X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mongoose
    replied
    Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Harvey now at 18 1/3 scoreless innings. Good to see.
    Harvey extended that to 21+ in his last start. He gave up 3 runs over 5 innings Wednesday. Overall, he's been much better. This article has video of Harvey from his last start.

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/news/mat...e-7th-straight

You'll see some of the break on his pitches is nasty, and he's locating well. He's also using a greater mix of pitches. The fastball seems to be sitting about 94. The article has more data, but it seems like he's achieving his goal of remaking himself as a pitcher, with diminished stuff, but better selection and command.

His results since the All Star break suggest he's got a future again. It's nice to see.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Harvey now at 18 1/3 scoreless innings. Good to see.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Originally posted by dominik View Post

I was at that game in the stadium and it was my only mlb game so far (I'm from Germany and was in NY for vacation). That was a great game.
    I was also at that game, I didn't know you were there. It was indeed a spectacular game.

Leave a comment:

• rjsallstars
    replied
    Harvey had a tough outing during his return to Citi. A very good post game press conference.When a man admits his mistakes it is time to give him another chance. I think Matt grew up a lot during the last few years and I wish him all the best.

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Things can change but it looks like Harvey may pitch Wednesday the 12th when the O’s come to town. A must attend or watch.

Leave a comment:

• dominik
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post

It’s always interesting , and many times humbling , to see what one posted many years ago . Sometimes you are right , many times you are wrong . Harvey’s gem against the White Sox is still the best game I ever saw a pitcher have in person , and that includes deGrom.

I always was critical of the Dark Knight nonsense ( and the Thor silliness ) so Jake’s demeanor is really impressive . He has become the modern day Seaver , and Harvey became more of the modern day Gary Gentry . Here’s hoping Harvey can stick around MLB for a while .
    I was at that game in the stadium and it was my only mlb game so far (I'm from Germany and was in NY for vacation). That was a great game.

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Harvey won his third straight game . I hope he keeps it up , and it seems ( at least for now ) that he has eaten some humble pie. No longer trying to blow people away with a fastball that doesn’t really exist anymore , he has reinvented his strategy and is going with off speed stuff .
    And none of that Dark Knight stuff ....

Leave a comment:

• mandrake
    replied
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post

I have been a Mets fan for decades. I have seen , in person, Seaver, Kooz,Ryan, Matlack, Gooden, Sid, Darling, Santana pitch some incredible games. I saw Seaver pitch a one hitter. I saw Niese only let one person reach base. I saw Gooden fan 16.

Tonight's games was the best game I ever saw a Met pitch in person. In person, Harvey looks more intimidating than on TV.

And while the runner was clearly safe at first, I will have to look at replays to see if the SS could have played it better.

I don't care what the 'revised rulebook' says about no hitters and perfect games. IF this was a 10 inning perfect game, I would always say it was even if Harvey did not pitch the 10th. Heck, we all know Santana gave up a 'double' to Beltran last year.

Until the Mets get a real team behind him, Harvey may want to research how Steve Carlton won 27 games on a team that lost 103 times.
    It’s always interesting , and many times humbling , to see what one posted many years ago . Sometimes you are right , many times you are wrong . Harvey’s gem against the White Sox is still the best game I ever saw a pitcher have in person , and that includes deGrom.

I always was critical of the Dark Knight nonsense ( and the Thor silliness ) so Jake’s demeanor is really impressive . He has become the modern day Seaver , and Harvey became more of the modern day Gary Gentry . Here’s hoping Harvey can stick around MLB for a while .

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Omar Minaya just revealed on the show the he secretly scouted Matt Harvey last year for the Mets and they considered signin. He also said that Harvey’s command looked much improved last night. Clearly Harvey is remaking himself into a meeting pitcher.

https://twitter.com/martinonyc/statu...72153687220224

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
    Every time I see a Corey Seager highlight I think about that non trade.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Royals to promote Matt Harvey:
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2020/...tt-harvey.html
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• LI METS FAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
    Sources: Matt Harvey close to deal with Royals
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...80293335797765
    A belated thank you for 2015.

Leave a comment:

• Blue387
    replied
    Sources: Matt Harvey close to deal with Royals
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...80293335797765

Leave a comment:

• Paulypal
    replied
    Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

I think he enjoyed his celebrity. But I also remember how hard he must have worked in rehab to come off Tommy John surgery so successfully. He was 13-8/2.71 with a 5.08/1 K/BB ratio. Night life didn't cause his TOS, and TOS is what caused his decline.
    Agreed. I was not a big fan of Harvey especially after I saw he much rather be on Page 6 than the back page, but he was a talent that had the unfortunate situation of TOS.

I remember saying how happily surprised I was to see him hit 95 mph after TOS. He just didnt have life, or command. TOS surgery is almost a guaranteed career ender -- at least it ends as you were.

Leave a comment:

• Mongoose
    replied
    Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
    I got the impression he was more interested in the New York night life and being The Dark Knight Of Gotham than keeping himself in shape.
    I think he enjoyed his celebrity. But I also remember how hard he must have worked in rehab to come off Tommy John surgery so successfully. He was 13-8/2.71 with a 5.08/1 K/BB ratio. Night life didn't cause his TOS, and TOS is what caused his decline.

Leave a comment:

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X