2015 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
    Could the starters be tired? It's been a long season for Niese, deGrom and Harvey, which would explain their decreased effectiveness. The Mets shut deGrom down this time last year.
    It's because Kevin Long kinda sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
      If I had to give a reason I would say its fatigue for sure. That is why I wish they would clinch (magic number is 10) as quickly as possible so they can really rest them and line them up for the playoffs.

This is another spot where Colon becomes so valuable. You dont worry about his innings when you have to really be concerned about EVERY other starter. In my estimation Colon is a huge key to the Mets right now through the end of the regular season.
      yeah. The stupid Pirates are forcing the Cardinals to keep burning innings. Once they got up 6-7 games, they skipped a start each from Wacha, Lynn, and martinez. All three were horrible during their next start. Could be a coincidence, but it would be nice to have that luxury again.

Of course the Mets could still end up with the #2 seed and homefield over 3 of the 4 remaining teams. They will have to balance-out what is more important to them.
      1885 1886 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011

1887 1888 1928 1930 1943 1968 1985 1987 2004 2013

1996 2000 2001 2002 2005 2009 2012 2014 2015

The Top 100 Pitchers In MLB History
      The Top 100 Position Players In MLB History

Comment

Could the starters be tired? It's been a long season for Niese, deGrom and Harvey, which would explain their decreased effectiveness. The Mets shut deGrom down this time last year.
        Maybe Plawecki calls a better game than d'Arnaud. The decline roughly correlates with d'Arnaud's return. Colon's the only pitcher that's performed well since and he probably calls his own games.

Theory always was younger arms got tired less and the old guys were the ones you had to worry about late in the season.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
          Maybe Plawecki calls a better game than d'Arnaud. The decline roughly correlates with d'Arnaud's return. Colon's the only pitcher that's performed well since and he probably calls his own games.

Theory always was younger arms got tired less and the old guys were the ones you had to worry about late in the season.
          I do not believe its Plawecki. This game is all about location, and deGrom has lost it. He gets way too much plate.

Do you really think Plawecki has called his own game? That game is planned before they hit the field. They know what they are doing before they hit the field...pitch, location - by batter.

Colon has pitched better simply because he has executed his pitches better. Colon is use to throwing 200 innings...these young "studs" are not.

Comment

• Mets win 6-0, offense gets shutout by rookie. Stupid Marlins.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Mets win 6-0, offense gets shutout by rookie. Stupid Marlins.

Wishful thinking? 11-8 final season record against the Marlins. Good riddance.

Comment

• Washington loses to the dirty fish. Mets magic number = 9

NYM Games Left: 16
                WAS Games Left: 16
                Game Lead: 8

Scenarios:

Mets .500 rest of the way (8-8):
                - Nationals must go 16-0 just to tie

Mets .250 rest of the way (4-12):
                - Nationals must go 12-4 just to tie

Present Homestand clinching requirements (3 vs NYY, 3 vs ATL):
                - Mets 6-0 / Was 3-3
                - Mets 5-1 / Was 2-4
                - Mets 4-2 / Was 1-5
                - Mets 3-3 / Was 0-6
                Last edited by GordonGecko; 09-17-2015, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GordonGecko View Post
                  Washington loses to the dirty fish. Mets magic number = 9

NYM Games Left: 16
                  WAS Games Left: 16
                  Game Lead: 8

Scenarios:

Mets .500 rest of the way (8-8):
                  - Nationals must go 16-0 just to tie

Mets .250 rest of the way (4-12):
                  - Nationals must go 12-4 just to tie

Present Homestand clinching requirements (3 vs NYY, 3 vs ATL):
                  - Mets 6-0 / Was 3-3
                  - Mets 5-1 / Was 2-4
                  - Mets 4-2 / Was 1-5
                  - Mets 3-3 / Was 0-6
                  Good stuff.

It makes it seem almost impossible for the Mets to blow this doesnt it? It probably is but I wont feel comfortable until its clinched. Hopefully sooner rather than leter. This pitching staff is limping to the finish line and they need rest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                    Good stuff.

It makes it seem almost impossible for the Mets to blow this doesnt it? It probably is but I wont feel comfortable until its clinched. Hopefully sooner rather than leter. This pitching staff is limping to the finish line and they need rest.
                    I won't either. The last couple of games against Miami they didn't look like the same team that swept the Nats in their own ballpark. And not just the pitching staff.
                    Terry Collins was alarmed enough to call a meeting and read them the riot act.
                    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                      I won't either. The last couple of games against Miami they didn't look like the same team that swept the Nats in their own ballpark. And not just the pitching staff.
                      Terry Collins was alarmed enough to call a meeting and read them the riot act.
                      The Nats are dead. The Mets could cool off a bit and those last 3 games still won't matter. deGromm and Harvey look a bit tired, let's hope the Subway Series gets them going again.

The Dodgers are waiting....I have been watching a lot of their games lately and they want home field over the Mets. Scully mentions it each night.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                        The Nats are dead. The Mets could cool off a bit and those last 3 games still won't matter. deGromm and Harvey look a bit tired, let's hope the Subway Series gets them going again.

The Dodgers are waiting....I have been watching a lot of their games lately and they want home field over the Mets. Scully mentions it each night.
                        Saying deGrom looks tired is an understatement. The kid looks spent when he pitches. He is all over the place.

Harvey is tired? Must be out of Red Bull in the Bat Cave.

I am pretty sure the Mets are safe, but I wont call a body dead until its flatlining. So the magic number is 9 - when its zero I will know its over.

Comment

• Originally posted by mandrake View Post

The Nats may be dead, but the Mets haven't looked too lively themselves the last two games. You need to be hot going into the postseason, like KC was last year. The Mets look like they're phoning it in all of a sudden. They need to keep up the momentum.
                          They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                            The Nats may be dead, but the Mets haven't looked too lively themselves the last two games. You need to be hot going into the postseason, like KC was last year. The Mets look like they're phoning it in all of a sudden. They need to keep up the momentum.
                            Collins started Cuddyer, Uribe, Campbell and Lagares who went a combined 1 for 13. It was a scrub line-up just like before the All Star break. I don't want to see any of them start again this season and certainly not all in one game; rest your regulars one at a time. Collins has never believed in playing the hot hand individually or collectively.

We'll see if they get the momentum back.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• When Tanaka misses the ball becomes souvenir. Murphy just homered off of him. Duda homered earlier.

Comment

• For years I have been asking for bench depth. Now they have it.

Uribe hits a pinch hit bomb!!!!

Collins looks like a much better manager with some depth doesnt he? Its amazing how this game works.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X