Terry Collins Watch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Collins Watch

The manager is in his final year and with Alderson, players, even media amping up expectations for 2015 - he's on the hot seat.

And based on his own statements, it's not too soon to start the watch.

Here's the latest insanity from Terry:

Screen Shot 2015-02-22 at 2.35.05 PM.png

This after front office spent winter not acquiring a better player than the guy ahead of Tejada on the depth chart - the young hitter the Mets are giving a big chance to in lieu of going after a proven two-way SS like Tulo et al.

It's just insanity.

He's always going to be Terry Collins. And the watch starts now.
    Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Collins makes LESS than the Pirates manager, he's not going anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
      Collins makes LESS than the Pirates manager, he's not going anywhere.
      Nor should he.... For all the questionable moves he's made he has to make decisions without the benefit of adequate talent. GM should be far ahead in the hot seat than Colins is. If Aldy does fire him it will define Scapegoat.
      :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
      Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

Originally posted by trepye View Post
        Nor should he.... For all the questionable moves he's made he has to make decisions without the benefit of adequate talent. GM should be far ahead in the hot seat than Colins is. If Aldy does fire him it will define Scapegoat.
        "At my age there is a lot of numbness down there anyway."

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...erial-hot-seat
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

I agree now lets take it one step further...............if Aldy gets fired its because he is the scapegoat of the ownership.

Comment

Last year of contract, crappy manager, clearly doesn't add to win total (few do), and yeah - easy scapegoat. I'll be happy when he's gone, frankly.

Today he said Matt Reynolds would "get a lot of playing time at SS" this spring.

What a jerk.
            Cleon Jones catches a deep fly ball in F. Scott Fitzgerald's Valley of the Ashes, and a second-grader smiles in front of the black and white television.

Comment

Originally posted by Strawman View Post
              Last year of contract, crappy manager, clearly doesn't add to win total (few do), and yeah - easy scapegoat. I'll be happy when he's gone, frankly.

Today he said Matt Reynolds would "get a lot of playing time at SS" this spring.

What a jerk.
              Not the last year of his contract. team option for 16. If he gets team to .500 bet he gets to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                Not the last year of his contract. team option for 16. If he gets team to .500 bet he gets to stay.
                Certainly hope not.

Comment

Seriously, who would you rather see go first; Aldy or Terry?
                  :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
                  Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

Honestly?

Terry - Alderson realistically is not going anywhere. Changing out Collins could make a difference for this year, and I still hope the team can get to .500 - I see him as a below par manager is all aspects of the game.

Comment

Honestly?

Terry - Alderson realistically is not going anywhere. Changing out Collins could make a difference for this year, and I still hope the team can get to .500 - I see him as a below par manager is all aspects of the game.
                      I'm surprised you don't realize that if Terry does go first the next guy up will have the same scraps in the lineup from the same crappy pipeline; Omar's rotation will only take you so far.

Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

I'm surprised you don't realize that if Terry does go first the next guy up will have the same scraps in the lineup from the same crappy pipeline; Omar's rotation will only take you so far.
                        I'm surprised that you don't realize that if Alderson goes first that the next GM has to work within the same budget from the same dead beat owner.

"Omar's rotation". Somehow Omar became a genius. A GM with an unlimited payroll that failed miserably.

I guess anyone can have a following.

Comment

Jeff Wilpon
                          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                            I'm surprised that you don't realize that if Alderson goes first that the next GM has to work within the same budget from the same dead beat owner.

"Omar's rotation". Somehow Omar became a genius. A GM with an unlimited payroll that failed miserably.

I guess anyone can have a following.
                            Who ever said "genius" - just better baseball guy than the current Mets GM. If anything, that's a very low bar.

Comment

Who ever said "genius" - just better baseball guy than the current Mets GM. If anything, that's a very low bar.
                              They both suck - only difference is one had an unlimited budget and one has to pick scraps.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X