Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Francesa's Unhinged Rant - On the Money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Francesa's Unhinged Rant - On the Money?

An insane rant from Mike Francesa today. Yes, he hates the Mets. Yes, he's a Yankee fan. Yes, he can be an arrogant stooge.

Yes, he's right on the money!

Watch and react - it's a classic. Sample:

"The last time the Mets hit a homer Cleon Jones was on the team!"
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Originally posted by Strawman View Post

An insane rant from Mike Francesa today. Yes, he hates the Mets. Yes, he's a Yankee fan. Yes, he can be an arrogant stooge.

Yes, he's right on the money!

Watch and react - it's a classic. Sample:

"The last time the Mets hit a homer Cleon Jones was on the team!"
    One of my kids is going back to college so we went out to 'Cheese burger in Paradise'. To the dismay of the rest of the family, I listened to FAN. When we got to the restaurant, FAN was on most of the monitors. The closed caption function was on, and from what I saw, the fat guy was 100% spot on.

This garbage passing for MLB is disgusting. The Rockies came in here 46-73 and they looked like the 1963 Dodgers or 1966 Orioles the way they shut down the Mets.

I just don't get how some people here defend the organization; those callers on FAN were irate ! When is the tipping point?

Comment

I have no problem with it in the context of one day, but he does not do it equally to every New York/New Jersey team which means it's not objective.

Did he go off at Girardi for chasing after someone?
      Did he go off at the Yankees blowing another game that has two teams closing on them with 1/3 the payroll or blast Nova and Hughes.
      I guess he kept quiet on Bayless insinuating Jeter did illegal substances.

Francesa has his favorites and more importantly when a team he does not like plays well, he puts in the little dig x local team is more popular.

He was not doing this to the Giants when they were fringe wild card teams underachieving, he's been far quicker to rip the Jets because he does not have a good relationship with them.

He tried to pass himself as caring about basketball for a few days and never went off at the Knicks or Nets like this.

Maybe he was also mad he got pre-empted for a good part of the day.
      Last edited by WEB; 08-23-2012, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Well thanks Mike. Truer words have never been spoken

Comment

If you follow the Mets religiously, this is funny because he's so uninformed about the franchise. I take it for its comedic value but this is a guy who uttered the words, "who's David Wright?" in 2005. Thats all that has to be said about Mike.

Comment

Originally posted by WEB View Post
            I have no problem with it in the context of one day, but he does not do it equally to every New York/New Jersey team which means it's not objective.

Did he go off at Girardi for chasing after someone?
            Did he go off at the Yankees blowing another game that has two teams closing on them with 1/3 the payroll or blast Nova and Hughes.
            I guess he kept quiet on Bayless insinuating Jeter did illegal substances.

Francesa has his favorites and more importantly when a team he does not like plays well, he puts in the little dig x local team is more popular.

He was not doing this to the Giants when they were fringe wild card teams underachieving, he's been far quicker to rip the Jets because he does not have a good relationship with them.

He tried to pass himself as caring about basketball for a few days and never went off at the Knicks or Nets like this.

Maybe he was also mad he got pre-empted for a good part of the day.

I do not like Fatcesa at all . Never did. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. And on the Mets, he is right. They are a disgrace. Collins seems to have lost this club...he was 'manager of the year' in the first half according to some on this forum, but what is he now. Didn't he lose the Angels back in the day? Has this team quit on him? Maybe. Maybe not.

The NYY are 72-52, 1/2 game away from the best record in the AL. yes, the Chisox swept them. yes the Chisox were 5-2 against them. Why do Mets fans care what the NYY are doing....they may win it all again, or at least make the post season. Other than rooting for the Chisox, I can't do anything about them.

Fatso was a Jets fan when his pal was the coach. "We" was the way he described the Jets. Then 'we' became the Dallas Cowboys.

he knows zero about hockey; he was fired from college basketball.

But on today's rant, he was right. Callers who said they went to the game agreed with him.

I don't like him, but someone needs to start calling the Mets out on this. If this was Omar and Jerry, the place would be lit up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf View Post
              If you follow the Mets religiously, this is funny because he's so uninformed about the franchise. I take it for its comedic value but this is a guy who uttered the words, "who's David Wright?" in 2005. Thats all that has to be said about Mike.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...righda03.shtml

So in 2005, exactly who was David Wright. In 2004 he had 14 hr and 40 rbi. What context did fatso say this? Was someone comparing him to Jeter?

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                I don't like him, but someone needs to start calling the Mets out on this.
                Like I wrote in the context of one day I have no problem with it, but his pattern is laced with double-standards based on his favorites. He kicks the teams he personally does not like a little harder when they are down. He also takes extra pokes at them when they are up.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                  http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...righda03.shtml

So in 2005, exactly who was David Wright. In 2004 he had 14 hr and 40 rbi. What context did fatso say this? Was someone comparing him to Jeter?
                  Actually it was 2004. The context is it was just another day where he and Dog were trashing the Mets. A Mets fan called up to refute their negativity about the future of the franchise. He referenced David Wright (who was tearing up the minors at that time) as hope for the franchise. Francesa's response was very similar to what he says here about Harvey and the Mets future. No joke, he had no idea who David was and his exact words were "who is David Wright?" He went on to say that if he hadn't heard of him he's probably not good. THAT is Mike Francesa in a nutshell. He has zero clue about the Mets outside of the 25 man roster. He's not someone I would even remotely give credit to for being "on the money" with anything Mets related other than maybe his ties to ownership........it was a funny rant though.

Comment

Personally, I could care less if the Mets lose every game left. It serves no purpose for them to finish as a middle of the road team. The more losses, the better the draft position.

Comment

F the aspect that Francessa is a Yankee fan, coming on after the Met game, to totally segue into his show without uttering how disappointing this Met franchise has been ever summer since 2007 is what I know as a Met fan was thinking of. This was a minor league team heading into the season and the team was so fortunate to have played way above their heads in the first half. Houston humiliated The Mets earlier in the season and this poor team on all facets I tell you will wake up from their doldrums when certain demons are exorcised from the clubhouse. Too many role players getting starter time. If Colorado came in with a Tripe A team, The Mets are a T Ball team at this point.
                      Fan of The NY Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by WEB View Post
                        Like I wrote in the context of one day I have no problem with it, but his pattern is laced with double-standards based on his favorites. He kicks the teams he personally does not like a little harder when they are down. He also takes extra pokes at them when they are up.
                        Yes he needles Met and Jet fans to no end. He sits on his arrogant perch and spews his crap. With that said and taking just that rant at face value is there anything you can dispute? I dont think so.

I have been saying for 3 years that the Mets try to sell you a load of garbage and fans buy it. We see it all the time on this forum. I have heard on this board that Capt Kirk was was an untouchable for trades. Actually he is untradeable because no team that has a GM with eyes would take him.

I dont want to be accused of pulling my suspender straps with my thumbs (yes I was once accused of this on here), but Francessa has echoed a lot of what some forum member and I have been saying. They try to sell us a bill of goods to hang our hat on, but it doesnt materialize. This is the WILPON WAY.

Its time to call ownership out on there lack of interest. I know a lot of you guys actually pay money that you worked for to buy a ticket to watch this disgrace and thats cool. Its your money, but drive a little further out east and watch the Ducks. They are probably as good as the Mets are - its less expensive - parking is better, and there isnt a bad seat in the house.

Until the Mets start playing in front of the ushers, as long as they are drawing fans, not much much will change. The fans can make a statement, but they choose not to.

Comment

And yes, I agree with Mike 100%!
                          Fan of The NY Mets!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                            but Francessa has echoed a lot of what some forum member and I have been saying. They try to sell us a bill of goods to hang our hat on, but it doesnt materialize. This is the WILPON WAY.
                            Only problem with your point is the name of Fredo was not mentioned by Francesa today.

Francesa started right in on SNY announcers (he would never pull with YES employees on their network) then he went off at Collins, eight people in attendance, knocks at the kid who pitched. Then he finally said Jeff-R-Us, Alderson should be ashamed to show their faces at the ballpark like it was all Collins, who he compared to Rich Kotite, then he said the manager should jump off the roof with the talent he was given.

99.9 percent of this was a worthless rant on Collins, then Francesa said the players on the team are not good enough so he contradicted himself.

Now that I listened to it a second time I do have a problem with it even in the context of one day because he did not blame Fredo and was just a big tantrum he was clearly enjoying.
                            Last edited by WEB; 08-23-2012, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralf View Post
                              Personally, I could care less if the Mets lose every game left. It serves no purpose for them to finish as a middle of the road team. The more losses, the better the draft position.
                              No real need to worry about them finishing as a middle of the road team. They were predicted to lose 90 games before the season started, and they will. They just took a very odd route to get there.

I wish they were in the middle of the road - then maybe a truck can run them over.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X