Bartolo Colon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NJYankeeFan View Post
    Batting order is usually irrelevant. Sometimes protection even hurts.
    First time I've ever heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
      First time I've ever heard that.
      Look at Cano this year.

But there are very few examples where it can be shown to help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Colon was excellent last night.

Another wasted pitching performance

Comment

Since May 10, Colon's ERA is 5.56. In 87.1 innings, he is 5-9 with 111 hits allowed. Opponents are hitting .303/.331/.471 against him.

This season, he is tied for the eighth-worst ERA+ in the major leagues among the 98 pitchers with 100+ innings pitched. In the NL, he has the fifth-worst ERA+.

Comment

Bartolo Colon named National League Player of the Week:
            http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2352432
            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
              Bartolo Colon named National League Player of the Week:
              http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...icle-1.2352432
              Gotta love Bart. He has become one of my favorite Met characters in recent years.
              Last edited by Paulypal; 09-08-2015, 02:04 PM.

Comment

That behind the back flip was worth the price of admission.

Comment

The Colon thread has become pretty quiet lately. Maybe I should search "Colin Mchugh" so I can have something to read with my morning coffee!!

Another professional start for Colon last night. Newspapers saying he may not have spot on team for playoff's. I find that ridiculous. I also think he will get at least one start before all is said and done.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
                    The Colon thread has become pretty quiet lately. Maybe I should search "Colin Mchugh" so I can have something to read with my morning coffee!!

Another professional start for Colon last night. Newspapers saying he may not have spot on team for playoff's. I find that ridiculous. I also think he will get at least one start before all is said and done.
                    FWIW, his record against teams outside the NL East is 1-10, with a 5.85 ERA.

Comment

Since you brought it up McHugh won again last night. He's 16-7 with a 3.89 ERA in the A.L. He makes league minimum this season and is under team control until 2020.

But Colon was signed at 2/$20M. He's here now. Might as well put him on the playoff roster. He's been very good lately.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
                        It certainly helps that the NLE is so amazingly awful.
                        1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
                        The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

His real stinkers have come against three NL teams- the Brewers, the Rockies and the Cardinals.
                          In the AL he hasn't been stellar against the Jays.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                            His real stinkers have come against three NL teams- the Brewers, the Rockies and the Cardinals.
                            In the AL he hasn't been stellar against the Jays.
                            Colon has had 5 really bad games. Besides that he has been excellent over all.

Comment

Fuzzy math. Colon has taken the ball in a pennant race and been the teams most dependable starter the last month of the season. He is 42 years old!! Give the guy some credit.

I love it when people go to great lengths telling everyone when they are right but spend little time commenting on their mistakes. I guess many still have a need to be the smartest kid in the sixth grade. Sad, but worth the read.

Comment

Fuzzy math. Colon has taken the ball in a pennant race and been the teams most dependable starter the last month of the season. He is 42 years old!! Give the guy some credit.

I love it when people go to great lengths telling everyone when they are right but spend little time commenting on their mistakes. I guess many still have a need to be the smartest kid in the sixth grade. Sad, but worth the read.
                                If you read this forum as a whole you would never know that the Mets have pulled off some kind of miracle in 2015 by even doing what they have done so far.

Colon has been a big part of that (literally and figuratively).

I agree some people are just more consumed with being correct instead of being happy that maybe...just maybe they were wrong but the Mets are the beneficiary of the their misjudgement.

The Colon signing has had its detractors from day one. I always liked the move and I think it has worked out well. Others will comment on his bad starts. Has he been great? No, but at this point he has 28 wins in 2 years as well as thrown near 370 innings. High ERA? Yes..higher than we would like but i guess you cant have everything.

Now its - well he only pitches well against teams in his own crappy division. If you want to knock someone I guess you can find enough information to knock anybody you like.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X