Announcement

Collapse

Updated Baseball Fever Policy

Baseball Fever Policy

I. Purpose of this announcement:

This announcement describes the policies pertaining to the operation of Baseball Fever.

Baseball Fever is a moderated baseball message board which encourages and facilitates research and information exchange among fans of our national pastime. The intent of the Baseball Fever Policy is to ensure that Baseball Fever remains an extremely high quality, extremely low "noise" environment.

Baseball Fever is administrated by three principal administrators:
webmaster - Baseball Fever Owner
The Commissioner - Baseball Fever Administrator
Macker - Baseball Fever Administrator

And a group of forum specific super moderators. The role of the moderator is to keep Baseball Fever smoothly and to screen posts for compliance with our policy. The moderators are ALL volunteer positions, so please be patient and understanding of any delays you might experience in correspondence.

II. Comments about our policy:

Any suggestions on this policy may be made directly to the webmaster.

III. Acknowledgments:

This document was based on a similar policy used by SABR.

IV. Requirements for participation on Baseball Fever:

Participation on Baseball Fever is available to all baseball fans with a valid email address, as verified by the forum's automated system, which then in turn creates a single validated account. Multiple accounts by a single user are prohibited.

By registering, you agree to adhere to the policies outlined in this document and to conduct yourself accordingly. Abuse of the forum, by repeated failure to abide by these policies, will result in your access being blocked to the forum entirely.

V. Baseball Fever Netiquette:

Participants at Baseball Fever are required to adhere to these principles, which are outlined in this section.
a. All posts to Baseball Fever should be written in clear, concise English, with proper grammar and accurate spelling. The use of abbreviations should be kept to a minimum; when abbreviation is necessary, they should be either well-known (such as etc.), or explained on their first use in your post.

b. Conciseness is a key attribute of a good post.

c. Quote only the portion of a post to which you are responding.

d. Standard capitalization and punctuation make a large difference in the readability of a post. TYPING IN ALL CAPITALS is considered to be "shouting"; it is a good practice to limit use of all capitals to words which you wish to emphasize.

e. It is our policy NOT to transmit any defamatory or illegal materials.

f. Personal attacks of any type against Baseball Fever readers will not be tolerated. In these instances the post will be copied by a moderator and/or administrator, deleted from the site, then sent to the member who made the personal attack via a Private Message (PM) along with a single warning. Members who choose to not listen and continue personal attacks will be banned from the site.

g. It is important to remember that many contextual clues available in face-to-face discussion, such as tone of voice and facial expression, are lost in the electronic forum. As a poster, try to be alert for phrasing that might be misinterpreted by your audience to be offensive; as a reader, remember to give the benefit of the doubt and not to take umbrage too easily. There are many instances in which a particular choice of words or phrasing can come across as being a personal attack where none was intended.

h. The netiquette described above (a-g) often uses the term "posts", but applies equally to Private Messages.

VI. Baseball Fever User Signature Policy

A signature is a piece of text that some members may care to have inserted at the end of ALL of their posts, a little like the closing of a letter. You can set and / or change your signature by editing your profile in the UserCP. Since it is visible on ALL your posts, the following policy must be adhered to:

Signature Composition
Font size limit: No larger than size 2 (This policy is a size 2)
Style: Bold and italics are permissible
Character limit: No more than 500 total characters
Lines: No more than 4 lines
Colors: Most colors are permissible, but those which are hard to discern against the gray background (yellow, white, pale gray) should be avoided
Images/Graphics: Allowed, but nothing larger than 20k and Content rules must be followed

Signature Content
No advertising is permitted
Nothing political or religious
Nothing obscene, vulgar, defamatory or derogatory
Links to personal blogs/websites are permissible - with the webmaster's written consent
A Link to your Baseball Fever Blog does not require written consent and is recommended
Quotes must be attributed. Non-baseball quotes are permissible as long as they are not religious or political

Please adhere to these rules when you create your signature. Failure to do so will result in a request to comply by a moderator. If you do not comply within a reasonable amount of time, the signature will be removed and / or edited by an Administrator. Baseball Fever reserves the right to edit and / or remove any or all of your signature line at any time without contacting the account holder.

VII. Appropriate and inappropriate topics for Baseball Fever:

Most concisely, the test for whether a post is appropriate for Baseball Fever is: "Does this message discuss our national pastime in an interesting manner?" This post can be direct or indirect: posing a question, asking for assistance, providing raw data or citations, or discussing and constructively critiquing existing posts. In general, a broad interpretation of "baseball related" is used.

Baseball Fever is not a promotional environment. Advertising of products, web sites, etc., whether for profit or not-for-profit, is not permitted. At the webmaster's discretion, brief one-time announcements for products or services of legitimate baseball interest and usefulness may be allowed. If advertising is posted to the site it will be copied by a moderator and/or administrator, deleted from the site, then sent to the member who made the post via a Private Message (PM) along with a single warning. Members who choose to not listen and continue advertising will be banned from the site. If the advertising is spam-related, pornography-based, or a "visit-my-site" type post / private message, no warning at all will be provided, and the member will be banned immediately without a warning.

It is considered appropriate to post a URL to a page which specifically and directly answers a question posted on the list (for example, it would be permissible to post a link to a page containing home-road splits, even on a site which has advertising or other commercial content; however, it would not be appropriate to post the URL of the main page of the site). The site reserves the right to limit the frequency of such announcements by any individual or group.

In keeping with our test for a proper topic, posting to Baseball Fever should be treated as if you truly do care. This includes posting information that is, to the best of your knowledge, complete and accurate at the time you post. Any errors or ambiguities you catch later should be acknowledged and corrected in the thread, since Baseball Fever is sometimes considered to be a valuable reference for research information.

VIII. Role of the moderator:

When a post is submitted to Baseball Fever, it is forwarded by the server automatically and seen immediately. The moderator may:
a. Leave the thread exactly like it was submitted. This is the case 95% of the time.

b. Immediately delete the thread as inappropriate for Baseball Fever. Examples include advertising, personal attacks, or spam. This is the case 1% of the time.

c. Move the thread. If a member makes a post about the Marlins in the Yankees forum it will be moved to the appropriate forum. This is the case 3% of the time.

d. Edit the message due to an inappropriate item. This is the case 1% of the time. There have been new users who will make a wonderful post, then add to their signature line (where your name / handle appears) a tagline that is a pure advertisement. This tagline will be removed, a note will be left in the message so he/she is aware of the edit, and personal contact will be made to the poster telling them what has been edited and what actions need to be taken to prevent further edits.

The moderators perform no checks on posts to verify factual or logical accuracy. While he/she may point out gross errors in factual data in replies to the thread, the moderator does not act as an "accuracy" editor. Also moderation is not a vehicle for censorship of individuals and/or opinions, and the moderator's decisions should not be taken personally.

IX. Legal aspects of participation in Baseball Fever:

By submitting a post to Baseball Fever, you grant Baseball Fever permission to distribute your message to the forum. Other rights pertaining to the post remain with the ORIGINAL author, and you may not redistribute or retransmit any posts by any others, in whole or in part, without the express consent of the original author.

The messages appearing on Baseball Fever contain the opinions and views of their respective authors and are not necessarily those of Baseball Fever, or of the Baseball Almanac family of sites.

Sincerely,

Sean Holtz, Webmaster of Baseball Almanac & Baseball Fever
www.baseball-almanac.com | www.baseball-fever.com
"Baseball Almanac: Sharing Baseball. Sharing History."
See more
See less

Mets 2012/2013 Off-Season Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
    Arod with the Mets would have been a disaster. The Rangers were very lucky to get out of that ridiculous contract and it will be interesting to see how the yanks will dump him. No one else was willing to take a chance on Vlad. Maybe there cheapness helped them by not signing Manny and Zito, they could have overpaid for them also. I do think the only way they have a chance without the Madoff money and continued low attendance is to follow the dreaded plan.
    Disaster??? Please don't confuse Arod's 2nd contract with his first. At the time he signed his first he was THEE best player in the game, and I believe the Mets would have acquired him for much less than Texas did as Texas was bidding against no one. Arod being a Met at that time would have been a great pickup.

    Well someone took a shot at Vlad...I would say it worked out pretty good.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      Disaster??? Please don't confuse Arod's 2nd contract with his first. At the time he signed his first he was THEE best player in the game, and I believe the Mets would have acquired him for much less than Texas did as Texas was bidding against no one. Arod being a Met at that time would have been a great pickup.

      Well someone took a shot at Vlad...I would say it worked out pretty good.
      In my opinion, Arod was the best thing that never happened to the Mets. The Rangers were finished after they signed him and the Yankees are lucky to have Jeter to keep him in line. Anyway, I would like to hear what you have in mind as far as moves they can make this offseason that will make them better while still being semi-fiscally responsible?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
        Yankees are lucky to have Jeter to keep him in line.
        Really?????

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
          In my opinion, Arod was the best thing that never happened to the Mets. The Rangers were finished after they signed him and the Yankees are lucky to have Jeter to keep him in line. Anyway, I would like to hear what you have in mind as far as moves they can make this offseason that will make them better while still being semi-fiscally responsible?
          The Mets, in the years around 2006, with their own regional sports network, drawing around 4 million a year had to be making a mint. The Wilpons should have an enormous surplus from these years to work with. I did a rough calculation of the Mets/SNY's revenue in the Ownership/Management thread. With a small market payroll the team/T.V. rights must still be wildly profitable.

          The Wilpons flat out own 65% of their regional sports network. The Steinbrenners, as I recall, only own 70% of the Yankees. With Goldman Sachs and other partners splitting equity they own a considerably lesser percentage of the YES network. It's likely the Wilpons make more money from the Mets/T.V. than the Steinbrenners do from the Yankees. The Wilpons still plead poverty while stuffing a fortune in their pockets.

          They've set spending parameters for the draft and free agents that make it impossible to field a solid contender. It never fails to astound me that fans still exist who've brainwashed themselves into defending, even praising every cheap, horrible move the Mets make. Signing A-Rod was the best move the Mets never made? He was 72.6 Wins Above Replacement over the life of that original ten year contract. At $4 million per WAR he was worth $290,400,000. He was a bargain even at what the Rangers signed him for. At 20.9 WAR over the life of his contract with the Angels, Vlad earned his money, too. Meanwhile the Mets had Richard Hidalgo, Victor Diaz, Xavier Nady, Shawn Green, Lastings Milledge, and Jeff Francoeur in right field. Guerrero would likely have made the difference in 2007 and 2008.

          You engage in self-deception in order to keep giving this organization your money. You justify every unjustifiable move or non-move. The Wilpons return the favor by treating their paying supporters like marks. Wake up and smell the coffee.

          You want to hear "moves they can make this offseason that will make them better while still being semi-fiscally responsible?" By the definition the Wilpons have set and you accept there really are none. They have little coming from the minors and refuse to increase payroll. I fully expect them to stick the $15 million they saved on Bay this year into their pockets. Trying to figure out which marginal players are marginally better than the current marginal players isn't a fun way to pass the time.
          Last edited by Mongoose; 11-25-2012, 06:58 PM.


          "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
            The Mets, in the years around 2006, with their own regional sports network, drawing around 4 million a year had to be making a mint. The Wilpons should have an enormous surplus from these years to work with. I did a rough calculation of the Mets/SNY's revenue in the Ownership/Management thread. With a small market payroll the team/T.V. rights must still be wildly profitable.

            The Wilpons flat out own 65% of their regional sports network. The Steinbrenners, as I recall, only own 70% of the Yankees. With Goldman Sachs and other partners splitting equity they own a considerably lesser percentage of the YES network. It's likely the Wilpons make more money from the Mets/T.V. than the Steinbrenners do from the Yankees. The Wilpons still plead poverty while stuffing a fortune in their pockets.

            They've set spending parameters for the draft and free agents that make it impossible to field a solid contender. It never fails to astound me that fans still exist who've brainwashed themselves into defending, even praising every cheap, horrible move the Mets make. Signing A-Rod was the best move the Mets never made? He was 72.6 Wins Above Replacement over the life of that original ten year contract. At $4 million per WAR he was worth $290,400,000. He was a bargain even at what the Rangers signed him for. At 20.9 WAR over the life of his contract with the Angels, Vlad earned his money, too. Meanwhile the Mets had Richard Hidalgo, Victor Diaz, Xavier Nady, Shawn Green, Lastings Milledge, and Jeff Francoeur in right field. Guerrero would likely have made the difference in 2007 and 2008.

            You engage in self-deception in order to keep giving this organization your money. You justify every unjustifiable move or non-move. The Wilpons return the favor by treating their paying supporters like marks. Wake up and smell the coffee.

            You want to hear "moves they can make this offseason that will make them better while still being semi-fiscally responsible?" By the definition the Wilpons have set and you accept there really are none. They have little coming from the minors and refuse to increase payroll. I fully expect them to stick the $15 million they saved on Bay this year into their pockets. Trying to figure out which marginal players are marginally better than the current marginal players isn't a fun way to pass the time.
            When I hear the term "fiscally responsible" I think of it as an anti-Yankee term, and or an excuse from a team that is not going to spend money.

            Its amazing how some Met fans (or fans in general) fall for the propaganda fed to them. I remember when ARod was a FA and Steve Phillips went public with Boras' contract demands in an effort to turn the Mets off to ARod and Boras. In many cases it worked. ARod publicly said he would like to come to NY..meaning the Mets, but Wilpon never made an offer. Now I am not saying you offer him 250m, but you offer him 17m a year and see what happens. The Mets took the low road - of course- they started a smear campaign in order not to offer him anything and save face with their fans.

            One day fans will see that the Wilpons having winning somewhere on the back page on their priority list.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
              Really?????
              You think Arod was going to go to any team for a discount? come on!! The Met put a smear campaign on him? Do you think agents use the press to put pressure on teams to sign players at inflated prices? Arod fit in with the Yankees because Jeter is the big dog. Jeter took pressure off of Arod and I think he showed him to a certain extent how to be a professional. Is Arod a great player? Yes. Is he a leader and someone who can lead teams to championships? IMO, no. Was Vladimer a mistake, definately. But at the time it was not a no brainer signing. Now back to the 2012/2013 Mets. Use any term you want to say "not just throw money around" if fiscally responsible turns you off and tell us what 7-8 things the Mets can do to make them compete next year? I think that is what this thread is for, but it seems like bashing anyone who still likes to "root for the Mets" is what many of these discussions revolve around. However, I do believe the bashers will be more than willing to spend there money if and when the Mets start to win again. In my opinion, thats frontrunning and being a fair-weather fan. It also takes away a lot of the credibility of things that are said.

              Comment


              • The Mets re-signed Tim Byrdak.
                Last edited by Cowtipper; 11-26-2012, 03:05 PM.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                  One day fans will see that the Wilpons having winning somewhere on the back page on their priority list.
                  Somehow, I view the terms "winning" and "page on their priority list" to be a Wilpon contradiction in terms. A "Wilcontradiction" if you will. I simply love playing with their name.

                  P.S. Let's try to keep the topic, folks. Several recent posts have been moved to the Citi Field Concessions thread in the Ballparks forum.
                  "And their chances of getting back into this ballgame are growing dimmer by the batter."


                  Put it in the books.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                    You think Arod was going to go to any team for a discount? come on!! The Met put a smear campaign on him? Do you think agents use the press to put pressure on teams to sign players at inflated prices? Arod fit in with the Yankees because Jeter is the big dog. Jeter took pressure off of Arod and I think he showed him to a certain extent how to be a professional. Is Arod a great player? Yes. Is he a leader and someone who can lead teams to championships? IMO, no. Was Vladimer a mistake, definately. But at the time it was not a no brainer signing. Now back to the 2012/2013 Mets. Use any term you want to say "not just throw money around" if fiscally responsible turns you off and tell us what 7-8 things the Mets can do to make them compete next year? I think that is what this thread is for, but it seems like bashing anyone who still likes to "root for the Mets" is what many of these discussions revolve around. However, I do believe the bashers will be more than willing to spend there money if and when the Mets start to win again. In my opinion, thats frontrunning and being a fair-weather fan. It also takes away a lot of the credibility of things that are said.
                    Oh my God. You believe all the crap you read dont you?

                    Jeter took pressure off of ARod...are you asleep. Jeter single handidly made ARods life hell here early on. When the fan and Media were all over ARod...Jeter the CAPTAIN did nothing to take anything off of ARod. It would have taken one interview with a one paragraph for the fans to back off and Jeter did NOTHING.

                    Jeter showed ARod how to be a pro? Ok now your getting scary. ARod was an all time great, a two time MVP and probalby the best player in the game - at least in the AL. Jeter showed ARod nothing. Jeter couldnt carry ARod's jock back in the day. Lets get real. ARod moved over to 3rd to be a Yankee while being the far superior shortstop. So ARod showed Jeter about being a team player.

                    Lead a team to championships? You really are a propaganda junkie arent you? You believe Jeter led his teams to championships? The Yankees had superior pitching, a great lineup, and a superior bullpen...thats why the Yankees won championships.

                    Let me ask you something Mr Jeters agent....if Jeter played his whole career on the Royals...how many championships would the supremely professional, and leader of champions have......times up....ZERO...theres your number. Put Nomar, ARod, Vizquel on the Yankees and they still have 5 since the mid 90's. Maybe more.

                    Nobody is bashing you for liking the Mets...we all the like them here. We all just have our own angle on how to deal with the worst organization pound for pound in pro sports. Hands down.

                    You opt to walk around with pom-poms out. I am very much in wait and see mode because I will not be taken anymore.
                    Last edited by Paulypal; 11-26-2012, 07:06 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                      You think Arod was going to go to any team for a discount? come on!! The Met put a smear campaign on him?
                      Maybe not but the Mets took the low road instead of making an offer. Which is nothing new with the Mets. Only thing back then it was Steve Phillips that was the bullet proof vest for Wilscum.

                      Remember Phillips telling all the propaganda hungry fans about ARod wanting a tent at the ST facility, and wanting a luxury box...etc etc. Those things were nothing new or extraordinary in negotiations, but Phillips under the umbrella of Wilscum went to the press with the details. Very classy move by the way.

                      The Mets - who Arod I believe was his first choice...never even made an offer of any kind. Yes he got 25 million a year, but maybe the Mets should have offered 17 million a year just to make an offer and see what happens. Do you know why Wilscum didnt? I will tell you why... Wilscum feared that if he made ARod an offer that ARod would have accepted the offer...then what? Then Wilscum would have to pay. He didnt want that.

                      I mean after all...what major market team needs and can afford a shortstop that hits 40 homers and plays a GG caliber short. Nah....not for us. We needed Rey Ordonez......who needed ARod. Good grief

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                        Maybe not but the Mets took the low road instead of making an offer. Which is nothing new with the Mets. Only thing back then it was Steve Phillips that was the bullet proof vest for Wilscum.

                        Remember Phillips telling all the propaganda hungry fans about ARod wanting a tent at the ST facility, and wanting a luxury box...etc etc. Those things were nothing new or extraordinary in negotiations, but Phillips under the umbrella of Wilscum went to the press with the details. Very classy move by the way.

                        The Mets - who Arod I believe was his first choice...never even made an offer of any kind. Yes he got 25 million a year, but maybe the Mets should have offered 17 million a year just to make an offer and see what happens. Do you know why Wilscum didnt? I will tell you why... Wilscum feared that if he made ARod an offer that ARod would have accepted the offer...then what? Then Wilscum would have to pay. He didnt want that.

                        I mean after all...what major market team needs and can afford a shortstop that hits 40 homers and plays a GG caliber short. Nah....not for us. We needed Rey Ordonez......who needed ARod. Good grief
                        "24 +1" was the back page of the Daily News, fed by the Wilpon smear machine as I recall....

                        Long history of pretending to pursue players, then running them down. We saw the most recent case last year. And if Wright decides to seek his fortune (and a ring) elsewhere, we'll hear how he's not such a great guy after all.
                        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                          Oh my God. You believe all the crap you read dont you?

                          Jeter took pressure off of ARod...are you asleep. Jeter single handidly made ARods life hell here early on. When the fan and Media were all over ARod...Jeter the CAPTAIN did nothing to take anything off of ARod. It would have taken one interview with a one paragraph for the fans to back off and Jeter did NOTHING.

                          Jeter showed ARod how to be a pro? Ok now your getting scary. ARod was an all time great, a two time MVP and probalby the best player in the game - at least in the AL. Jeter showed ARod nothing. Jeter couldnt carry ARod's jock back in the day. Lets get real. ARod moved over to 3rd to be a Yankee while being the far superior shortstop. So ARod showed Jeter about being a team player.

                          Lead a team to championships? You really are a propaganda junkie arent you? You believe Jeter led his teams to championships? The Yankees had superior pitching, a great lineup, and a superior bullpen...thats why the Yankees won championships.

                          Let me ask you something Mr Jeters agent....if Jeter played his whole career on the Royals...how many championships would the supremely professional, and leader of champions have......times up....ZERO...theres your number. Put Nomar, ARod, Vizquel on the Yankees and they still have 5 since the mid 90's. Maybe more.

                          Nobody is bashing you for liking the Mets...we all the like them here. We all just have our own angle on how to deal with the worst organization pound for pound in pro sports. Hands down.

                          You opt to walk around with pom-poms out. I am very much in wait and see mode because I will not be taken anymore.
                          And how many rings would Arod have with the Royals? Enough with Arod, I really must have touched a nerve on that one, sorry. I think we started this thing with your quote about knowing 7-8 things the Mets could do to be able to contend next year. I am much more interested in that and I would hope the few who still monitor this thread would be also. Lets Go Mets (or is that a dirty word around here?)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                            Oh my God. You believe all the crap you read dont you?

                            Jeter took pressure off of ARod...are you asleep. Jeter single handidly made ARods life hell here early on. When the fan and Media were all over ARod...Jeter the CAPTAIN did nothing to take anything off of ARod. It would have taken one interview with a one paragraph for the fans to back off and Jeter did NOTHING.

                            Jeter showed ARod how to be a pro? Ok now your getting scary. ARod was an all time great, a two time MVP and probalby the best player in the game - at least in the AL. Jeter showed ARod nothing. Jeter couldnt carry ARod's jock back in the day. Lets get real. ARod moved over to 3rd to be a Yankee while being the far superior shortstop. So ARod showed Jeter about being a team player.

                            Lead a team to championships? You really are a propaganda junkie arent you? You believe Jeter led his teams to championships? The Yankees had superior pitching, a great lineup, and a superior bullpen...thats why the Yankees won championships.

                            Let me ask you something Mr Jeters agent....if Jeter played his whole career on the Royals...how many championships would the supremely professional, and leader of champions have......times up....ZERO...theres your number. Put Nomar, ARod, Vizquel on the Yankees and they still have 5 since the mid 90's. Maybe more.

                            Nobody is bashing you for liking the Mets...we all the like them here. We all just have our own angle on how to deal with the worst organization pound for pound in pro sports. Hands down.

                            You opt to walk around with pom-poms out. I am very much in wait and see mode because I will not be taken anymore.
                            you want propaganda, I"ll give you propaganda . http://youtu.be/g3dn2RanPQg

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                              Maybe not but the Mets took the low road instead of making an offer. Which is nothing new with the Mets. Only thing back then it was Steve Phillips that was the bullet proof vest for Wilscum.

                              Remember Phillips telling all the propaganda hungry fans about ARod wanting a tent at the ST facility, and wanting a luxury box...etc etc. Those things were nothing new or extraordinary in negotiations, but Phillips under the umbrella of Wilscum went to the press with the details. Very classy move by the way.

                              The Mets - who Arod I believe was his first choice...never even made an offer of any kind. Yes he got 25 million a year, but maybe the Mets should have offered 17 million a year just to make an offer and see what happens. Do you know why Wilscum didnt? I will tell you why... Wilscum feared that if he made ARod an offer that ARod would have accepted the offer...then what? Then Wilscum would have to pay. He didnt want that.

                              I mean after all...what major market team needs and can afford a shortstop that hits 40 homers and plays a GG caliber short. Nah....not for us. We needed Rey Ordonez......who needed ARod. Good grief
                              My new favorite player, Arod!!! http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.1208274

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                                And how many rings would Arod have with the Royals? Enough with Arod, I really must have touched a nerve on that one, sorry. I think we started this thing with your quote about knowing 7-8 things the Mets could do to be able to contend next year. I am much more interested in that and I would hope the few who still monitor this thread would be also. Lets Go Mets (or is that a dirty word around here?)
                                ARod would have zero rings with the Royals, but then again I dont walk around calling ARod (or anyone else) a championship player. I understand that baseball is a team game.

                                Honestly I hold no ill will, nor was a nerve hit. I just was pointing out the history of Wilscum...even with great players. His interest in winning is next to zero. To believe otherwise is just not very smart.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X