Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Conforto

First RBI tonight.

First Alderson Mets first round pick to see Major League Baseball.

I'm sure the Wilpons don't want to start his arbitration clock but Flores, Mayberry and Campbell hitting 3, 4 and 5 against Clayton Kershaw seems to have generated a media storm. In Couponville that often triggers a flurry of roster activity.

Discuss.

"The Fightin' Met With Two Heads" - Mike Tyson/Ray Knight!

Originally posted by Mongoose View Post
    First RBI tonight.

I'm sure the Wilpons don't want to start his arbitration clock but Flores, Mayberry and Campbell hitting 3, 4 and 5 against Clayton Kershaw seems to have generated a media storm. In Couponville that often triggers a flurry of roster activity.

Discuss.
    If Kershaw had thrown a perfect game, would there be an asterisk in the record book next to it?
    They call me Mr. Baseball. Not because of my love for the game; because of all the stitches in my head.

Comment

First RBI tonight.

Discuss.
      Well 2011 pick- high school player
      2012 - high school player
      2013- high school player
      2015- no first round pick

2014- college player.

Comment

When your only afforded drafting high school players this is what happens. Obviously I am not a big fan of Alderson, and hope he goes, but the fact he has to work within the budget set by the two scumbags hasn't changed.

Comment

I think we should trade him for Adam Dunn and/or Jason Bay because we're the Mets.

Comment

Why not sign Barry Bonds and trade Conforto for Ichiro so we can have an outfield with a bunch of big names?

I bet Bonds could still hit a few homers.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowtipper View Post
              Why not sign Barry Bonds and trade Conforto for Ichiro so we can have an outfield with a bunch of big names?

I bet Bonds could still hit a few homers.
              Now you're talking. Bonds also wanted to get to 3000 hits. Just think of the gate sales!

Comment

First HR well over one of the deepest right field fences in the Majors.... http://www.hittrackeronline.com/hrde...p?id=2015_3026 Nice! The kid seems to have legit power, very reassuring.
                Last edited by trepye; 08-04-2015, 02:01 PM.
                :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
                Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

HR off Scherzer to break ice in a huge division series matchup..... This kid is LEGIT!

Nice job Aldy...
                  :lightbulb:Definition of a homerun: When the baseball gets hit to a DISTANCE that the fielder cannot get it into homeplate before the batter rounds the bases.

Associated Press -- Citi Field's smaller dimensions helped opponents more than the New York Mets.
                  Thanks Sandy Alderson.

Comment

Not that Conforto doesn't have ability but his line drive % is around 19% and his HR/FB isn't much higher than league average right now.

His BABIP is around .400 so he's due for some regression at some point.

It's still better to have good luck than the opposite.

Comment

Not that Conforto doesn't have ability but his line drive % is around 19% and his HR/FB isn't much higher than league average right now.

His BABIP is around .400 so he's due for some regression at some point.

It's still better to have good luck than the opposite.
                      Whatever the stats say, it has been a lot of fun watching this kid develop into a star. He has that confidence/swagger that Jeter had early in his career (not saying he is on par with him). I hope he is the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpm74 View Post
                        Whatever the stats say, it has been a lot of fun watching this kid develop into a star. He has that confidence/swagger that Jeter had early in his career (not saying he is on par with him). I hope he is the real deal.
                        Me too. We'll see. He's got an interesting athletic pedigree.

Here's Conforto's mom with her Olympic Gold Medal:

His father was a Division 1 linebacker - at Penn State. Couldn't find any images of him in action.

Comment

Alderson's first 1st round draft pick to make the majors. Less than 250 career ab's.
                          How impressive is this kid right now? Very.

Comment

Originally posted by LI METS FAN View Post
                            Alderson's first 1st round draft pick to make the majors. Less than 250 career ab's.
                            How impressive is this kid right now? Very.
                            What I like the most about him is that he seems like a natural at the plate. Even in the 0 for 13 slide he recently went on, he was taking good swings and not looking like the lost sheep Duda looks like whenever he gets into a funk. He's a fun player to watch and the most talented outfielder to come through the organization since Darryl Strawberry.

Comment

How many home runs do you all think Conforto will hit this year?

I'm thinking 25.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X