Can you name this Mets player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
    Only a weak baseball mind would try to "change his approach" to a freaking ballpark - I hope that's not the case with Wright, I like to think it's the beaning myself. You hit the ball where it's pitched, and you try to get a pitch you can hit hard. If David Wright is trying to hit homeruns in Citi Field he's a much more limited baseball player than we all thought - and certainly shouldn't be "captain" or "face of the franchise" - because it's pathetic. There are tons of doubles and triples and base hits in Citi Field - and perhaps 4-5 fewer HRs per year - for David Wright to find.

If he "changed his approach" it's entirely on him.

Also if I may, this constant harping on "agendas" is tiresome. It's just a dismissive way of describing someone's point of view or world view. We have all have views - we all have "agendas." It's too loaded a term for these discussions, I think.
    Ok so now I heard what I need to know. Good - at least I know where you are on it.

You think a weak minded player changes his approach based upon ball park conditions? That is actually pretty amazing that anyone would have that opinion. So now David Wright is going to hit a ton of triples? Hit it where its pitched........exactly. He was able to do that with success. Now its a long out... You make enough long outs the player naturally will look for another way to succeed. Therefore changing his approach. If you cant understand that then maybe you should start preparing for your fantasy football draft.

The worst part of the equation here is that this disgusting excuse for a park was built after the Mets had a power hitting lineup....just goes to show how out of touch ownership is with its own team.

As far as "agendas" are concerned for almost 5 years you have had an anti Alderson/Wright agenda and a Pro Reyes agenda..........now your complaining about someone mentioning it when your posts are always slanted that way...........including the post I just responded to.

Comment

Um, check out Mel Ott's home and away batting splits and see if you might reconsider the whole weak mind notion.

I would think that only the most stubborn of souls would, when circumstances (ballpark) changed and the results of the previous way you did things were much worse, refuse to change their approach. One might say that is how a simpleton would do it or biologically, an extinct species.

Comment

Originally posted by PVNICK View Post
        Um, check out Mel Ott's home and away batting splits and see if you might reconsider the whole weak mind notion.

I would think that only the most stubborn of souls would, when circumstances (ballpark) changed and the results of the previous way you did things were much worse, refuse to change their approach. One might say that is how a simpleton would do it or biologically, an extinct species.
        Exactly. The thing that is so bizarre about Wright's situation is that he just didn't come into this park as a rookie. They actually changed it on him mid career. They went from a pitchers park to a monstrosity of a pitchers park.

The only other team I can think of that did something like that was the Tigers. They went from the old hitter friendly stadium to more of a pitchers park. I am not sure who was on the roster who may have had the same effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
          Ok so now I heard what I need to know. Good - at least I know where you are on it.

You think a weak minded player changes his approach based upon ball park conditions? That is actually pretty amazing that anyone would have that opinion. So now David Wright is going to hit a ton of triples? Hit it where its pitched........exactly. He was able to do that with success. Now its a long out... You make enough long outs the player naturally will look for another way to succeed. Therefore changing his approach. If you cant understand that then maybe you should start preparing for your fantasy football draft.

The worst part of the equation here is that this disgusting excuse for a park was built after the Mets had a power hitting lineup....just goes to show how out of touch ownership is with its own team.

As far as "agendas" are concerned for almost 5 years you have had an anti Alderson/Wright agenda and a Pro Reyes agenda..........now your complaining about someone mentioning it when your posts are always slanted that way...........including the post I just responded to.
          Two things:

1. How is it not on Wright that he focuses entirely on trying to hit the ball out of Citi Field? That's the only excuse that fairly uses the size of the park - DW's trying to hit homers and can't. "The park got in his head." It should not change singles, doubles, triples, walks, strikeouts etc. Or quite frankly, road performance. Yet all the numbers have decreased. Why? You claim it's the dimensions of the home ballpark - a park that (as I've posted in other threads) is statistically not the worst in the NL or MLB - it's a pitcher's park but at the top of the bottom third. It doesn't add up.

2. How is an opinion an "agenda?" I don't call your insistence on white-washing Alderson's performance by blaming the owners exclusively as an "agenda" - it's just your opinion. Agenda seems to indicate something semi-hidden. I'm pretty up front here about what I think...I think?
          Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
            Two things:

1. How is it not on Wright that he focuses entirely on trying to hit the ball out of Citi Field? That's the only excuse that fairly uses the size of the park - DW's trying to hit homers and can't. "The park got in his head." It should not change singles, doubles, triples, walks, strikeouts etc. Or quite frankly, road performance. Yet all the numbers have decreased. Why? You claim it's the dimensions of the home ballpark - a park that (as I've posted in other threads) is statistically not the worst in the NL or MLB - it's a pitcher's park but at the top of the bottom third. It doesn't add up.

2. How is an opinion an "agenda?" I don't call your insistence on white-washing Alderson's performance by blaming the owners exclusively as an "agenda" - it's just your opinion. Agenda seems to indicate something semi-hidden. I'm pretty up front here about what I think...I think?
            Strawman - I have said it a thousand times about a hitters approach so much so that it doesn't bear repeating, but that really is an answer to part 1.

Part 2 - Fair enough. I hear ya.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X