Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Mets are rebuilding (emphasis on the 'are')

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mets are rebuilding (emphasis on the 'are')

Anything otherwise is blatantly false.

I feel the need to inform the posters of BBF-Mets, seeing as most of you believe contrarily.

Originally posted by CokeMachineGlow View Post
    Anything otherwise is blatantly false.

I feel the need to inform the posters of BBF-Mets, seeing as most of you believe contrarily.
    What do base this "fact" on - it must be intuition, because the evidence is to the contrary. Indeed, the front office barely did anything at all this year - sat on its well-paid hands.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
      What do base this "fact" on - it must be intuition, because the evidence is to the contrary. Indeed, the front office barely did anything at all this year - sat on its well-paid hands.
      Evidence? Can you post this "evidence to the contrary."

Comment

Evidence? Can you post this "evidence to the contrary."
        The evidence to the contrary is "nothing" - the same evidence as to the positive. The Mets are not rebuilding. They're just bouncing along the bottom.
        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

The evidence to the contrary is "nothing" - the same evidence as to the positive. The Mets are not rebuilding. They're just bouncing along the bottom.
          Okay, nothing meaningful to back up your erroneous statement? Look's like we're done here.

Comment

Okay, nothing meaningful to back up your erroneous statement? Look's like we're done here.
            Ha! There was nothing meaningful to back up your original statement about rebuilding - there's not much evidence of it. There's a vacuum.

Comment

Ha! There was nothing meaningful to back up your original statement about rebuilding - there's not much evidence of it. There's a vacuum.
              There's a plethora of evidence to back-up my previous claim. Your theory is simply blind and baseless conjecture that's fueled by your irrational, searing dislike of the current regime. It's incredibly obvious that we're rebuilding - there's no such thing as 'peddling at the bottom' and its myopic to believe anything to contrary.

Comment

I tend to agree with CMG on the rebuilding issue. Doing nothing (except Shoppach for Beato) in 2012 is not evidence that the org is permanently sitting on its hands. Next season, a rotation of Dickey, Niese, Harvey, maybe Pelf, and perhaps Santana (unless someone takes him for a portion of his salary), and the starters are set. Adding Wheeler to the equation can do nothing but help.

As well, the infield needs no changing whatsoever. The three places the Mets need to concentrate on, imho, are in the outfield (hold Hairston; everyone else is expendable and can be replaced), the bullpen (which has improved somewhat in this second half; bring back Rauch but perhaps use Parnell as part of an outfielder trade), and behind the plate (bring back Shoppach as first string, but if Thole is to return, he needs to work on both his offense and defense). My :twocents:
                Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                  I tend to agree with CMG on the rebuilding issue. Doing nothing (except Shoppach for Beato) in 2012 is not evidence that the org is permanently sitting on its hands. Next season, a rotation of Dickey, Niese, Harvey, maybe Pelf, and perhaps Santana (unless someone takes him for a portion of his salary), and the starters are set. Adding Wheeler to the equation can do nothing but help.

As well, the infield needs no changing whatsoever. The three places the Mets need to concentrate on, imho, are in the outfield (hold Hairston; everyone else is expendable and can be replaced), the bullpen (which has improved somewhat in this second half; bring back Rauch but perhaps use Parnell as part of an outfielder trade), and behind the plate (bring back Shoppach as first string, but if Thole is to return, he needs to work on both his offense and defense). My :twocents:
                  Exactly.

To say we're treading water with no basis for direction is simply unrealistic.

Comment

Exactly.

To say we're treading water with no basis for direction is simply unrealistic.
                    Oh yeah, it's unrealistic - except when you look at the their record and roster.

Comment

Oh yeah, it's unrealistic - except when you look at the their record and roster.
                      The pre-Rays team (when they were the Devil Rays) must have been treading water with no direction, too. The Nationals (pre-2012) must have been treading water with no direction, too. Same with the Orioles. And the Reds. And the Athletics.

You simply don't understand it, do you? It's a concept not too difficult to grasp - your blind hatred for the current FO is palpable. This isn't even a discussion on about 95% of Mets blogs, forums, etc. It's clearly evident that we're in a rebuilding stage - where we're testing our young players at the major league level and developing the farm. The cost-cutting goes hand-in-hand with the process - as we're able to save money while simultaneously building towards the future.

Comment

Straw, did you read what I wrote? 2012 is not 2013, nor 2014 and beyond. I mentioned the three key items the Mets should concentrate on in the coming months. Granted, the Mets aren't a Gary Carter away from winning it all, but their 2012 record is no indication of future success nor failure. And a kneekerk trade (like ridding the team of Nady when Sanchez got hurt) is not the answer either.

Sometimes, staying the course is the ship's best route. Yes, there need to be a few adjustments to the jib, but Columbus didn't find his way to Asia. I happen to think, with a few additions in turn with ridding the team of a few liabilities, the Mets can (and will) perform better in the overall season. ...lest we forget how many losses in 2012 can be credited to both the bullpen and the dry run support of the second half.

Inspiration is part of the chemistry equation. I realize several folks here don't buy into the chemistry equation, nor do they give it much credibility, but seeing what's on paper is only part of it. As well, as I've mentioned elsewhere, inspiration -- part of the chemistry equation -- can come from several sources, including from those in charge of running the team in the dugout. In other words, a horse can win a race partly due to the leadership of the jockey. It's not just the horse.
                        Put it in the books.

Comment

Straw, did you read what I wrote? 2012 is not 2013, nor 2014 and beyond. I mentioned the three key items the Mets should concentrate on in the coming months. Granted, the Mets aren't a Gary Carter away from winning it all, but their 2012 record is no indication of future success nor failure. And a kneekerk trade (like ridding the team of Nady when Sanchez got hurt) is not the answer either.

Sometimes, staying the course is the ship's best route. Yes, there need to be a few adjustments to the jib, but Columbus didn't find his way to Asia. I happen to think, with a few additions in turn with ridding the team of a few liabilities, the Mets can (and will) perform better in the overall season. ...lest we forget how many losses in 2012 can be credited to both the bullpen and the dry run support of the second half.

Inspiration is part of the chemistry equation. I realize several folks here don't buy into the chemistry equation, nor do they give it much credibility, but seeing what's on paper is only part of it. As well, as I've mentioned elsewhere, inspiration -- part of the chemistry equation -- can come from several sources, including from those in charge of running the team in the dugout. In other words, a horse can win a race partly due to the leadership of the jockey. It's not just the horse.
                          Yeah and I respect your school of thought! Decent starters, fix the pen, build an outfield, get some catching. Maybe contend. I just don't think they'll do it, Alderson is missing in action, and I discount their current talent levels a bit more than you do.

Comment

No offense intended, but I think you discount Alderson's talent level more than anyone on the field.
                            Put it in the books.

Comment

No offense intended, but I think you discount Alderson's talent level more than anyone on the field.
                              He may once have been talented, but he's disappeared on this team, on this franchise, on this fan base. You can't fire the owners, I realize they're to blame above anyone else. But a pure disaster Alderson has been.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X