This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 Mets Season Thread

Well, it's been another year and baseball season is about to begin.

At some point this year we'll see if Travis d'Arnaud can join the list of Grote, Stearns, Carter and Piazza as star Mets catchers.

We'll see if Harvey and Wheeler can join the tradition of Seaver, Koosman, Matlack, Gooden, Darling, Cone and others (hopefully not the tradition of Leary, Isringhausen, Wilson, Pulsipher, etc.)

I wonder what we can expect from the outfield Alderson has put together?

Well, we'll see it all soon.

Play Ball!

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

I wonder if Fred thinks he's giving a thumbs-up to the actual team...

...and I also wonder if Jay Horwitz is testifying to the effect of one fast and easy way to boost your body's free testosterone...

X

Comment

I have but one thing to say:

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
          I didn't like that Jeff Wilpon costume.

The toupee looked even crappier than his real one. It reminded me of some kind of fur hat.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

THE NEW YORK METS HAVE WON THE PENNANT...

...in my dreams, and on my recording of their 1986 NLCS Game 6 victory over the Houston Astros.

(First time seeing the whole game game, as great as advertised...for once Tim McCarver didn't bother me, either! TRULY a Mets Miracle!)

Baseball season is here...OPENING DAY IS HERE...with all the agonizing Mets statuses to come, for one day at least...LET'S GO METS!

(And YES! The Mets/Padres match-up apparently was considered weak--erm, "special"--enough to be the MLB.TV Free Game of the Day, so even if DirecTV doesn't let me watch SNY free the first 10 days of the season, as they have the previous two years, I'm watching Opening Day Mets baseball today!)
            Last edited by Shea Knight; 04-01-2013, 03:53 AM.
            "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

If there's any good news to start the year, Frank Francisco is on the DL.

Comment

Any predictions here?

I'm thinking 72 wins.

- Collins leaves.
                - Mets promote next year's 2014 Miracle with Backman as manager and core of Ike, D'Arnaud, Harvey, the troubled and suspect Zack Wheeler, and captain David Wright.
                - They make noises about big moves in the free agent market and don't sign anyone. And we're here next spring having the same basic conversation with a slightly improved core and major holes on the roster.
                - Alderson's last full year. "The Plan" comes to an end. (It never really existed). DePo or Ricciardi take over as GM and change course. Wilpons vow "we're a big market team."
                Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                  Any predictions here?

I'm thinking 72 wins.

- Collins leaves.
                  - Mets promote next year's 2014 Miracle with Backman as manager and core of Ike, D'Arnaud, Harvey, the troubled and suspect Zack Wheeler, and captain David Wright.
                  - They make noises about big moves in the free agent market and don't sign anyone. And we're here next spring having the same basic conversation with a slightly improved core and major holes on the roster.
                  - Alderson's last full year. "The Plan" comes to an end. (It never really existed). DePo or Ricciardi take over as GM and change course. Wilpons vow "we're a big market team."
                  so Wheeler brushes back the next batter (or Hispanic batter) after the previous one Cadillaced around the bases after homering off him in an intrasquad game and he is now troubled and suspect.

78 wins. They are near .500 approaching the All Star break and make no moves at the trade deadline leading to several posters to endlessly grouse about management sitting pat when they were in the "race" for the second wildcard.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
                    the troubled and suspect Zack Wheeler,
                    Strawman - your hoping and praying that every Alderson move fails is very transparent.

I have to go with PV Nick here. I love the fact that he brushed the next guy back. LOVE IT. Too much hot-dogging going on. Some batter, and pitchers need baseballs giving them a shave.

Troubled and suspect? Good grief.

65-70 wins.

Comment

keep-calm-and-lets-go-mets.png

Let's Go Mets!!!!!!!
                      unknown brooklyn cabbie " how are the brooks doin"
                      unknown fan "good they got three men on base"
                      unknown brooklyn cabbie "which one?"

Comment

Colin Cowgill with the hit of the day (Grand slam). Wright with 2 steals, Neise solid. Ike Davis 0-5 with 4 SO. Ugh. Up 11-2 in the 8th, so far so good.

Comment

Mets win 11-2.
                          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

We need more Cowgill!!!!!

more-cowgill.jpg

Comment

Nice granny. The first Mets OD granny in 18 years.

Their Opening Day record is now 34-18. And that's after losing their first eight! At least Met fans can usually count on an OD win.

1 and 0. One game at a time.
                              Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X