Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
    "Harvey's a lovely name."
    Comic book fans have long admired the name Harvey.

X

Comment

Harvey is facing the Dodgers and Ted Lilly at home tonight. Lilly is making his first start since last May 23rd.

What are your predictions for Harvey's stat line?

I'm going with 7 IP, 6 H, 2 BB, 9 K, 2 ER.
      My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
      2. Barry Bonds
      3. Ty Cobb
      4. Ted Williams
      5. Willie Mays
      6. Alex Rodriguez
      7. Hank Aaron
      8. Honus Wagner
      9. Lou Gehrig
      10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

8 innings, 10 strikeouts, 1 earned run, 1 walk, 5 hits.
        "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Not to knock Harvey whatsoever, but he's lined up against some really poor offenses - every one under the league average in runs scored. It continues tonight and then he gets Miami next. He doesn't really face a test until Atlanta next month.

That said, he should be solid but not spectacular tonight. I'll go 6-1/3, 5 Hits, 3 ER, 2BB, 6 Ks, 1 WP (one of the runs will be on base when he's lifted in the 7th).
          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
            Not to knock Harvey whatsoever, but he's lined up against some really poor offenses - every one under the league average in runs scored. It continues tonight and then he gets Miami next. He doesn't really face a test until Atlanta next month.

That said, he should be solid but not spectacular tonight. I'll go 6-1/3, 5 Hits, 3 ER, 2BB, 6 Ks, 1 WP (one of the runs will be on base when he's lifted in the 7th).
            He's on four of my fantasy baseball teams Ben. I need him to do better than that.
            "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post

You can only play who they put in front of you. I look forward to him facing the K machine lineup of the Braves. By the way I have no clue where Washington stacks up offensively right now, but they will be near the top when its all said and done, and Harvey looked pretty good against them.

Comment

I almost nailed it perfectly - even called his first WP
                "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Matt Harvey was National League pitcher of the month for April going 4-0 with a 1.56 ERA over 6 starts.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

I hate to say it but I hope he strikes out 15 Whitesox players Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                      I hate to say it but I hope he strikes out 15 Whitesox players Tuesday.
                      Why? I will be at Tuesday's game.

The White Sox are dead last in the majors in on-base percentage. The team is also slugging .382.
                      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                        Why? I will be at Tuesday's game.

The White Sox are dead last in the majors in on-base percentage. The team is also slugging .382.
                        I'm sure your enjoying yourself so far. He's a monster out there.

Comment

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
                          I'm sure your enjoying yourself so far. He's a monster out there.
                          I'd wanted to attend but had too much gunk clogging my day. Availability on the Hub was pretty good as well.

Damn.

Well Blue387, enjoy it for all of us and report back.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                            I'd wanted to attend but had too much gunk clogging my day. Availability on the Hub was pretty good as well.

Damn.

Well Blue387, enjoy it for all of us and report back.
                            Well at least you didn't miss a perfect game but you did miss a dominating performance as of now. This guy is amazing. He's deff the real deal.

Comment

Poor Harvey. His teammates couldn't even manage one run for him. A great effort wasted.
                              My top 10 players:

1. Babe Ruth
                              2. Barry Bonds
                              3. Ty Cobb
                              4. Ted Williams
                              5. Willie Mays
                              6. Alex Rodriguez
                              7. Hank Aaron
                              8. Honus Wagner
                              9. Lou Gehrig
                              10. Mickey Mantle

Comment

Originally posted by GiambiJuice View Post
                                Poor Harvey. His teammates couldn't even manage one run for him. A great effort wasted.
                                Well it wasn't wasted. They did win, but when you pitch like that you really need to get the win. This team's offense is just pathetic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X