Zack Wheeler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zack Wheeler

Is this kid legit? He looks good on the surface but I'm wonder what you all think?

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=554430
    WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Originally posted by Zito75 View Post
    Is this kid legit? He looks good on the surface but I'm wonder what you all think?

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats...pbp&pid=554430
    If it was up to me you would be asking this question on the Florida Marlin board or the Colorado Rock board because he would have been traded months ago when he had high value, and before our HOF catcher came down with another major injury in his early twenties.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      If it was up to me you would be asking this question on the Florida Marlin board or the Colorado Rock board because he would have been traded months ago when he had high value, and before our HOF catcher came down with another major injury in his early twenties.
      Here's an instance where Pauly is all over it. I have no patience for the "we have another Harvey coming along" crowd. You only get one of those. Wheeler is a trading chip to me.
      Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
        Here's an instance where Pauly is all over it. I have no patience for the "we have another Harvey coming along" crowd. You only get one of those. Wheeler is a trading chip to me.
        Strawman lets be clear Pauly is always all over it. Well most of the time..............................sometimes?

I agree with you on Wheeler obviously.

Comment

There was no way I was going to make a Harvey comparison - I'm just wondering if I should grab Wheeler for my money team and bench him till he gets the call? I'm guessing by mid-June he could be up?
          WAR? Prove it!

Trusted Traders: ttmman21, Dalkowski110, BoofBonser26, Kearns643, HudsonHarden, Extra Innings, MadHatter, Mike D., J.P., SShifflett

Comment

For every Harvey (i.e Seaver, Gooden etc), this franchise has proclaimed so many superstars that never panned out (F Mart, Generation K, etc).

I am still waiting to see SF Giants fans (let alone the actual team) complain that they somehow let Wheeler get away. I guess 2 World Series trophies in 3 seasons eases the pain.

And that HOF catcher, at the age of 24, (and still in AAA) is already 5 years older than Bench was when he came to MLB. And already older than Grote, Munson, Fisk, Piazza,Stearns etc...when they already were in MLB.

And none of them were already hurt 4 straight seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              For every Harvey (i.e Seaver, Gooden etc), this franchise has proclaimed so many superstars that never panned out (F Mart, Generation K, etc).

I am still waiting to see SF Giants fans (let alone the actual team) complain that they somehow let Wheeler get away. I guess 2 World Series trophies in 3 seasons eases the pain.

And that HOF catcher, at the age of 24, (and still in AAA) is already 5 years older than Bench was when he came to MLB. And already older than Grote, Munson, Fisk, Piazza,Stearns etc...when they already were in MLB.

And none of them were already hurt 4 straight seasons.
              Well I don't think you would hear any complaints until Wheeler comes up and does something on the MLB level. Until then he is just still a prospect.

D'Arnaud? Who knows whats going to happen, but it sure doesn't look too good.

Comment

OTOH Reyes is hurt again. Dickey is off to a rocky start. Giancarlo Stanton was hitting .227 with 3 HR and 9 RBI before going on the DL. Sometimes things suck all over.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                  OTOH Reyes is hurt again. Dickey is off to a rocky start. Giancarlo Stanton was hitting .227 with 3 HR and 9 RBI before going on the DL. Sometimes things suck all over.
                  True, but I would still trade Wheeler/Darnaud for Stanton right now.

Comment

True, but I would still trade Wheeler/Darnaud for Stanton right now.
                    Just trying to balance things out.

Comment

Mets aren't bringing him up already, are they? He last pitched on Sunday, isn't going tonight and both Saturday & Sunday's games list TBA as starters for Las Vegas.
                      "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                        Mets aren't bringing him up already, are they? He last pitched on Sunday, isn't going tonight and both Saturday & Sunday's games list TBA as starters for Las Vegas.
                        Hey aren't you the guy that once almost hit a Matt Harvey pitching line on the screws? I heard about you. Amazing stuff.

Comment

Was just asking a simple question...

Looks like Wheeler's due to go today for LV. I assume it was listed TBA because of the rainout earlier in the week.
                          "Chuckie doesn't take on 2-0. Chuckie's hackin'." - Chuck Carr two days prior to being released by the Milwaukee Brewers

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Grimm View Post
                            Was just asking a simple question...

Looks like Wheeler's due to go today for LV. I assume it was listed TBA because of the rainout earlier in the week.
                            Was just kidding with you. I think your right on Wheeler by the way.

Comment

Was just kidding with you. I think your right on Wheeler by the way.
                              I kind of figured you were, Pauly.

There was an interesting article by Martino (not sure which NY paper he writes for) about the chances of Wheeler being brought within the next week or two. What interested me were the opposing reasonings by people either from the front office or close to the Mets - they were anonymous, of course.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X