Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hansel Robles suspended three games
    http://espn.go.com/newyork/mlb/story...lphia-phillies
    The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
      Hansel Robles suspended three games
      http://espn.go.com/newyork/mlb/story...lphia-phillies
      I have felt this way before that pitch, but for some reason, even as a Mets fan, I wish he would stop quick pitching. If you ask me why, I really can't explain it. Familia doing it doens't annoy me. But for some reason, I just wish Robles would stop doing it. Maybe I think he does it too much, and is overusing it. But if you use it too much, I think it loses its effectiveness as a weapon.

In any event, does anyone know what the MLB rule is if there is a rain out or two this weekend and the outcome of those games would determine home field for the first round? Given the forecast for the next three days here, it could happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by EasilyFound View Post
        I have felt this way before that pitch, but for some reason, even as a Mets fan, I wish he would stop quick pitching. If you ask me why, I really can't explain it. Familia doing it doens't annoy me. But for some reason, I just wish Robles would stop doing it. Maybe I think he does it too much, and is overusing it. But if you use it too much, I think it loses its effectiveness as a weapon.

In any event, does anyone know what the MLB rule is if there is a rain out or two this weekend and the outcome of those games would determine home field for the first round? Given the forecast for the next three days here, it could happen.
        Robles is an ass. Plain and simple. Although some pitchers quick pitch they do it on their time, and if the hitter isnt ready..well then too bad. Sort of what Familia does. Robles speeds up his delivery to the point that he doesnt even look ready sometimes just to get a jump on the batter.

Then to top it off he goes at the guys head, and I dont want to hear from him that it got away....he threw at the guys head.

I would bet that he has been spoken to about both. Now hopefully he learns from it.

As far as home field goes I read that if any games get rained out that the winner will be the team with the higher winning %.
        http://metsblog.com/metsblog/what-ha...uts-this-week/
        Last edited by Paulypal; 10-02-2015, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Could be overall winning percentage. Manfred's office should announce decision sooner rather than later hopefully.

Comment

• Friday's game has been rained out, Mets will play a doubleheader on Saturday.

Comment

the Mets will have home field if both the dodgers and Mets finish with the exact same record,
              as the Mets have a better head to head record against the dodgers
              otherwise it is higher winning % ( the team with the most wins)
              sigpic

Comment

• Robles speeds up his delivery to the point that he doesnt even look ready sometimes just to get a jump on the batter.
                I think this is it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                  I'm pleasantly surprised Wright is playing and playing well.

They always used to give rings to league champions and bigger rings to World Series winners.
                  I wonder if players get rings for the Division Championship?
                  yes, players can get their own custom made Division Champ ring with their share of the post season money
                  MLB still pays for the league champions rings and for the World Series ring

food for thought, if you seen the NYY or the first Blue Jays post-season clinching celebration
                  the team pay for that champagne.

MLB only pays for the 2 wild card winners and division champs hats/shirts/champagnes/money
                  in addition to the winners of the division series, league champs series and of course
                  the most money and promotion for the players is for the World Series winner

in the last few years, teams have gotten in the habit of having a celebration just for making the post-season
                  Last edited by drdg; 10-02-2015, 03:34 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Mets lose game one of double header. Noah Syndergaard good, offense bad.

Comment

• Aaaaaand with it 30+ innings since the Mets last scored, Syndergaard and Harvey were Amazin' today, both without an earned run and 10+ Ks, but the other Mets...

And with an error, Scherzer just lost a bid for a perfect game.
                      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

• Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
                        Aaaaaand with it 30+ innings since the Mets last scored, Syndergaard and Harvey were Amazin' today, both without an earned run and 10+ Ks, but the other Mets...

And with an error, Scherzer just lost a bid for a perfect game.
                        Harvey looked good. Scherzer is on. Mets need a hit. Either way, the Nats will be fishing this time next week.

Comment

• I guess, if the Mets don't care about home field, why did I?

Comment

• Max Scherzer has thrown a no-hitter against the Mets.

h

Comment

• The Mets were no-hit twice this year. That's pathetic.

Comment

• More unhappy about the first game than the second--Scherzer was so dominant, 17 Ks, no walks, only one baserunner on the error, 9 of the last 10 K'd...

I don't care who's hitting, you HAVE to credit the pitcher for that one.

Still, the Mets have tomorrow to work out their offensive kinks...at the very least, both Syndergaard and Harvey were good, so as always this year, if we can just get a little offense going as we head into the playoffs...
                                "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X