• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis Granderson

Is it really rather Grandish?

Mets Sign Curtis Granderson To Four Year, $60 Million Deal
    http://metsmerizedonline.com/2013/12...lion-deal.html
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

The Grandy Man can come to New York, and hopefully not be next in line after Bay, Bonilla, Foster ...

Comment

I could understand why some of you guys may not like the signing, but Granderson is a significant upgrade in the outfield. That much we can agree on.

Comment

Oh yes, Granderson is >>> Duda if for no other reason he can play the OF.

Comment

Love his speed, expect alot of doubles and triples from him. He does strikes out way too much for my taste. If they push the fences back he may not try to uppercut as much and will have many more quality at bats and be a better hitter for average; he did pretty good in the confines of Detroit.
          Last edited by trepye; 12-06-2013, 11:30 AM.
          :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
          Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

Originally posted by CokeMachineGlow View Post
            I could understand why some of you guys may not like the signing, but Granderson is a significant upgrade in the outfield. That much we can agree on.
            No question he's an upgrade. I worry about how he'll do in that lineup, and whether K's will drag the Mets down - but an improvement? Yes, no doubt.
            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
              The Grandy Man can come to New York, and hopefully not be next in line after Bay, Bonilla, Foster ...
              Granderson has been a Yankee for about four years, so I'm not particularly worried about his ability to perform with the Mets. Also, as long as Granderson doesn't get concussed, I don't see him having the same problems as Bay.

Comment

Never count on anything- especially when the player's over 30. Granderson will be 33 next year- by no means ancient, but his best years are almost certainly behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by CokeMachineGlow View Post
                  No argument here. He is an upgrade over what they had. Then again - a sock with holes in it is an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by trepye View Post
                    Love his speed, expect alot of doubles and triples from him. He does strikes out way too much for my taste. If they push the fences back he may not try to uppercut as much and will have many more quality at bats and be a better hitter for average; he did pretty good in the confines of Detroit.
                    I think they should push the fences back to Great Neck, and even then if someone hits it over the fence he should be fined and suspended.

Just comical.

Comment

David Wright whiffed 161 times in 2010, setting a Mets record. Granderson should pass that by September 1st, assuming he stays healthy. Also, over his last FIVE seasons, Granderson is a .246-hitter, overall. Contact is not part of his game. I suspect Mets fans will get tired of him very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                        I think they should push the fences back to Great Neck, and even then if someone hits it over the fence he should be fined and suspended.

Just comical.
                        No matter what, it is ALWAYS push the fence back with someone. Always. Deep down must be some Yankee Stadium short porch thing ..................

Comment

An upgrade, but I wish he wasn't turning 33 in March.
                          "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                            a sock with holes
                            Who is his agent?
                            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

If Granderson stays healthy I'm thinking somewhere around .250/.330/.460 with above average defense at a corner outfield spot. Not quite a star at this point, but a pretty good Major League ballplayer. Those who consider him a top flight star will probably be disappointed.

"Citi" Field doesn't just have large dimensions; the ball doesn't carry well there. I still think 25-30 home runs is possible based on home road splits. The Yankee Stadium effect is there but he hits homeruns everywhere.

I think he'll be a 2.4-3.2 WAR player - if he stays healthy - with a progressive decline until the end of his contract.

I also think his presence will shut the fans up for a little while; maybe even the rest of the off-season. From the organization's perspective I think this is one of his main roles right now. Of course this will boomerang back in extra focus on him, which means if anything goes wrong the usual ugliness and fan abuse will ensue. This is one of the negatives that occurs when insufficient solutions are peddled as sufficient.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X