Kevin Plawecki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kevin Plawecki

Kevin Plawecki has been in the big leagues for 24 games and currently sports a .200/.235/.313 line, with two home runs and 10 RBI.

What are your thoughts on Plawecki? Does he have a future as a big leaguer? What sort of role will he fill? Is he long for the Mets or do you think he'll be gotten rid of?

Younger now then when d'Arnauc was sent to AAA hitting .160. Could have better defense . Keep both Travis and Kevin. Try to teach both of them to play another position (3b or LF ?) . The Mrts have a lot of holes but right. Is catcher doesn't seem like one of them .
    Say goodbye to Recker

Comment

Originally posted by mandrake View Post
      Younger now then when d'Arnauc was sent to AAA hitting .160. Could have better defense . Keep both Travis and Kevin. Try to teach both of them to play another position (3b or LF ?) . The Mrts have a lot of holes but right. Is catcher doesn't seem like one of them .
      Say goodbye to Recker
      Too many others playing wrong position. Include him in deal for legit middle infielder or send him to minors to regain confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by rjsallstars View Post
        Too many others playing wrong position. Include him in deal for legit middle infielder or send him to minors to regain confidence.
        Plawecki, IMHO, will be a better defensive catcher than d'Arnaud. Catcher just might be the "wrong" position for Travis. I agree with Keith, try him out at 3rd base.

Comment

Mets send down Kevin Plawecki:
          http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/met...hony-recker-up
          The Mets have the best, smartest fans in baseball.

Comment

Because Recker is so much better.

Comment

I don't understand this move. It's often hard to know what this team's brain trust is thinking.
              They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                I don't understand this move. It's often hard to know what this team's brain trust is thinking.
                Plawecki was hitting .228/.283/.296 in the majors, with two homers and 17 RBI in 62 games. This is a 62 OPS+.

As ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin calculates, Plawecki should amass 147 days of Major League service time for 2015 (his rookie season). Assuming Plawecki is back on the roster in 2016 and beyond, he could receive an extra year of arbitration eligibility as a Super Two player in two seasons’ time, given how two years and 147 days is beyond any of the last seven Super Two cutoffs.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...-plawecki.html

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post
                  Plawecki was hitting .228/.283/.296 in the majors, with two homers and 17 RBI in 62 games. This is a 62 OPS+.
                  And this season, Recker is hitting .123/.254/.228 in the majors, with a 36 OPS+.
                  They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

If they're just going to throw in the towel on their backup catcher like that, they might as well try to catch lightning in a bottle with Xorge Carrillo or something, instead going with a proven failure like Recker.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
                      If they're just going to throw in the towel on their backup catcher like that, they might as well try to catch lightning in a bottle with Xorge Carrillo or something, instead going with a proven failure like Recker.
                      I don't think they are throwing in the towel. The backup catcher will get a start this week (most likely tomorrow), but with two off-days next week, d'Arnaud will be in the lineup for nearly all of the remaining games in August--perhaps there will be two more starts for the backup during the last week of the month. Plawecki can get some regular playing time before being called up again in September (or possibly August 31st, to be eligible for the post-season).

Comment

Proven failure-I like that term. Hope plawecki returns September 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue387 View Post

As ESPN New York’s Adam Rubin calculates, Plawecki should amass 147 days of Major League service time for 2015 (his rookie season). Assuming Plawecki is back on the roster in 2016 and beyond, he could receive an extra year of arbitration eligibility as a Super Two player in two seasons’ time, given how two years and 147 days is beyond any of the last seven Super Two cutoffs.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/0...-plawecki.html
                          Originally posted by ol' aches and pains View Post
                          And this season, Recker is hitting .123/.254/.228 in the majors, with a 36 OPS+.
                          I dont understand what there is not to understand.

Simply they want Plawecki to play everyday in the minors instead of once...maybe twice a week in the majors. They obviously recognize that Plawecki is better than Recker and want him to develop by actually playing and not watching d'Arnaud from the bench.

Comment

Whatever magic Carrillo had last September just ain't there this year. Last I saw, he couldn't hit .240 in AA.

Comment

Mets catcher Kevin Plawecki might start in Triple-A for more at-bats
                              https://www.newsday.com/sports/baseb...ats-1.11541866

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X