Wilmer Flores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilmer Flores

We've been hearing about Wilmer Flores for six years now.

He got his first Major League hit tonight.

Hopefully we'll be hearing a lot more about him in the future.

I think he deserves his own thread.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

I guess if Jiordany Valdespin gets his own thread, why not Flores?

Comment

Thoughts on Flores? Trade bait? 2B, SS or maybe LF? Would he be any worse than Duda was?

I would love to see him at SS for the rest of the season but could any sane baseball fan think an IF with Murphy and Flores up the middle be a good idea? Could Flores along with Syndegard bring in a better quality SS? Could Flores and maybe Colon bring in a decent LF prospect from a contending team?

Comment

Reviving this thread.

It's not impossible that the best offensive year from any Met may come from Wilmer Flores (who, btw, looks pretty good at SS too)

Spring training rules apply, I know - but the bat is quick and deadly.
        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
          Reviving this thread.

It's not impossible that the best offensive year from any Met may come from Wilmer Flores (who, btw, looks pretty good at SS too)

Tony Perez is waiting for the competition.

Looks good at short?? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
            Tony Perez is waiting for the competition.

Looks good at short?? Really?
            Uh yeah, so far this spring he looks good at SS. And hammering the ball as well.
            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Uh yeah, so far this spring he looks good at SS. And hammering the ball as well.
              I am hoping for the Jeff Kent syndrome for Flores at SS. You know -- he hits so good you can over look the defense.

Comment

I am hoping for the Jeff Kent syndrome for Flores at SS. You know -- he hits so good you can over look the defense.
                I think he may be better defensively than Murphy - a low bar, perhaps. On a par with Duda as 1B or Cuddyer in OF.

Comment

I think he may be better defensively than Murphy - a low bar, perhaps. On a par with Duda as 1B or Cuddyer in OF.
                  Low bar? Limbo anyone?

Comment

Reviving this thread.

Maybe SS isn't so much of a need after all? Maybe the "four fools" from the front office did something right for once? Still way to early but it is obvious he does have talent.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                      Maybe SS isn't so much of a need after all? Maybe the "four fools" from the front office did something right for once? Still way to early but it is obvious he does have talent.
                      Let's go over/under on defense for young Wilmer (hitting .462 this spring).

Over:

Duda
                      Cuddyer
                      Granderson
                      Murphy
                      Recker

Under:

Lagares
                      Wright
                      D'Arnaud

So, big potential bat, ok range, strong arm, strong hands, makes the typical play, not gonna make the Ozzie Smith plays.

Also, better than anyone shy of Tulo that the Mets were linked to this off-season.

Comment

Over:

Duda
                        Cuddyer
                        Granderson
                        Murphy
                        Recker

Under:

Lagares
                        Wright
                        D'Arnaud

So, big potential bat, ok range, strong arm, strong hands, makes the typical play, not gonna make the Ozzie Smith plays.

Also, better than anyone shy of Tulo that the Mets were linked to this off-season.
                        Flores working out at SS could be huge for the Mets. Lets hope he keeps it up.

Comment

Over:

Duda
                          Cuddyer
                          Granderson
                          Murphy
                          Recker

Under:

Lagares
                          Wright
                          D'Arnaud

I hope your right on Flores.

I think your putting a little too much on his .462 in ST. Dont get me wrong -- its a good sign, but we have seen ST studs before. Butch Huskey anyone?

Wilmer has played well enough so that SS is his position - Let hope he runs with it.

Comment

I hope your right on Flores.

I think your putting a little too much on his .462 in ST. Dont get me wrong -- its a good sign, but we have seen ST studs before. Butch Huskey anyone?

Wilmer has played well enough so that SS is his position - Let hope he runs with it.
                            It's funny, when you do go position by position you realize how weak this team is defensively. Yeah, we have All World CF but that's about it....

Comment

It's funny, when you do go position by position you realize how weak this team is defensively. Yeah, we have All World CF but that's about it....
                              I am hoping the pitching can over come the defensive liability.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X