Matt Harvey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

It’s always interesting , and many times humbling , to see what one posted many years ago . Sometimes you are right , many times you are wrong . Harvey’s gem against the White Sox is still the best game I ever saw a pitcher have in person , and that includes deGrom.

I always was critical of the Dark Knight nonsense ( and the Thor silliness ) so Jake’s demeanor is really impressive . He has become the modern day Seaver , and Harvey became more of the modern day Gary Gentry . Here’s hoping Harvey can stick around MLB for a while .
    I was at that game in the stadium and it was my only mlb game so far (I'm from Germany and was in NY for vacation). That was a great game.
    I now have my own non commercial blog about training for batspeed and power using my training experience in baseball and track and field.

Comment

• Things can change but it looks like Harvey may pitch Wednesday the 12th when the O’s come to town. A must attend or watch.

Comment

• Harvey had a tough outing during his return to Citi. A very good post game press conference.When a man admits his mistakes it is time to give him another chance. I think Matt grew up a lot during the last few years and I wish him all the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by dominik View Post

I was at that game in the stadium and it was my only mlb game so far (I'm from Germany and was in NY for vacation). That was a great game.
          I was also at that game, I didn't know you were there. It was indeed a spectacular game.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Harvey now at 18 1/3 scoreless innings. Good to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
              Harvey now at 18 1/3 scoreless innings. Good to see.
              Harvey extended that to 21+ in his last start. He gave up 3 runs over 5 innings Wednesday. Overall, he's been much better. This article has video of Harvey from his last start.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/mat...e-7th-straight

You'll see some of the break on his pitches is nasty, and he's locating well. He's also using a greater mix of pitches. The fastball seems to be sitting about 94. The article has more data, but it seems like he's achieving his goal of remaking himself as a pitcher, with diminished stuff, but better selection and command.

His results since the All Star break suggest he's got a future again. It's nice to see.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X