rehabs go smoothly.

I think there's still something there, so he'll be interesting to watch moving forward. Either way, he was gone at the end of the season.
                Say what you want and I don't fully disagree, but it was time for the change with Harvey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                  Say what you want and I don't fully disagree, but it was time for the change with Harvey.
                  True, but "The Dark Knight Of Cincinnati" doesn't quite have the same cachet, does it?

They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Harvey had TOS surgery. Let's not forget that. There has been a total of one pitcher to come back from that and have any kind of career. The latest TOS surgery casualty is Phil Hughes who was DFAed from the Twins with an era where Harvey is right now.

I'll be surprised if he gets anything more than a 1 year deal for a few million next season.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                      Harvey had TOS surgery. Let's not forget that. There has been a total of one pitcher to come back from that and have any kind of career. The latest TOS surgery casualty is Phil Hughes who was DFAed from the Twins with an era where Harvey is right now.

I'll be surprised if he gets anything more than a 1 year deal for a few million next season.
                      If, and it’s a big if, he does well with the Reds they might give him a qualifying offer. But I agree, a multi year offer isn’t likely. (Unless he’s not eligible for QO because he was traded)?

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                        True, but "The Dark Knight Of Cincinnati" doesn't quite have the same cachet, does it?
                        Neither does "The Dark Knight of Page Six"--I beat the drum more than anyone on here for Harvey, I think it's fair to say...and even I thought that, for his sake and that of the Mets, it was time to move on. Hopefully this can be the start of a new, good chapter for him, on the field and personally. (That said, if he DOES rebound, it'll be another case of the Mets letting someone go only to see that player play better in greener pastures elsewhere.)
                        "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post

Neither does "The Dark Knight of Page Six"--I beat the drum more than anyone on here for Harvey, I think it's fair to say...and even I thought that, for his sake and that of the Mets, it was time to move on. Hopefully this can be the start of a new, good chapter for him, on the field and personally. (That said, if he DOES rebound, it'll be another case of the Mets letting someone go only to see that player play better in greener pastures elsewhere.)
                          That is a disturbing trend, isn't it?
                          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                            That is a disturbing trend, isn't it?
                            The Met environment is toxic - that is why this is a trend.

Some were surprised Bruce came back (as was I), but he had no offers that I can recall and it was getting late so he took the money. If Cleveland makes that same offer or any other team that is run halfway decent I have to believe Bruce is playing elsewhere.

Not that Jay Bruce is hardly a good player, but that is another story.

Comment

• According to a Met fan on another forum:

"Jay Bruce even went public to advocate for youngsters to get playing time.

The final middle finger from Collins was when we played a game out West where all of Brandon Nimmo’s family and friends came.

The season was done but Collins refused to put him in the line up.

It was vindictive.
                              One unnamed player said “unless your name is Cespedes or Harvey, you abide by the rules.”

Bruce would not have signed if Collins had not been fired"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

Looks like Harvey's back up to 97 or 98 mph his last 2 starts. He's been effective. Too bad Fred and Jeff display personal animosity towards certain players. It's counterproductive. Not saying Harvey's exemplary, but he's a competitor. You're supposed to try to get the most out of your employees.

He still has a way to go, but his improvement has been measureable in several ways. I hope he regains his abilities.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X