Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mets Kicked Off WFAN, Replaced By Yankees

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by mandrake View Post
    The best segment EVER on sports TV is when Rome kept calling Jim Everett "Chris Everet".. Jim went on the show just daring him to say Chris to his face....which Rome did and in a flash Rome was on the floor terrified. Everett was just hoping Rome made the slightest move....of course Rome was too scared to breathe. Rome should have did the old 'hold me back' game to save face.....but he was just too petrified to move.

    The idea of making fun of an NFL player (and a football Giant KILLER at that) and when he gives you a love tap you turtle on the ground.....how the hell can he still be on TV or radio.
    I remember that very clearly. Rome, being the wimp that he is, wanted Everett to attempt to hit him to file a lawsuit I am sure. Everett probably wanted to clean his clock but thought better of it.

    For months he was actually calling Jim Everett "soft" which led to the "Chris" comments. Then Jim Everett knocks him on his ass as I am sure Chris Everett could also.

    Jim Rome is everything wrong with sports, and society in general. His type is just vile. I wouldn't listen or watch his show if I was paid.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      I remember that very clearly. Rome, being the wimp that he is, wanted Everett to attempt to hit him to file a lawsuit I am sure. Everett probably wanted to clean his clock but thought better of it.

      For months he was actually calling Jim Everett "soft" which led to the "Chris" comments. Then Jim Everett knocks him on his ass as I am sure Chris Everett could also.

      Jim Rome is everything wrong with sports, and society in general. His type is just vile. I wouldn't listen or watch his show if I was paid.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZugORd05rMQ


      Everett is 6 foot 5. He had remarkable restraint in not beating the lil coward senseless.......even though if I was on the jury, I'd let him off. I also remember when John McEnroe told Mike Lupica.......'any time , any place, even any sport'


      And it's OT...but if anyone wonders why I don't go to Jets games anymore...check out the cowardly drunk jerk stuffed in a Chrebet Jersey punching a woman in the face at yesterday's games. Gotta wear your colors , man !!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-1MLuZy8Jo
      Last edited by mandrake; 10-21-2013, 05:53 AM.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
        I remember that very clearly. Rome, being the wimp that he is, wanted Everett to attempt to hit him to file a lawsuit I am sure. Everett probably wanted to clean his clock but thought better of it.

        For months he was actually calling Jim Everett "soft" which led to the "Chris" comments. Then Jim Everett knocks him on his ass as I am sure Chris Everett could also.

        Jim Rome is everything wrong with sports, and society in general. His type is just vile. I wouldn't listen or watch his show if I was paid.
        No question! Chris Everett was a world class athlete who could easily dispatch the like of Jim Rome. A mere backhand would do it.
        Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Strawman View Post
          No question! Chris Everett was a world class athlete who could easily dispatch the like of Jim Rome. A mere backhand would do it.


          LOL - nice. There isnt too much I wouldnt pay to see that on Pay Per View.

          Comment


          • #50
            I'm
            Originally posted by drdg View Post
            the mets are back to where they should be
            or where the Brooklyn Dodgers crazy Wilpon's want them

            WOR-radio
            and WEPN or WHN (the Brooklyn dodgers radio station (LOL)) in spanish
            and it won't be long before they are back on WOR-TV
            the former tv station of the Brooklyn dodgers
            http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/123456
            The second season after being dumped by WFAN the WS will be broadcast locally by the new station. I wonder if FAN has any regrets?

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
              I'm

              The second season after being dumped by WFAN the WS will be broadcast locally by the new station. I wonder if FAN has any regrets?
              I doubt it. WFAN knows that based upon history over the long haul who the thoroughbred is and who is the once every 10 year team.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                I doubt it. WFAN knows that based upon history over the long haul who the thoroughbred is and who is the once every 10 year team.
                No doubt. But you can't look in the rearview mirror forever. I imagine they are in the business to predict future trends as well. And maybe that's what they've come up with.

                I read game three Mets/Cubs was the highest rated TBS sporting event ever.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                  I'm

                  The second season after being dumped by WFAN the WS will be broadcast locally by the new station. I wonder if FAN has any regrets?
                  I sure hope they do.... It still disturbs me to this day to turn on to WFAN and hear a Yankee Game; sounds dirty. This is made worse by the fact that they Mets were a highly touted prospective team and they had a chance to pick up both teams (and split their simulcast on their AM FM stations) and instead selected only one.... idiots at CBS.

                  I don't blame the Wilpons for giving WFAN the shaft and not giving them ANY guests to put on.
                  :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

                  Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
                  Thanks Sandy Alderson.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                    No doubt. But you can't look in the rearview mirror forever. I imagine they are in the business to predict future trends as well. And maybe that's what they've come up with.

                    I read game three Mets/Cubs was the highest rated TBS sporting event ever.
                    That's not saying much. The Cubs are a media obsession for casual fans worldwide. I also wonder how ratings stacked up to what they'd been when the series was on national broadcast TV. The NLCS has no business being on TBS. MLB is marginalizing itself like the NHL.


                    "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                      Jim Rome is everything wrong with sports, and society in general. His type is just vile. I wouldn't listen or watch his show if I was paid.
                      Can we include Colin Cowherd in this conversation?

                      Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                      The NLCS has no business being on TBS. MLB is marginalizing itself like the NHL.
                      Bud Selig sold out baseball's present at the expense of it's future. EvilSPN's love affair with the NFL and NCAAF doesn't help matters either.
                      If I had only spent a tenth of the time studying Physics that I spent learning Star Wars and Baseball trivia, I would have won the Nobel Prize.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Allie Fox View Post
                        Can we include Colin Cowherd in this conversation?



                        Bud Selig sold out baseball's present at the expense of it's future. EvilSPN's love affair with the NFL and NCAAF doesn't help matters either.
                        Yes include Cowherd at will.

                        Agreed on ESPN - they are now just a spin off of the NFL Network. Baseball playoffs are going on and they are talking about zone coverage between two teams that have a total of 2 wins in week 7 like its the Super Bowl. Disney, ABC, ESPN - the true Evil Empire.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                          That's not saying much. The Cubs are a media obsession for casual fans worldwide. I also wonder how ratings stacked up to what they'd been when the series was on national broadcast TV. The NLCS has no business being on TBS. MLB is marginalizing itself like the NHL.
                          The Mets - Cubs and Mets- Dodgers were crushed by the NFL on a Thursday night and a Sunday night. NY and LA, NY and Chi. The top 3 cities and MLB was crushed by 2 NFL games (I think Indy-Patriots, Saints-Falcons)

                          In 2014 the entire Cards-Giants series was on FS 1 . Lowest rated series ever. Many people don't get the station; I get it on channel 400 which means you not only have to have a digital box, you must purchase the sports tier. In 2015 the American league is stuck on FS 1. College Football last Saturday outdrew MLB. I am willing to predict if there is an ALCS game 7 on saturday, it will lose big in the ratings to college football.

                          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...vision_ratings Check out MLB in the 1980's and today.

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X