Breaking my Citi Field boycott!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking my Citi Field boycott!!!

Last I was informed that part of my Christmas gift my girlfriend got tickets to the 2013 Home-Run Derby the day before the All Star Game.

AWESOME gift and I will gladly break my boycott for that.

Hypocrite.
    Put it in the books.

Comment

Why did you boycott Citi Field for?
      "(Shoeless Joe Jackson's fall from grace is one of the real tragedies of baseball. I always thought he was more sinned against than sinning." -- Connie Mack

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Fake Citi Field boycott fail!
        X
        What's THAT guy doing?
        - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
          Hypocrite.
          I know I know

Originally posted by chicagowhitesox1173 View Post
          Why did you boycott Citi Field for?
          Personal opinion but I refuse to give my good money for a product that is seriously sub-standard.

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
          Fake Citi Field boycott fail!
          Well sort of I guess, but I can still say that I havent paid to see the minor league team that plays there, and I am going to see some real professional players hit some homers.

Comment

Enjoy Citi Morgue!
            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

I wouldn't buy a ticket from the Wilpons myself and haven't since 2009.

I do go occasionally when there's a special occasion, though. I went to R.A. Dickey's 20th win, which was memorable, and unfortunately his swan song with the team. I'm glad I went.

Try not to spend any money on food, or anything else though. With a $75 million payroll, and crap team they'll be clearing a fortune this year. Why add more?

And just curious but what did the tickets cost? I didn't know you could buy tickets to the Home Run Derby separately from an entire strip of tickets to everything.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                And just curious but what did the tickets cost? I didn't know you could buy tickets to the Home Run Derby separately from an entire strip of tickets to everything.
                They were probably bought from a third-party seller who presumably doesn't physically have the tickets yet. Anyone with guaranteed purchase rights to All-Star strips is free to sell them in whatever configuration they want; Paulypal's girlfriend bought the Home Run Derby tickets from someone who may not have wanted to go to that part of All-Star Weekend (or might have felt they could get more money by selling tickets to individual events).
                X
                What's THAT guy doing?
                - one of the YES Network broadcasters, after the camera cut to me doing the thumbs-down after Todd Frazier's home run

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                  Well sort of I guess, but I can still say that I havent paid to see the minor league team that plays there, and I am going to see some real professional players hit some homers.
                  Point duly noted. And, Pauly, I genuinely hope you have a great time. It should be exciting! (...although I hope neither Wright nor Davis take part in it.) Still -- and no offense intended -- I can't help but wonder how your gf isn't aware of your militant stance regarding your CF boycott.
                  Put it in the books.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                    I wouldn't buy a ticket from the Wilpons myself and haven't since 2009. .
                    Since ground was broken on that pile of crap in Shea's parking lot, I have driven through Flushing Meadow Park...........That was in 2006.
                    No Roosevelt Ave.
                    No Northern Blvd.
                    It does not exist.
                    Last edited by WEB; 12-27-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

No need to feel guilty. That should be a great time. Are your seats in the Pepsi Porch?
                      :cap: Everything from parking to peanuts at the ballgame...check out www.BallparkEGuides.com! :cap:

Comment

Originally posted by milladrive View Post
                        Point duly noted. And, Pauly, I genuinely hope you have a great time. It should be exciting! (...although I hope neither Wright nor Davis take part in it.) Still -- and no offense intended -- I can't help but wonder how your gf isn't aware of your militant stance regarding your CF boycott.
                        My militant stance on BBF may come as ...well...militant, but in "real life"....I am really much more laid back about it. I just dont go, but I dont wear it on my sleeve.

Also she knows how much I love baseball (that I do wear on my sleeve), and she says I am a pain in the ass to buy a gift for so she has to think out of the box. Good thing!!

Comment

Originally posted by KurtDman24 View Post
                          No need to feel guilty. That should be a great time. Are your seats in the Pepsi Porch?
                          No - they are somewhere in the upper deck in left field.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Dunaier View Post
                            They were probably bought from a third-party seller who presumably doesn't physically have the tickets yet. Anyone with guaranteed purchase rights to All-Star strips is free to sell them in whatever configuration they want; Paulypal's girlfriend bought the Home Run Derby tickets from someone who may not have wanted to go to that part of All-Star Weekend (or might have felt they could get more money by selling tickets to individual events).
                            Yeah it is a third party, but I am afraid to ask the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                              No - they are somewhere in the upper deck in left field.
                              Best seats in the park. Anyone trying to convince you otherwise is motivated by hidden Political agendæ, whilst my words are pure and full of truth and laden with sincerity and high moral fiber (fibre).

:innocent:
                              X
                              What's THAT guy doing?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X