Predictions on wins totals for 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
    Have to give Jon Heyman credit for posting his 2015 predictions from April.

Blue Jays- last place
    Yankees- 4th place
    Twins- last place
    Houston- last place, A's first
    Red Sox Wild Card

Mets- last place

How do you like them apples?
    Predicting is near impossible but Heyman is an idiot. He knows next to nothing about baseball and how its played. The fact that he has his job is the 8th Wonder of the World.

Comment

Geez, last year I predicted 90 wins.
      A year early.

Enjoy the playoffs everybody!!

Comment

Geez, last year I predicted 90 wins.
        A year early.

Enjoy the playoffs everybody!!
        LIM: The 2015 team reminds me somewhat of the 1984 team finishing with the same 90-72 record and as we remember
        the Mets were building up and gradually getting stronger - 98 wins in 1985 leading to that unforgettable 1986 season - 108 wins...

Provided the Mets can keep the core of this team intact they could be even stronger in 2016 - the potential is definitely there...

LI MIKE

Comment

Originally posted by Long Island Mike View Post
          LIM: The 2015 team reminds me somewhat of the 1984 team finishing with the same 90-72 record and as we remember
          the Mets were building up and gradually getting stronger - 98 wins in 1985 leading to that unforgettable 1986 season - 108 wins...

Provided the Mets can keep the core of this team intact they could be even stronger in 2016 - the potential is definitely there...

LI MIKE
          As the unofficial winner of 2015.....2016 is a completely different season and story. Way too many variables. Who will they sign? Who leaves? Where is Harvey?

For now, I will kick back and try to enjoy the post season.:gt

Comment

LI MIKE
            I am hoping you are right, but I dont understand what core you are referring to. I think the Mets can end up in the same offensive situation in 2016 that they were the first 4 months of 2015.

Yes..we all should enjoy the playoffs, and I will, but that doesnt mean you can think about where the team is headed next season.

People that say "I will worry about tomorrow.....tomorrow" usually dont like what tomorrow brings.

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
              If the Mets win 88 games I will be known as Professor Mandrake ! And as far as the NL east being weak. Let's not forget 1973 when the Mets were 82-79 and probably had the 10th best record in MLB yet they went to game 7 of the WS .

Better than winning 98 games in 1985 and watching TV in October .
              C'mon. Last season you said 90 and I think you were just throwing it out there . I teased you because Sandy had said it was a 90 win team , and I couldn't see it.

This season it's different . It isn't just Harvey , there is something that makes me feel the Mets believe they can win. In the past 6 years they usually looked like a team that was thinking they would lose.

I went with 88 based on them feasting on the Phillies and Braves and doing serve with the Nats and Marlins . I really expect them in the post season and I think this will be a fun season .

With Wright getting hurt again maybe the silver lining is that they find a young replacement for him. I believe that once players start getting injure every season , the decline has begun .

I think we can both agree that this is the first team since 2008 that can be a contender
              [
              I not only think that the Mets will do much better than the 81.5 wins Vegas is using as the over under (every team has 1/2 games to avoid a push), but I am going for 88 wins and a wild card spot.
              They have a great deal of starting pitching which should cover up for the 3 or 4 line up holes they have...and some defensive lapses at C, 2nd, SS. Of all the teams and their projected over/under line, I think the Mets are one of the best bets in Vegas.

Other teams that stick out, the two Chicago teams could surprise. The Cubs at 82.5 and the Sox at 81.5 both should win at least 85 games. Only the Dodgers and Nationals in the NL are projected above 90; both are at 92.5. I see the Dodgers winning ta least 95, and the Nats right around 92. in the AL the Angels are the top pick at 89.5 and I think they will win around 92.

If the Dodgers and Angels meet in the WS, I think both managers will stay put, but if either of them don't win the pennant, I think whatever team doesn't make it will finally lose their manager.

The Yankees will struggle to reach .500 and note that the Royals are projected only at 79.5 wins. No WS repeat for them; and since this is an odd year no WS for the Giants either.

That's my picks....the Mets win 88 games, finish 4 games behind Washington, but win the wild card. Mets lose to Dodgers in NLCS. shades of 1988

OK, time for me to man up. Some of my picks were dead wrong, and some were close. The Dodgers woulda/coulda/shoulda beat the Mets...Mattingly was out managed by Collins. Taking Kershaw out of a 1-1 game int he 7th inning? Not playing for an extra run in game 5 when it looked liked the Mets were on the ropes? The Dodgers fire their manager, yet the Angels hold onto theirs. Do the Dodgers try to steal Mike?

Some of my picks were way off, some were off by just a few games here and there. These are reasons I never bet on sports (except a little horse racing now and then).

We are all Mets fans here. Some don't like some players. Others don't like the GM. Some don't like the manager. Some (like myself) still detest Fred and Jeff, and probably always will. Having crappy owners doesn't make me hate the Mets. All of us should at least agree to disagree on some things, otherwise it would be boring !

I have said it before.....the Wilpons may not even be the worst owners in NYC. That could be the guys who pulled MSG off my cable TV during the spring of 1994 !! And just sold their share of Cablevision for $10,000,000,000.00 In case I got the zeroes wrong, that is TEN BILLION DOLLARS for their share. (doesn't mean I have to like them)

And don't ever underestimate the 'power' of my 1910 Comiskey Park chair. It has the power to even override the Back to the Future prediction, and for that Las Vegas breathes a sigh of relief.

Comment

Keep the Comiskey chair for the WS. Don't stop yet!

Comment

Keep the Comiskey chair for the WS. Don't stop yet!

I don't know who to root for in the ALCS. In 1986 I was happy the Angels lost to the Red Sox and that came close to coming back to bite me.

Comment

LI MIKE
                    Everyone: I certainly did not see - or expect - the Mets to dominate the Cubs in four straight wins becoming NL Champions after getting by the Dodgers...

This team has an excellent chance to win it all NOW and will match up well against either the KC Royals or Toronto Blue Jays in the 2015 World Series...

In comparison the 90-72 1984 team would have been huge underdogs against the 1984 Detroit Tigers in the WS that year - the Tigers were that good in '84...

The 98 win 1985 team would have in comparison matched well with the 1985 KC Royals - especially with Met pitchers like Dwight Gooden (24-4)...

If the 2015 Mets become World Champions Mets management should try and keep this team together if at all possible...

LI MIKE
                    Last edited by Long Island Mike; 10-22-2015, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X