Ruben Tejada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruben Tejada

I noticed that the Mets' star shortstop doesn't even have his own thread, so to correct that injustice, here is one now.

Tejada is arguably the Mets worst shortstop, offensively, since Rey Ordonez. Since July 1, he has hit .200. Since August 1, .182. On the plus side, he is not bad defensively, with the second-best fielding percentage among NL shortstops and a 2014 dWAR of 1 - that's right, exactly one of the Mets 67 wins this season can be directly attributed to Tejada's defense.

So, Ruben Tejada.

Discuss.

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
    I noticed that the Mets' star shortstop doesn't even have his own thread, so to correct that injustice, here is one now.

Tejada is arguably the Mets worst shortstop, offensively, since Rey Ordonez. Since July 1, he has hit .200. Since August 1, .182. On the plus side, he is not bad defensively, with the second-best fielding percentage among NL shortstops and a 2014 dWAR of 1 - that's right, exactly one of the Mets 67 wins this season can be directly attributed to Tejada's defense.

So, Ruben Tejada.

Discuss.
    Trees are pretty

Comment

If the Mets opt to trade Tejada, what could they get in return? A handful of slightly cracked bats?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
        If the Mets opt to trade Tejada, what could they get in return? A handful of slightly cracked bats?
        Cracked bats that originated from pretty trees.

Really what can they possibly get for Tejada?
        Last edited by Paulypal; 09-06-2014, 12:32 PM.

Comment

A player to be named later.

Comment

Tejada has only appeared in three games in September. Looks like Collins is using Flores at shortstop for the rest of the season.
            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

I'd opt to give Flores a full season next year as well...

I've gone back and forth over Tejada over the years, but he doesn't seem to be panning out, and doesn't have the prior excellence (and hefty contract) that could allow one to at least try to defend David Wright in some sense.

What could we get for him...might this be a case of addition by subtraction? Or at least have him only as a backup, and keep him as such until we get a better backup?
              "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

He's hitting .286 this spring training.

I hope that doesn't give Terry Collins any bright ideas.

Comment

He's batting .340/.400/.434 since July 5.

Comment

Holy moly, how has this guy managed to stay relevant. In his past 119 at-bats, he is hitting .311.

Comment

Mets place Ruben Tejada on waivers:
                      http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/0...n-waivers.html
                      The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                        A cheap move not a good one. Tejada's a high line drive percentage hitter who had room for improvement, I think. With Cabrera injured it's a weird move.

This just goes to show all the talk about the Maverick's "strategy" of "no negative WAR" and "Major League depth" was nonsense. Their big free agent signings were guys like Cabrera because they were cheap.

Until Fred got bullied into signing Cespedes.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                          A cheap move not a good one. Tejada's a high line drive percentage hitter who had room for improvement, I think. With Cabrera injured it's a weird move.

This just goes to show all the talk about the Maverick's "strategy" of "no negative WAR" and "Major League depth" was nonsense. Their big free agent signings were guys like Cabrera because they were cheap.

Until Fred got bullied into signing Cespedes.
                          I was just coming here to post about this.

This is nothing short of a disgusting move besides being a stupid baseball move because as you said Cabrera's injury and David Wrights career just about over.

They are cutting into their depth...........needed depth I might add for what amounts to $2.5MM. A lot of money to us here on the board but that is dust in terms of MLB money.

The Wilpons run a disgusting business. I hate that Wilpon owns this team.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                            I was just coming here to post about this.

This is nothing short of a disgusting move besides being a stupid baseball move because as you said Cabrera's injury and David Wrights career just about over.

They are cutting into their depth...........needed depth I might add for what amounts to $2.5MM. A lot of money to us here on the board but that is dust in terms of MLB money.

The Wilpons run a disgusting business. I hate that Wilpon owns this team.
                            They're also looking to salary dump De Aza. Wouldn't surprise me if they end up with a bench as thin as last year's.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                              That was a dumb move and an obvious salary dump. They could have retained him and traded him or kept him for defense.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X