Matt Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CokeMachineGlow View Post
    None of this even makes even an iota of sense.

Nobody said that extending controlled players was a bad idea. And what does "seasoning" have to do with anything?

If you're going to be sarcastic at least try and be funny.
    If you can read...then you should read some of the threads before your yap starts to flap, and then maybe you will understand what seasoning has to do with anything. As usual your uncontrollable impulse to pounce and be as contrary as possible regardless of how ridiculous you look has overtaken your ability or lack thereof to absorb and or understand anything that you may not agree with.

I will work on smaller words and smaller sentences so it can make sense to you. We will start small.....Green Eggs and Ham....is that ok for a start? It rhymes so it will help you understand.

Please feel free to contact the mods to tell them how I was so mean to you.... AGAIN. Now go away your dismissed.
    Last edited by Paulypal; 04-14-2013, 05:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
      I meant in calling him up he's the first time they've made a roster move that makes me hopeful rather than not.
      Yeah Harvey's basically the last major talent of the old regime - he's Omar's major Mets legacy. Alderson needs to put guys around Harvey who can win.
      Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        If you can read...then you should read some of the threads before your yap starts to flap, and then maybe you will understand what seasoning has to do with anything. As usual your uncontrollable impulse to pounce and be as contrary as possible regardless of how ridiculous you look has overtaken your ability or lack thereof to absorb and or understand anything that you may not agree with.

I will work on smaller words and smaller sentences so it can make sense to you. We will start small.....Green Eggs and Ham....is that ok for a start? It rhymes so it will help you understand.

Please feel free to contact the mods to tell them how I was so mean to you.... AGAIN. Now go away your dismissed.
        Your crappy witticisms really reveal the depth of your anger. Please go be irate elsewhere as your tears are starting to drown my keyboard.

And, as usual, you skirt around my post in a laughably poor attempt at insulting me. Given your lack of knowledge on anything baseball I don't blame you.

Comment

Your crappy witticisms really reveal the depth of your anger. Please go be irate elsewhere as your tears are starting to drown my keyboard.

And, as usual, you skirt around my post in a laughably poor attempt at insulting me. Given your lack of knowledge on anything baseball I don't blame you.

You may disagree with pauly, and you may not like his posts,...or you may agree and like his posts...........but he does not lack knowledge on anything baseball. Not at all. And unlike a lot of folks here who never hit a curve ball (except in a video game) ....well I think you may be barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

If you think anything on this board gets me angry or is capable of such...then your worse off then I originally thought. Also I don't skirt around anything. If you have a direct question ask it. If I can answer it I will if I cant I wont.

Your the one that has skirted. My original comment was about securing young talent before they were. Many people think its better to gain every day you can so you don't have to pay the player until the last minute. I obviously disagree with that strategy. So in many posts I read that D'Arnaud & Wheeler needed more "seasoning" despite being 2 of the best 25 eligible to take north. They weren't to count the days of eligibility.

As far tears hitting your keyboard...I am sure they are yours as you contacted the mods on me again...and again.

If you think my baseball knowledge is non existent then don't respond to my posts, but just know that even after your panties have been in a bunch on numerous occasions I will comment on yours. Agree or disagree....doesn't matter. This is a discussion board not "if you don't agree with me your an idiot".

I have had many disagreements....with Strawman & Shea Knight especially. There is not any trace of anger or anything along those lines. They feel one way...I feel another. Good - that's what this board is for.

I have wasted too much time on you already. I just wanted to let it be known this board never makes me angry, and I love the fact that people have different opinions than I do. Unlike you.

Comment

1. In regards to mandrake's last post..."And unlike a lot of folks here who never hit a curve ball (except in a video game) ....well I think you may be barking up the wrong tree"...am I to take it that you've played baseball, Paulypay (at a level higher than Little League or whatever as a kid, I mean, lol?)

2. Yes, we disagree...though to be clear, I don't wish to be lumped in with the anti-Alderson camp as headed by Strawman (I don't think I'm misrepresenting your position there, Strawman...and I'm not saying you mean to lump us together that way, Pauly, just being clear that if I disagree with you, it's not along those "party lines," as it were.)

3. Why are we all jawing about this...wasn't this a thread about our 3-0 fireballing 24-year old pitcher (who consequently makes me happier and happier each time I catch him pitching and yet makes me think "Damn, he's striking out the side for the Mets, and I'm still in college...!")
              "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

I love you all, just sayin. ;-)
                unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
                  1. In regards to mandrake's last post..."And unlike a lot of folks here who never hit a curve ball (except in a video game) ....well I think you may be barking up the wrong tree"...am I to take it that you've played baseball, Paulypay (at a level higher than Little League or whatever as a kid, I mean, lol?)

2. Yes, we disagree...though to be clear, I don't wish to be lumped in with the anti-Alderson camp as headed by Strawman (I don't think I'm misrepresenting your position there, Strawman...and I'm not saying you mean to lump us together that way, Pauly, just being clear that if I disagree with you, it's not along those "party lines," as it were.)

3. Why are we all jawing about this...wasn't this a thread about our 3-0 fireballing 24-year old pitcher (who consequently makes me happier and happier each time I catch him pitching and yet makes me think "Damn, he's striking out the side for the Mets, and I'm still in college...!")
                  1) I have played a lot of ball yes...higher than little league yes. LOL. Actually even now I play about 120 games of fast pitch softball (I am 48) a season.

2) I am not putting you in with the anti Sandy crowd, but normal people have baseball disagreements that don't become Armageddon. That was point...we can disagree here and agree to disagree. No biggie its baseball, not brain surgery.

3) Agreed...this is because I made a comment on your post about signing Harvey...that apparently was offensive....to someone.

Comment

If you think anything on this board gets me angry or is capable of such...then your worse off then I originally thought. Also I don't skirt around anything. If you have a direct question ask it. If I can answer it I will if I cant I wont.

Your the one that has skirted. My original comment was about securing young talent before they were. Many people think its better to gain every day you can so you don't have to pay the player until the last minute. I obviously disagree with that strategy. So in many posts I read that D'Arnaud & Wheeler needed more "seasoning" despite being 2 of the best 25 eligible to take north. They weren't to count the days of eligibility.

As far tears hitting your keyboard...I am sure they are yours as you contacted the mods on me again...and again.

If you think my baseball knowledge is non existent then don't respond to my posts, but just know that even after your panties have been in a bunch on numerous occasions I will comment on yours. Agree or disagree....doesn't matter. This is a discussion board not "if you don't agree with me your an idiot".

I have had many disagreements....with Strawman & Shea Knight especially. There is not any trace of anger or anything along those lines. They feel one way...I feel another. Good - that's what this board is for.

I have wasted too much time on you already. I just wanted to let it be known this board never makes me angry, and I love the fact that people have different opinions than I do. Unlike you.
                    You know a picture of a baby crying could have sufficed.

Comment

2) I am not putting you in with the anti Sandy crowd, but normal people have baseball disagreements that don't become Armageddon. That was point...we can disagree here and agree to disagree. No biggie its baseball, not brain surgery.
                      Or there may be more than two "sides" to opinions about the future of the Mets - there may be (incredibly) several viewpoints!
                      Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                        Or there may be more than two "sides" to opinions about the future of the Mets - there may be (incredibly) several viewpoints!
                        Terrible opinions are still just that.....terrible opinions.

Comment

Well, 7 innings, 4 hits, 1 run, 3 walks and 7 strikeouts.

Harvey's ERA keeps rising with every start. It's now 0.93 to go with his 4-0 record. He's given up 10 hits in 29 innings. He's stuck out 32 allowing just 9 walks.

Not bad. The Mets don't seem to win much when he's not pitching.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Fastball strikeouts:
                            http://www.fangraphs.com/not/matt-ha...rikes-tonight/
                            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

After what I saw last season, and from what I'm seeing thus far this season, I'm convinced Harvey is the real deal.

And "Harvey's a lovely name."
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                                After what I saw last season, and from what I'm seeing thus far this season, I'm convinced Harvey is the real deal.

And "Harvey's a lovely name."
                                LOL. Milla that made me actually laugh out loud.

Harvey (the one on the Mets) is the real deal. He has every aspect of a true ace that you want. Throws mid 90's, tenacious, competitive, good breaking pitch.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X