No announcement yet.

Ruben Tejada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if he would have been a good fit for the White Sox. They have a shortstop platoon of Jimmy Rollins and Tyler Saladino.
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
      Cardinals sign free-agent shortstop Tejada
      JUPITER, Fla. -- The Cardinals on Saturday reached an agreement on a Major League deal with former Mets shortstop Ruben Tejada, who recently cleared waivers and became a free agent. The addition helps to fortify the Cardinals' shortstop depth, which thinned following a spring injury to Jhonny Peralta.
      http://m.mets.mlb.com/news/article/1...p-ruben-tejada
      I've said before that with Tejada's line drive tool he could produce better than he has. I wonder if the Cardinals will work with him to actually improve him. He's not exactly a slap hitter; I've seen him flash a little power at times. Either way the Cards signed him to a ML contract and they're no fools.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
        I've said before that with Tejada's line drive tool he could produce better than he has. I wonder if the Cardinals will work with him to actually improve him. He's not exactly a slap hitter; I've seen him flash a little power at times. Either way the Cards signed him to a ML contract and they're no fools.
        I hope Reuben listens and swings for the fences. If you remember Reuben's demise started when he thought he was a home run hitter.

I liked Reuben and I liked Murphy, but Cabrera and Walker are better and Rosario and Herrera have the potential to be much better in the not to distant future. Right now it does look like their bench got thinner. But, as usual, nobody is sitting on the bench at Citifield yet just like nobody was playing the outfield last December. We will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
          I think the Mets made a mistake driven financially by letting go of Tejada, but lets not think he is better than he is either.

Lets be honest - the only reason he is a Cardinal is because Peralta is hurt. Can he get better than what he was with the Mets at the age of 25? Sure.

Once Peralta is back, Tejada is back to being bench depth --- which is where he should be with the Mets.

Comment

And now Tejada begins the season on the DL. Rough way to start the season after last years broken leg.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X