2013 New York Mets MVP & TSA Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 New York Mets MVP & TSA Poll

Well, the Mets have yet to find a winning season since the move to Citi Field. Five straight years. But the question must be asked, who do you feel can be considered the New York Mets' 2013 most valuable player(s)?

The "Most Valuable Player" and "Tom Seaver Award" are, as has been the case in the past few seasons, in the same poll. The pitcher with the most votes will be awarded Baseball-Fever's annual TSA. If the player with the most votes also happens to be a pitcher, then he will be considered BBF's Mets MVP as well.

To qualify for this ballot, position players must have appeared in at least twenty-five (25) games and pitchers must have appeared in at least ten (10) games for the New York Mets during the 2013 season.

Feel free to vote for anywhere between one and five players.

The poll is expired.

Put it in the books.

Murphy is the everyday MVP - can't go for Wright or Harvey because of shortened seasons.

But can go go Harvey for the Seaver award, best pitcher of the year.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

If I'd only been allowed one, it'd have been a toss-up between Harvey and Wright.

I went with those two (obvious) Wheeler and Gee (more for what their emergence/turnaround means for the future than what it meant for this year, since this year was practically a tryout for 2014-15, and I thought Murphy deserved some recognition for his bat and efforts to improve, so I went with him to round out my 5...on a side note, I really do hope they keep Murph, regardless of the position...I liked Flores too, the little I saw of him...I'd be sad to see Ike go, but he's been very hot and cold, so we'll see.)
      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

David Wright led the team with 5.4 offensive WAR while Juan Lagares led the team with 3.5 defensive WAR.

Using the eye test, I liked Lagares' glove and outfield catches and assists:

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=28515337
        http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=29911019
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Byrd
          Gee
          Harvey
          Murphy
          Wright

Comment

Murphy and Harvey for pretty much the same reasons as Strawman had.

Comment

Murphy for sure for me.

Comment

Is this vote up above just for MVP?

Comment

I also voted for Murphy and Harvey for pretty much the same reasons as Strawman had.
                  "You don't give up any runs,we'll guarantee you
                  at least a tie." ~ Grote to Koosman

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
                    Is this vote up above just for MVP?
                    For all intent and purposes, yes. However, the Tom Seaver Award also gives us our leading pitcher.

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                    Byrd
                    Gee
                    Harvey
                    Murphy
                    Wright
                    WOW! My same five!
                    Put it in the books.

Comment

Seems we have co-winners of our 2013 Mets MVP. With nine votes each, Matt Harvey and Daniel Murphy get the award. Harvey also receives the 2013 Tom Seaver Award.

Eleven voters opined:

Code:
                      PLAYER           VOTES   PCT

Matt Harvey        9    81.82%
                      Daniel Murphy      9    81.82%
                      Dillon Gee         6    54.55%
                      David Wright       6    54.55%
                      Marlon Byrd        5    45.45%
                      Bobby Parnell      1     9.09%
                      Zack Wheeler       1     9.09%
                      Hopefully, 2014 will give us a bit more energy. ...although I highly doubt it.
                      Put it in the books.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X