Jacob deGrom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bosox1 View Post
    I hate the Yanks and am indifferent toward the Mets, but the Mets should have traded or should trade Jake this offseason. Should have traded with Yanks. I'm glad the Yanks didn't.
    A good trade would be deGrom for Mookie Betts. Done.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

"Done?" That's what the Mets are for the next 3 years, agree? I don't mean to be mean. I don't get the MEts. You don;t have one big bat you can rely on and you don't have any studs in the minors that will help next year other than 1b Alonso, but how much will he help?

And where do you think you are going in the division? The Braves for example have a weakness in pitching but they have three pitchers ranked very high each one expected to come in 2018, 2019, and 2020 plus they have money to spend. They have one position players ranked higher than the Mets best position player in Alonso that is coming up in 2019. The Braves also have three other pitchers and one other batter in the top 100. All-in-all the Braves have 9 guys in the top 100, the Mets have 4. Your answer is that you'll beat the Braves one-dimensionally?

And if you think your team has a brighter future than Philly, you must think Machado will choose Mets over Philly. Good luck with that.

You are set up to be a future 3rd place team that doesn't look to spend a lot of money. You spend decent amount but not a lot. Good luck.

And btw, The Red Sox have won the division two straight years and will probably win this year and will probably have the best record in baseball. They don't NEED to trade Mookie. Your Mets - do you really see a pretty good hitting team next year or the year after? If so, great - you have a real good hitting team without trading him- then maybe you don't need to trade deGrom. Honestly you don't though, do you? Thus it's almost laughable that you're going to try to win playing one-dimensional baseball. I say "almost" because ofc there could be surprises. Good luck with that.
      Last edited by bosox1; 09-01-2018, 03:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post

If you're cool the last two years (this year and last year) how well your team has been playing and the prospects for next year- great-- no skin off my back. If you thought so though I think you'd be crazy. Anyways, good luck.
        Last edited by bosox1; 09-01-2018, 03:19 PM.

Comment

If you're cool the last two years (this year and last year) how well your team has been playing and the prospects for next year- great-- no skin off my back. If you thought so though I think you'd be crazy. Anyways, good luck.
          I like the Red Sox. Don’t worry about the Mets. Except in 2 weeks.

Comment

Why don't you want to trade him? I don't understand. I hear Evan on WFAN and his comments make little sense. At one point he is arguing with Chris Moore - he brings up mediocre players traded for "lottery picks" and he somehow tries to correlate the same by saying if you trade deGrom it would be the same as only getting a similar lottery ticket. That thinking is flawed. When you trade Jake you are getting more than a lottery.

Secondly, I hear the tired comments of if you trade Jake then yoru trading the pitcher you need. That's flawed too. Is Jake the only starter in baseball capable? You mean none of your other starters are capable of being a good 2? If you say yes - none are-- then where are young going without a number 2? You can't have it both ways. You need bats too. . .

Comment

Why don't you want to trade him? I don't understand. I hear Evan on WFAN and his comments make little sense. At one point he is arguing with Chris Moore - he brings up mediocre players traded for "lottery picks" and he somehow tries to correlate the same by saying if you trade deGrom it would be the same as only getting a similar lottery ticket. That thinking is flawed. When you trade Jake you are getting more than a lottery.

Secondly, I hear the tired comments of if you trade Jake then yoru trading the pitcher you need. That's flawed too. Is Jake the only starter in baseball capable? You mean none of your other starters are capable of being a good 2? If you say yes - none are-- then where are young going without a number 2? You can't have it both ways. You need bats too. . .
              I enjoy watching him pitch and going to games when he pitches. He’s our guy.

Comment

"Done?" That's what the Mets are for the next 3 years, agree? I don't mean to be mean. I don't get the MEts. You don;t have one big bat you can rely on and you don't have any studs in the minors that will help next year other than 1b Alonso, but how much will he help?

And where do you think you are going in the division? The Braves for example have a weakness in pitching but they have three pitchers ranked very high each one expected to come in 2018, 2019, and 2020 plus they have money to spend. They have one position players ranked higher than the Mets best position player in Alonso that is coming up in 2019. The Braves also have three other pitchers and one other batter in the top 100. All-in-all the Braves have 9 guys in the top 100, the Mets have 4. Your answer is that you'll beat the Braves one-dimensionally?

And if you think your team has a brighter future than Philly, you must think Machado will choose Mets over Philly. Good luck with that.

You are set up to be a future 3rd place team that doesn't look to spend a lot of money. You spend decent amount but not a lot. Good luck.

And btw, The Red Sox have won the division two straight years and will probably win this year and will probably have the best record in baseball. They don't NEED to trade Mookie. Your Mets - do you really see a pretty good hitting team next year or the year after? If so, great - you have a real good hitting team without trading him- then maybe you don't need to trade deGrom. Honestly you don't though, do you? Thus it's almost laughable that you're going to try to win playing one-dimensional baseball. I say "almost" because ofc there could be surprises. Good luck with that.
                Basically you see what we have to put up
                with in Mets forums : a shill for ownership that defends the Wilponzis 24/7/365 .

Back in another era ( the mid to late 70's ) all Mets fans were also Red Sox fans since our inferiority complex meant that we had to hope somebody could stop the Yankees. The Mets aimed to prevent 100 losses and the Yankees aimed for 100 wins. Fans like myself used to listen to Red Sox games on the radio on school nights with the ear plug from the transistor radio - I listened on WTIC from Hartford which had a strong signal into Greenpoint , Brooklyn .

Most of the ever dwindling Mets fan base on this forum are a lot more reasonable than Pollyanna shills . Most of us know that after 1969 , that staff of Seaver , Koosman, Ryan, Gentry and then Matlack , never won another WS - even individually on other teams . There is no reason to believe Harvey , "Thor ", Jacob , and Matz will ever carry this crappy franchise to a WS trophy . Harvey was the ace , he's gone . Then Thor , ahem , was the ace and he has become injury prone . Matz pitches one good game a month . Wheeler has finally pitched well after 7 long years of garbage . deGrom is having a great season , but he is 30 . I think Wheeler will turn30 in the off season .

Wilpon trolls post nonsense like Travis d'arnaud will be the next Buster
                Posey - 6 years later we are atill
                waiting . Ike Davis , Lucas Duda , F Mart , Tejada , Dom Smith etc etc etc all busts heavily promoted by people who probably couldn't hit whiffle ball but act like experts with the key board .

Anyway , baseball needs a Red Sox vs Cubs World Series . Good luck .

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

Basically you see what we have to put up
                  with in Mets forums : a shill for ownership that defends the Wilponzis 24/7/365 .

Back in another era ( the mid to late 70's ) all Mets fans were also Red Sox fans since our inferiority complex meant that we had to hope somebody could stop the Yankees. The Mets aimed to prevent 100 losses and the Yankees aimed for 100 wins. Fans like myself used to listen to Red Sox games on the radio on school nights with the ear plug from the transistor radio - I listened on WTIC from Hartford which had a strong signal into Greenpoint , Brooklyn .

Most of the ever dwindling Mets fan base on this forum are a lot more reasonable than Pollyanna shills . Most of us know that after 1969 , that staff of Seaver , Koosman, Ryan, Gentry and then Matlack , never won another WS - even individually on other teams . There is no reason to believe Harvey , "Thor ", Jacob , and Matz will ever carry this crappy franchise to a WS trophy . Harvey was the ace , he's gone . Then Thor , ahem , was the ace and he has become injury prone . Matz pitches one good game a month . Wheeler has finally pitched well after 7 long years of garbage . deGrom is having a great season , but he is 30 . I think Wheeler will turn30 in the off season .

Wilpon trolls post nonsense like Travis d'arnaud will be the next Buster
                  Posey - 6 years later we are atill
                  waiting . Ike Davis , Lucas Duda , F Mart , Tejada , Dom Smith etc etc etc all busts heavily promoted by people who probably couldn't hit whiffle ball but act like experts with the key board .

Anyway , baseball needs a Red Sox vs Cubs World Series . Good luck .
                  All Mets fans? Speak for yourself, how’s LEGO Land?

Comment

Well you heard it. "He is our guy" The team absolutely sucks but we have "a guy".

Comment

• deGrom is now in the top-10 all-time for bWAR as a Met (27.2, barely edging out Jon Matlack's 27.1). This after 5 full seasons. So... yeah. Kid's really good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                        Here's a pitcher who was overshadowed by others in the Mets' farm system.

Truth is he's got better peripherals now as a Major Leaguer than he ever did in the Minors. Then again he switched to pitching after being mostly an infielder in college. He then had Tommy John surgery and missed 2011. He only started logging significant innings in 2012. Apparently he's gotten better and better.

Another good late-ish (9th Round in 2010) draft pick by Omar Minaya.

Quite a pleasant surprise.

Discuss.
                        That was the first post in this thread.

From a humble start, Jacob deGrom has risen to become the best pitcher in baseball this year. He just won 29 out of 30 first place votes to become the 2018 NL Cy Young Award winner.

From a wider perspective, Jake's win largely negates W-L as a major factor in deciding pitching awards, going forward.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post

That was the first post in this thread.

From a humble start, Jacob deGrom has risen to become the best pitcher in baseball this year. He just won 29 out of 30 first place votes to become the 2018 NL Cy Young Award winner.

From a wider perspective, Jake's win largely negates W-L as a major factor in deciding pitching awards, going forward.
                          It negates W/L too much in my opinion. Jake deserved it but I hope W/L's are not tossed out the window.

Comment

• And he came in 5th place for NL MVP.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X