Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2015 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
    Max Scherzer has thrown a no-hitter against the Mets.

    h
    Wow. Great performance. One of the most dominant pitching performances I have ever seen. Playoffs please!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
      The Mets were no-hit twice this year. That's pathetic.
      In fairness, so were the team we're about to face, the Dodgers.
      "Ya Gotta Believe!" -Tug McGraw ... "How we deal with death is at least as important as how we deal with life." -James T. Kirk ... "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Sherlock Holmes ... "It is out of the deepest depth that the highest must come to its height." -Friedrich Nietzsche ... "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
        The Mets were no-hit twice this year. That's pathetic.
        Kevin Long: all or nothing, swing for the fences every time. Strikeout.
        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shea Knight View Post
          In fairness, so were the team we're about to face, the Dodgers.
          Justin Turner was the last out in that no-hitter in Houston.
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

          Comment


          • The Mets' first half lineup (which has seen lots of action lately) can get no-hit any time it's assembled. Scherzer's gotten screwed out of two perfect games this season; there was the BS HBP last time, the error this time. He did get the highest game score for a no-hitter in history at 104.

            Collins keeps trotting out the garbage lineup and the team keeps losing. I get today's a day/night doubleheader but he's been so diligent about resting his regulars that the team's gone cold. There was no excuse for last Sunday, not much excuse for the day game in Philadelphia and the insistence on garbage since clinching has blown home field advantage in the playoffs. With the extra days off for the Wild Card games there was no reason to stop the momentum. I hope the boob's dumb luck continues and the Mets pick it up in the playoffs. Still not what you want to see going into the post-season.

            BTW, rjsallstars should be interested: Collin McHugh is on his way to his 19th win of the season.


            "The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
              The Mets' first half lineup (which has seen lots of action lately) can get no-hit any time it's assembled. Scherzer's gotten screwed out of two perfect games this season; there was the BS HBP last time, the error this time. He did get the highest game score for a no-hitter in history at 104.

              Collins keeps trotting out the garbage lineup and the team keeps losing. I get today's a day/night doubleheader but he's been so diligent about resting his regulars that the team's gone cold. There was no excuse for last Sunday, not much excuse for the day game in Philadelphia and the insistence on garbage since clinching has blown home field advantage in the playoffs. With the extra days off for the Wild Card games there was no reason to stop the momentum. I hope the boob's dumb luck continues and the Mets pick it up in the playoffs. Still not what you want to see going into the post-season.

              BTW, rjsallstars should be interested: Collin McHugh is on his way to his 19th win of the season.
              Ahh, McHugh, you always remember the one that got away!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
                The Mets' first half lineup (which has seen lots of action lately) can get no-hit any time it's assembled. Scherzer's gotten screwed out of two perfect games this season; there was the BS HBP last time, the error this time. He did get the highest game score for a no-hitter in history at 104.

                Collins keeps trotting out the garbage lineup and the team keeps losing. I get today's a day/night doubleheader but he's been so diligent about resting his regulars that the team's gone cold. There was no excuse for last Sunday, not much excuse for the day game in Philadelphia and the insistence on garbage since clinching has blown home field advantage in the playoffs. With the extra days off for the Wild Card games there was no reason to stop the momentum. I hope the boob's dumb luck continues and the Mets pick it up in the playoffs. Still not what you want to see going into the post-season.

                BTW, rjsallstars should be interested: Collin McHugh is on his way to his 19th win of the season.
                You are already setting the groundwork of trying to prove to the 7 or 8 regulars left on here that you are the smartest kid in the class. If the Mets lose to the Dodgers you will refer back to your comments stating that YOU called it. Collins blew the season by resting the regulars which caused the loss of home field and also made their bats cold. You always knew Collins was a moron, he knows nothing about baseball, see you just proved it!! Nowhere will it be mentioned that the Dodgers ran the table to earn home field advantage and may actually be the better team. There will be no doubt in your mind that the Mets are guaranteed a victory in the NLDS if they only listen to you. Once again, the Mets failure goes hand in hand with your perceived success. Very, very interesting.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                  Kevin Long: all or nothing, swing for the fences every time. Strikeout.
                  That is so off base. I dont even have a clue how anyone can possibly even think that.

                  Again the hitting coach is getting blamed because hitters dont hit. Unreal.

                  Where were the Kevin Long praises when they were scoring 7 runs a game......by hitting and not just hitting homers? Those posts must be on another thread.

                  Maybe the Mets have all or nothing hitters....nah cant blame the hitters. Maybe Duda is all or nothing....like Granderson and Cespedes.....nah cant be...must be the hitting coach.

                  I have Kevin Longs hitting/training DVD...would you like to watch it?
                  Last edited by Paulypal; 10-04-2015, 07:38 AM.

                  Comment


                  • I was unable to watch the Mets yesterday, but on the highlights it possibly sounded like fans could have been booing after that no hitter. If that was the case, the ones that booed really shouldn't go to games. They should spend the time calling up FAN and ranting instead. Yes, you root for the Mets to break up the no hitter, and then win the game, but once the game has ended you tip your hat/clap your hands.

                    I understand that fans with tickets want to see the Mets with home field, but to me it isn't a big deal that the Dodgers have home field. The Mets get a split in LA and come to NY to win the series. The Giants have won 3 WS since 2010, and they did not clinch any of them at home. Home field in baseball is overblown. Of the 4 other teams in the NL playoffs, the Dodgers are the best match up for the Mets. And in the NLCS, the Cardinals are the best possible match up of the 3 choices.

                    I heard on MLB TV that in "the wild card era" 23 teams have got into the post season by playing .700 baseball in September, and none of those 23 won the WS. A team does not have to be hot, or even playing well at the end of the season, to win it all in the WS. The 2000 NYY ended the regular season going 2 wins and 13 losses, and won the AL east with only 87 wins. They beat the 91 win A's in Oakland in the ALDS, they beat the 91 win Mariners in the ALCS, then beat the 94 win NY Mets in the WS.

                    So, the Mets are in the hunt and I would like their chances as much as anyone elses. In fact, the Pirates and Cubs, Yankees and Astros/Angels would love to be int he Mets shoes right now. No silly WC playoff to face.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by mandrake View Post
                      I was unable to watch the Mets yesterday, but on the highlights it possibly sounded like fans could have been booing after that no hitter. If that was the case, the ones that booed really shouldn't go to games. They should spend the time calling up FAN and ranting instead. Yes, you root for the Mets to break up the no hitter, and then win the game, but once the game has ended you tip your hat/clap your hands.

                      I understand that fans with tickets want to see the Mets with home field, but to me it isn't a big deal that the Dodgers have home field. The Mets get a split in LA and come to NY to win the series. The Giants have won 3 WS since 2010, and they did not clinch any of them at home. Home field in baseball is overblown. Of the 4 other teams in the NL playoffs, the Dodgers are the best match up for the Mets. And in the NLCS, the Cardinals are the best possible match up of the 3 choices.

                      I heard on MLB TV that in "the wild card era" 23 teams have got into the post season by playing .700 baseball in September, and none of those 23 won the WS. A team does not have to be hot, or even playing well at the end of the season, to win it all in the WS. The 2000 NYY ended the regular season going 2 wins and 13 losses, and won the AL east with only 87 wins. They beat the 91 win A's in Oakland in the ALDS, they beat the 91 win Mariners in the ALCS, then beat the 94 win NY Mets in the WS.

                      So, the Mets are in the hunt and I would like their chances as much as anyone elses. In fact, the Pirates and Cubs, Yankees and Astros/Angels would love to be int he Mets shoes right now. No silly WC playoff to face.
                      I must admit although I wouldnt boo anyone or anything at a game. It just always seemed ridiculous to me....I can really see disliking Scherzer. His on the mound antics are just stupid looking. His pacing and stomping around the mound with his arms sort of spread had me rooting for any kind of hit. Normally at a certain point I would embrace the no-no but not last night. Not a big fan of Scherzer.

                      With that said...I have to say this.....I agree with Cohen when he said -- this is maybe the most dominant pitching performance I have ever seen. Basically without a bad play he pitchers a perfect game, 17k's, no hits, one hard hit ball. The Mets looked like they belonged in Williamsport last night. Scherzer was simply great last night.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                        That is so off base. I dont even have a clue how anyone can possibly even think that.

                        Again the hitting coach is getting blamed because hitters dont hit. Unreal.

                        Where were the Kevin Long praises when they were scoring 7 runs a game......by hitting and not just hitting homers? Those posts must be on another thread.

                        Maybe the Mets have all or nothing hitters....nah cant blame the hitters. Maybe Duda is all or nothing....like Granderson and Cespedes.....nah cant be...must be the hitting coach.

                        I have Kevin Longs hitting/training DVD...would you like to watch it?
                        I blamed Dan Warthen for the Mets bullpen in 2012 when they kept blowing leads. The Mets struck out 17 times last night, which must be some sort of new record. I am VERY worried about how our lineup can perform against elite pitching, especially Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke (my choice for NL Cy Young this year) in the NLDS.

                        The Mets offense could use those DVDs.
                        The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                          I blamed Dan Warthen for the Mets bullpen in 2012 when they kept blowing leads. The Mets struck out 17 times last night, which must be some sort of new record. I am VERY worried about how our lineup can perform against elite pitching, especially Clayton Kershaw and Zack Greinke (my choice for NL Cy Young this year) in the NLDS.

                          The Mets offense could use those DVDs.
                          Well we all should be concerned about facing those two beasts.

                          Despite what we saw for a 3-4 week period - THE MET LINEUP IS STILL NOT THAT GOOD. They got hot all at the same time.

                          They Mets have way too many streaky hitters. A lot of hitters are streak but some of the Mets go through extremes. Lucas Duda leads the way in this category. He gets red hot for a week then disappears for a month. If anyone understood how or why they would be rivaling Bill Gates for net worth. Granderson is very much the same way, as is Daniel Murphy. Cespedes seems to be in that club also.

                          When these players are hot they homer. When they arent they dont.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                            Well we all should be concerned about facing those two beasts.

                            Despite what we saw for a 3-4 week period - THE MET LINEUP IS STILL NOT THAT GOOD. They got hot all at the same time.

                            They Mets have way too many streaky hitters. A lot of hitters are streak but some of the Mets go through extremes. Lucas Duda leads the way in this category. He gets red hot for a week then disappears for a month. If anyone understood how or why they would be rivaling Bill Gates for net worth. Granderson is very much the same way, as is Daniel Murphy. Cespedes seems to be in that club also.

                            When these players are hot they homer. When they arent they dont.
                            Last night could be a fluke since Collins ran out a spring training lineup with Flores, Wright, Murphy, Cespedes, Granderson and d'arnaud benched.
                            The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                              Last night could be a fluke since Collins ran out a spring training lineup with Flores, Wright, Murphy, Cespedes, Granderson and d'arnaud benched.
                              I believe it was a fluke, but Scherzer was still awesome.

                              Home field never seem to be a big priority for Collins. Although I didnt want him to push the starting pitching to gain home field - In my opinion he could have played his starters more than he did this past week, but either way no matter where you face Greinke, or Kershaw its no day at the beach.

                              Looking forward to watching a Met playoff game. Its been 9 years.

                              Comment


                              • Amen. And beautiful weather in California as opposed to potential rain and cold in NY on Friday. Kershaw and Greinke are formidable but I recall the AL has home field advantage this year because they weren't perfect in the ASG.

                                Still have to play the game as the old cliche goes.

                                Comment

                                Ad Widget

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X