2015 Mets Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
    You are already setting the groundwork of trying to prove to the 7 or 8 regulars left on here that you are the smartest kid in the class. If the Mets lose to the Dodgers you will refer back to your comments stating that YOU called it. Collins blew the season by resting the regulars which caused the loss of home field and also made their bats cold. You always knew Collins was a moron, he knows nothing about baseball, see you just proved it!! Nowhere will it be mentioned that the Dodgers ran the table to earn home field advantage and may actually be the better team. There will be no doubt in your mind that the Mets are guaranteed a victory in the NLDS if they only listen to you. Once again, the Mets failure goes hand in hand with your perceived success. Very, very interesting.
    Ah, so if I make a reasonable criticism it's only "setting the groundwork of trying to prove to the 7 or 8 regulars left on here that you are the smartest kid in the class".

Very, very interesting.

At least the Mets get a sunny day for baseball. I hope Collins doesn't roll out his usual "Sunday lineup".

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Comment

• Mets win, finish regular season 90-72.

The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

• Regular season in the books. Very good year. Pitching came together and front office made moves at deadline to put team over the top. I am very happy for the Manager, the players who never gave up during the losing. I am also happy for the fans who hung in there when it was easier to give up.

The playoffs are a crap shoot. Any team can beat any other team in a short series. Both teams have excellent pitching. The Dodgers have more pressure on them. If I was a bookmaker I would slightly favor the Dodgers. It will be a fun series and hopefully there will be more to come in the foreseeable future.

Comment

• Do we want a postseason thread? Or should we just keep it here? I can amend this title accordingly if we like. Or not. Whatever feels good.

Is it Friday yet? :hyper:

:gt
          Put it in the books.

Comment

• Originally posted by milladrive View Post
            Do we want a postseason thread? Or should we just keep it here? I can amend this title accordingly if we like. Or not. Whatever feels good.

Is it Friday yet? :hyper:

:gt
            Milla -- We start a new thread here for everything..............and everybody.

The next time the Mets get in the playoffs will probably be 2022 if they hold true to their average. I vote for starting a new thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
              Will the Mets finish above .500 this year?

I think so. I still think if they'd acquired an above average shortstop they would have been able to get to the Wild Card game at least. Nieuwenhuis could probably match Cuddyer in WAR over a full season if he just matched his career average in offense. Spending on Cuddyer this year was a bad move. For the cost of Cuddyer and the bigger scoreboard they could have bought a shortstop and probably a playoff berth.

But they still might make the playoffs. It's a weak division. Anything can happen. That also means nothing should be taken for granted. The Braves had up and coming pitching talent as deep as the Mets a couple years ago. Most of them are gone. The Braves look to be easy opponents this year. I guess you could consider it a cautionary tale.

I'll go out on a limb and guess that no matter what Terry Collins does this year he'll be gone next year. If that happens I wouldn't be surprised if Wally Backman is his replacement. The Wilpons expect to open a mall after next season and will probably pull out all stops to be better and more interesting next season. This is probably a transition year. But the future is hard to predict and this might be the year where everyone is healthy and their chance to go the playoffs is as good as it'll ever be. If I was owner I'd have seized the opportunity. Remember the Braves.

Thoughts?
              Weird reading this in retrospect. The Mets did (somewhat belatedly) go for it and the courts halted the mall. This season has been an interesting ride and isn't over yet. I'm concerned about the recent lack of offense but hopefully with a four day break everyone will be prepared. This season was certainly full of surprises; I hope we get some more good ones going forward.

Comment

• Jake > Clayton.

Comment

• Originally posted by stkjock View Post
                  Jake > Clayton.
                  Kershaw did fine. I think people still underrate deGrom. He's elite and just as capable of dominating any given game as anyone.

I expected a stalemate up until the bullpens came in. I'm still worried about everyone up until Familia. Starters are going to have to go 7 or 8 innings. I hope they're rested.

Comment

Kershaw did fine. I think people still underrate deGrom. He's elite and just as capable of dominating any given game as anyone.

I expected a stalemate up until the bullpens came in. I'm still worried about everyone up until Familia. Starters are going to have to go 7 or 8 innings. I hope they're rested.
                    Agreed that gap is going to have to be closed from the starters to Familia, but at some point the pen is going to have step up in a spot or two. Its bound to happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulypal View Post
                      Agreed that gap is going to have to be closed from the starters to Familia, but at some point the pen is going to have step up in a spot or two. Its bound to happen.
                      Neise is available but an enigma. I'm figuring Colon should be available for the bullpen. Matz too. I'm not sure how deep into games Matz could go as a starter. I guess there's also politics involved since it might be awkward starting Matz over the veteran. I think Matz is more likely to do well especially if platoon advantage is a factor. The organization is probably playing it by ear depending on whether they feel the need to bring back deGrom or anyone on short rest.

I wish they'd brought Gee up and put him on the post-season roster. He's shown a good temperament for pressure situations. He'd also be able to go long. He's a guy they could really use.

Situational bullpen changes is a Moneyball type strategy to make up for starters that can't get through a lineup 3 times. All things considered it's better to have starters who can finish. The Mets' starters have been babied and are well rested. The onus is on them to step up and go deep into games.

Comment

• Kershaw pitched well for 6, the 7th was a tough. Jake just pitched better.

Jake pranking Murphy

Comment

Neise is available but an enigma. I'm figuring Colon should be available for the bullpen. Matz too. I'm not sure how deep into games Matz could go as a starter. I guess there's also politics involved since it might be awkward starting Matz over the veteran. I think Matz is more likely to do well especially if platoon advantage is a factor. The organization is probably playing it by ear depending on whether they feel the need to bring back deGrom or anyone on short rest.

I wish they'd brought Gee up and put him on the post-season roster. He's shown a good temperament for pressure situations. He'd also be able to go long. He's a guy they could really use.

Situational bullpen changes is a Moneyball type strategy to make up for starters that can't get through a lineup 3 times. All things considered it's better to have starters who can finish. The Mets' starters have been babied and are well rested. The onus is on them to step up and go deep into games.
                          Former Met Dillon Gee declared free agency on October 6th.

Comment

• Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                            Former Met Dillon Gee declared free agency on October 6th.
                            Dont let the facts get in the way.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X